Tim Seeley taking over Green Lanterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Seeley taking over Green Lanterns

Seems he's not just filling in for one issue in October.

Huh.

Comment

That's a good choice, however, he should've taken over HJ & the Corp. It's time to retire Venditti

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
        That's a good choice, however, he should've taken over HJ & the Corp. It's time to retire Venditti
        Disagree, I much prefer keeping Venditti and getting rid of Humphries. While Venditti's book isn't amazing its competently written and way better than the main book was pre-Rebirth. Humphries on the other hand managed to drive me away in about an arc, with him leaving I'll give the book another shot.

Anyways Seeley should be a good fit for the book if they stick with the whole buddy cop concept given the tone he's brought to Nightwing.

Comment

John Steinbeck could write that comic, and it would still die. The whole idea of it was that DC gave its customers what the company thought they should want. That mentality in business will fail 99 percent of the time, if not more.

Comment

If they switched up the characters in both books I'd be a little more excited for this. Venditti didn't do that great pre-Rebirth, post-Rebirth he's already lost over half his readers. Somebody that can't make a story with the GLC vs Starros, Brainiac, etc. a bit more interesting shouldn't be writing the GLC. At least one of those stories should've crossed over with GLs, but did they? Nope. Geoff had it made writing GL and having some say over what happened with the GLC. Despite more of the popular characters being in GLC nowadays, it's frakkin ridiculous GLs is given so much room to breathe and be it's own thing without getting drug into every other couple stories.

Geoff's vision wouldn't have worked if he didn't have some control over both books. Handicapping writers to where their stories don't mean dick outside of their own series is insulting. Especially since it's connected at the hip to GLs regardless.

With the GLC having such low numbers and joining with the Sinestro Corps, you'd think all hands would be on deck. At most maybe let one protect Earth and 2814. But two?!? Let alone two rookies?

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
              If they switched up the characters in both books I'd be a little more excited for this. Venditti didn't do that great pre-Rebirth, post-Rebirth he's already lost over half his readers. Somebody that can't make a story with the GLC vs Starros, Brainiac, etc. a bit more interesting shouldn't be writing the GLC. At least one of those stories should've crossed over with GLs, but did they? Nope. Geoff had it made writing GL and having some say over what happened with the GLC. Despite more of the popular characters being in GLC nowadays, it's frakkin ridiculous GLs is given so much room to breathe and be it's own thing without getting drug into every other couple stories.

Geoff's vision wouldn't have worked if he didn't have some control over both books. Handicapping writers to where their stories don't mean dick outside of their own series is insulting. Especially since it's connected at the hip to GLs regardless.

With the GLC having such low numbers and joining with the Sinestro Corps, you'd think all hands would be on deck. At most maybe let one protect Earth and 2814. But two?!? Let alone two rookies?

~//V\\~
              I think it is wise that Green Lanterns has not crossed over with Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps all that much. Crossovers aren't going to fix the problems that the Green Lantern franchise has. Many of the problems are actually due to constant crossovers. If I cared about Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz, I'd say that they should develop on their own and not be beholden to what is going on in some other book. So, in that respect, I think DC has made the right decision by not forcing them to cross over with the other Green Lantern title.
              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                John Steinbeck could write that comic, and it would still die. . .
                Yeah, But I'd like to read that book. I assume it would focus on the working-class struggles of Baz and Cruz's families.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  Yeah, But I'd like to read that book. I assume it would focus on the working-class struggles of Baz and Cruz's families.
                  Maybe he'd have changed with the times. Maybe now he'd make them rich capitalists and therefore "cool."

Comment

Working...
                  X