No announcement yet.

Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man that's a bummer. What a beloved actor.

Comment

• Yeah, always liked him even before I knew his name. Parkinson's sucks. R.I.P.

Comment

• RIP Mr. Holm. What a tragedy. He's so great in Alien, and Parkinson's terrible.

Comment

• Weird, I was sure he was already dead. I must've confused him with somebody else.

Comment

• d@mn i just got done looking at LoftheR and the Hobbit a couple weeks ago, truly a sad day for us all R.I.P

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• https://www.thewrap.com/else-blangst...or-dies-at-99/

Else Blangsted, a holocaust survivor who became a successful film music editor on movies like “Star Trek IV — The Voyage Home” and “The Color Purple,” died at her home in Los Angeles of natural causes at the age of 99.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Weird, I was sure he was already dead. I must've confused him with somebody else.
                Were you thinking of John Hurt?

Comment

• Variety: Joel Schumacher, Director of Batman Films, Dies at 80
                  Joel Schumacher, costume designer-turned-director of films including “St. Elmo’s Fire,” “The Lost Boys” and “Falling Down,” as well as “Batman” films, died in New York City on Monday morning after a year-long battle with cancer. He was 80.

Comment

• Shit. Lost Boys is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I'm one of the few people who unironically loved Batman Forever. Also, Phone Booth is an underrated masterpiece.

Comment

• Damn, I know he had basically retired, but still this is unexpected. People give him shit for his Batman movies, but he made a lot of other fine films. Cousins is an extremely underappreciated film, and I love Falling Down. RIP!!!

Comment

• Joel was underappreciated for his Batman films (maybe they needed a little tweaking, but they weren't terrible as some would say); I liked them well enough for what they brought to the franchise.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                          Joel was underappreciated for his Batman films (maybe they needed a little tweaking, but they weren't terrible as some would say); I liked them well enough for what they brought to the franchise.
                          Yeah, I still enjoy watching both. I guess I watch Batman and Robin "ironically," but I still really enjoy it.

Comment

• People tend to forget that Batman Forever was actually recieved quite well. It was Batman & Robin that performed poorly. But you know what? I was 11 when that movie came out, and I've enjoyed it every time I've watched it since I first rented it on VHS from Blockbuster. That said, it has a lot of problems, but they were the result of studio insistence, not Schumacher's own choices for the film. If anything, the fact that it's still a fun movie to watch despite its massive problems is a testament to his ability as a filmmaker.
                            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                              People tend to forget that Batman Forever was actually recieved quite well. It was Batman & Robin that performed poorly. But you know what? I was 11 when that movie came out, and I've enjoyed it every time I've watched it since I first rented it on VHS from Blockbuster. That said, it has a lot of problems, but they were the result of studio insistence, not Schumacher's own choices for the film. If anything, the fact that it's still a fun movie to watch despite its massive problems is a testament to his ability as a filmmaker.
                              I was a bit older than that; I was a senior in HS and drove to the theater to see B&R with a friend. At the time, I was really disappointed, but I've come to enjoy it. Whatever the flaws, it's not a boring movie, which is really the only unforgivable flaw in a movie for me.

Comment

• I remember Forever's controversy on Kilmer sweating half to death wearing a heavy rubber suit. Even as a kid I wondered why they didn't actually do something about that. With all they were capable of then and especially now, wearing something poorly designed just makes the actor suffer needlessly.

Also, we had the Two-Face and Riddler glass mugs, which I now want to hunt down again because goddamn were they cool.
                                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X