green lanterns small mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green lanterns small mask

always wondered how the hell green lanterns mask kept his identity secret i mean come on those types of masks are so small if you know hal and saw gl it would be obvious its almost as bad as supermans glasses.......thats why i always liked the crab mask.......it would have a better chance of concealing your identity.

first off- use the power of the period because that whole first sentence is a run on and is exhaustive and confusing to read.

secondly- It still covers a decent chunk of his face so i could see how most people may not get, plus i'm sure most of coast city's residents don't know Hal Jordan.
    I am a friend of Caboose

Party of Three fantasy webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by TEN_RINGS View Post
      always wondered how the hell green lanterns mask kept his identity secret i mean come on those types of masks are so small if you know hal and saw gl it would be obvious its almost as bad as supermans glasses.......thats why i always liked the crab mask.......it would have a better chance of concealing your identity.
      I'd say with extended exposure, sure. But I maintain that, for a while at least, the fact that you are not EXPECTING GL to be Hal would be enough to keep you from recognizing him in that context, even though the disguise is somewhat flimsy. I think if my own MOM were GL, as long as she changed her voice and wore SOME kind of mask, I wouldn't recognize her for a while, since I would have no reason to expect her to be GL. It is sometimes difficult to recognize things out of their expected context, even with minimal (or even NO) alteration of appearance- depending on how familiar you are with them, and how out-of-context you see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre216 View Post
        first off- use the power of the period because that whole first sentence is a run on and is exhaustive and confusing to read.

secondly- It still covers a decent chunk of his face so i could see how most people may not get, plus i'm sure most of coast city's residents don't know Hal Jordan.
        well you are going to hate most of my posts then since i dont think i use proper punctuation i will try to do so from now on but i am a slow learner and also it doesnt cover that much of his face at all but i did think maybe the green aura that surrounds him makes it difficult to see who he is.

Comment

well you are going to hate most of my posts then since i dont think i use proper punctuation i will try to do so from now on but i am a slow learner and also it doesnt cover that much of his face at all but i did think maybe the green aura that surrounds him makes it difficult to see who he is.
          well you are going to hate most of my posts then since i don't think i use proper punctuation. i will try to do so from now on but i am a slow learner. I digress, It doesn't cover that much of his face at all, but i did think maybe the green aura that surrounds him makes it difficult to see who he is.

^this is all i ask.
          I am a friend of Caboose

Party of Three fantasy webcomic

Comment

Someone failed english class.

Comment

I am more surprised Carol never figured it out... had a crush on Hal AND GL? And actually thought it was two different guys that happen to be exactly the same hieght and build, same hair style, same voice and were in same area during problems? Ahh the inocent 60's....
              Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by logant26 View Post
                Someone failed english class.
                It should be public knowledge that I did indeed fail english class. However I see no reason for you to waste a post saying that. You didnt even have anything to say about the topic at hand. I know it sucks being kyles nude model, but you dont need to put up fake posts to get your numbers up.

for the record I love the small mask it suits hal perfectly. the mask just reminds me of how silly the clark kent and superman thing is,and its the same with gl.

Comment

I just always assumed that nobody recognized Hal in his small green mask because the writers want it that way.

Comment

Um...Clark Kent....Glasses....Need I really say more...It's a comic

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                      I just always assumed that nobody recognized Hal in his small green mask because the writers want it that way.
                      Priceless . . . just what I was thinking.

When it comes to comics, which are in my opinion escapism at it's best, it's usually best to not over-think the simple things. The mask looked good with the costume when designed. End of story.

Comment

What I found funny was the moment in Green Arrow #31 when Nudocerda removes Ollie's mask and is genuinely surprised.
                        To say that Ollie's disguise was laughable is an understatement, especially when you consider how high profile Ollie was. Waxed moustache? Check; Excessively groomed goatee? Check; short blond hair receding at the front? Just about covered by a cap.
                        Minimum space distance:
                        a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                        ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

Originally posted by chivalrous View Post
                          What I found funny was the moment in Green Arrow #31 when Nudocerda removes Ollie's mask and is genuinely surprised.
                          To say that Ollie's disguise was laughable is an understatement, especially when you consider how high profile Ollie was. Waxed moustache? Check; Excessively groomed goatee? Check; short blond hair receding at the front? Just about covered by a cap.
                          ROFLMAO. That & super kent's glasses are the 2 stupidest identities I can think of the top of my hat.

I go For the Crab mask or a whole cowl. I hate little masks like the one Jordan & robin use, speedy, bucky etc etc. They are just Stupid.

Comment

Nothing hides your identity quite like sticking a green sega genesis controller to your face. I just thought it was funny in "Rebirth" how the ring gives Hal his mask rather than him choosing it. The ring clearly thinks earth people are blind or just thick.
                            Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Eh, it's a super hero conciet. It's never bothered me at all. Even for Green Arrow. Although it's funny when you have characters who completely see through the disguise.

Comment

Working...
                              X