The Clothes and Fashion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[triple post, soz]

Update on everything. A few days after I went to the hairdressers again and she apologised and di the hair perfectly, it looked awesome. Heck the following day when I went to an open day at my college I got a nice complement from someone I know who's also going. Next week I'm having a hair cut again as it's grown, the sides are pretty much how they were after my haircut before I wanted a disconnected cut and I've had to restyle it as the top of my hair has gone out of control.

Okay now a facial hair update, since we're going to the funeral on Monday I decided it was time to sort out my facial hair. Shaved off the bum fluff moustache and shaved the scattered hair on my chinny chin chin, and I also finally shaped my sides (as before I just left them to grow by shaving only my chin and moustache). I'm able to get away with pretty long sideburns now, they pretty much meet up to the end of my ear lobes and are only about 1CM (less than half an inch) away from going all the way down to the bottom of my face and onto the neck (which one side did before shaving, but it would look scruffy anyway). So yes, I look a lot smarter now, they almost are mutton chops. My mother said she would have done them shorter if she was me but she doesn't like facial hair anyway.

As for funeral clothes I'm wearing that zipper jacket that I got for my Bday, a white shirt and a pair of trousers and pointy shoes from the 80s. It should look alright.

Oh by the way SpaceCop, while we were sorting through old clothes, we found a black waistcoat that fits me perfectly. It's one of those that is deliberately crumpled at the front but looks very smart. I'm taking it with me in case I need something different for the funeral (although I've decided if it's a hot day I'd wear that double breasted black cardigan with a shirt and possibly a tie). I'll probably start wearing the waist coat with some of my long sleeve button up T shirts once the weather gets colder, so now I can have the steampunk look!
    Deadpool
    Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 08-09-2014, 06:26 PM.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Nice find among the things. It's always nice when someone's former stuff goes to good use.

Comment

Indeed it is. As I said, my shoes and trousers I'll be wearing used to belong to my father in the 80s. The shoes are very pointy and didn't fit my father anymore but fitted me a treat. The trousers like a lot of 80s ones come up quite high on me but whatever, it's cool. Thing is though it has a stripe on it that made my dad look like an over eccentric prat (in a bad way) but it kinda suited me, or at least suited me as good as it suits anyone). But yeah I'll look forward to adding the waistcoat to my wardrobe, something I can finally fit my pocket watch in other than trousers!

Oh just for reference for everybody else, this is the jacket I'll be wearing to the funeral (I assume anyway)

Do you guys think this'll work?
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Just for the record, I wore that jacket and the waist coat (along with a maroon tie with very tiny white dots) and I looks very smart. Without the jacket I looked a bit 1930s. :P

Anyway, I was cruising Amazon and I found this waist coat which I simply adore. It's a "Izaac Mens Denim Casual Slim Fit Skinny Dress Vest Waistcoat Gilet" which is basically a denim waist coat in dark blue denim and five gold buttons. Just posting the link here so you can have a really look at it an also as in an emergency on my next Amazon shopping spree I don't forget it. I have a nasty feeling the pockets will be fakies again so I won't be able to wear my pocket watch on it, but I can just about cope with that.

Thoughts?

Comment

Given what you said about your slim figure, that's probably a perfect choice for you; much better than just tightening a regular-cut waistcoat with the straps (which I seem some young, skinny guys do).

Comment

Well then, it's settled! Glad you think it'll work. Modern but could fit in with the Steampunk scene at the same time.

Comment

picking this bad boy up soon

.................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

lol nice. You like your Sons of Anarky. But yeah, it looks nice. Leather hoodies are cool. Plus judging from the photos you've posted of yourself, it will probably suit you very well!

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    picking this bad boy up soon
                    Do you ride? Not saying you need a bike to wear a biker jacket, but given your love of the show I was curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                      lol nice. You like your Sons of Anarky. But yeah, it looks nice. Leather hoodies are cool. Plus judging from the photos you've posted of yourself, it will probably suit you very well!
                      i never usualy buy merchandise from specific shows since tv is rare to have a good show honestly. tonight is the premier of the final season so once that franchise officially ends ill have nothing to watch so i may just cancel my cable since itll save me money in my pocket and i can just watch everything online... after i got my own place i just went to the basic basic cable that way im not paying $107 a month and i dont get fx but itll be online by the end of the night
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                        i never usualy buy merchandise from specific shows since tv is rare to have a good show honestly. tonight is the premier of the final season so once that franchise officially ends ill have nothing to watch so i may just cancel my cable since itll save me money in my pocket and i can just watch everything online... after i got my own place i just went to the basic basic cable that way im not paying $107 a month and i dont get fx but itll be online by the end of the night
                        Well there's still plenty of good TV shows out there, I wouldn't quite give up yet. I know I keep banging on about this, but if I were you I'd give "Banshee" a go, it's a fucking awesome show!

Anyway, along with that denim waistcoat I posted, I plan on buying this unusual waistcoat on Amzaon today.

I can get this for like under a tenner so I think it's a good deal. I'd also like one of these double breasted hoodies, either in black or in red.

If I like whichever colour I go for, I'll probably buy the other colour. White and grey don't really interest me that much though.

[EDIT]: I was browsing Amazon and I found this pretty awesome faux leather jacket.

In my size and style, it's about £25. It has a nice unique look to it and it's a (synthetic) leather with a non biker look. Not too rock and roll but trendy enough! Here's the link to it on Amazon in case you guys want a further look but more importantly so I can find this page in an emergency. Note the style I like is Black2. The price isn't a problem, I just wonder because it's synthetic it'll be any good. Thoughts guys?

[ANOTHER EDIT MANY HOURS LATER]: I found some nice shirts on Amazon too, a bit 70s but I like those big collars. Finally found some ones that didn't have bright patterns here. Would they look silly? Would it be impractical? Would my parents and peers think I've gone nuts? I don't know, I need your opinions and time to answer that one, I thought I'd just leave that here too. Actually on second thoughts they're a bit pricey, I might leave them. Oh well, thought I might as well list them in case I change my mind int he future. If I'm ever in need of a new shirt, I'll know where to go. I'd probably go for the black.
                        Deadpool
                        Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
                        Last edited by Deadpool; 09-14-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Yay, new haircut!

Comment

• Just ordered all this.

Comment

• I like the jacket!

Comment

• OMG, new stuff I want! Just posting these links here as a sort of self reminder. You guys can take a look too and tell me if I should go for them.
                                Casual Blazer Thing
                                Slightly more formal casual blazer thing.
                                Thoughts guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X