The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 03-30-2020, 12:26 AM   #3876
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Spent the whole day grinding side missions and control points and finally got my Hardcore mode agent to level 30 in Division 2.

I still have the one mission left, I think, and then the three strongholds before I have to do everything all over again against Black Tusk while working to gear score 500/world tier 5. And then I can take a huge fucking break to grind my ass off in Destiny 2 for Redrix's Broadsword (75 Crucible matches my ass!).

But at least I remembered to renew my PS Plus for another year.

edit -- decided to go ahead and do the last mission tonight so that I only have the strongholds and Black Tusk reset to worry about next. Didn't have much trouble, thankfully.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 03-30-2020 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Muscles!!!
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:09 AM   #3877
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Beat District Union Arena last night, and Roosevelt Island and Capitol Building just now. Managing to enter world tier 1 was a huge relief, especially considering I never thought I'd get this far. Even exploiting the recalibration library to apply max stats to my gear, I still had a few close calls (especially when my stupid drone decided it didn't want to do anything other than hang around like a clay pigeon, not even trying to attack enemies).

I'm going to have to play it relatively safe from here on because Black Tusk can be truly annoying and there will be a few spots where I need to be prepared for difficulty (especially the timer near one mission's end, that'll drive me nuts). But now I have a fair bit of in-game money to repeatedly modify my gear with max stats so that I'm not always at a severe disadvantage.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:07 AM   #3878
Space Cop
The Dandy

Using my extra time, I finished all challenges (apart from yet-to-purchase DLC) on Hitman Season 2. Dang was sniper, silent assassin suit only difficult on the last level, professional difficulty. I must be nuts.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #3879
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...or_dps_glitch/

Division 2 is a blazing inferno of problems at the moment for everyone except a relative handful of players.

1) DPS glitch that allows you to do absolutely astronomical amounts of damage (one guy in that linked thread says a teammate he matchmade with was doing 1800M using a pistol/shield). This allowed players to destroy difficult content with ease and utterly nuke other players in PvP encounters.

2) Massive declared they would be using temporary bans and marking accounts for violators, and reset your personal saves to March 17 so that anything earned since then is lost and must be regained.

3) Huge problem: the ban is based on session host, so even if you've never glitched you will be banned if a total stranger in your matchmade team did, totally screwing over innocent players. Of course, a number of YouTubers/streamers are apparently untouched by this and enjoying a good laugh at everyone else's expense.

4) Massive may have directly violated Ubisoft's Terms of Service by issuing a sudden ban without 5-day notice first. How this will play out remains to be seen, but Massive getting sorely chastised for a knee-jerk action and forced to properly address the issue would be immensely gratifying.

I'm very disappointed in the poorly-thought-out and poorly-executed actions. I wasn't affected because I've been doing Hardcore only and I've not even touched the Dark Zone since forever, but this is still unacceptable.

I was looking forward to Warlords of New York and wanted to get it once it was on discount (and with some debugging), but this failure of quality control makes me deeply upset at someone I should be enjoying.

edit --- cleared two Hardcore missions to get ready for the first invaded stronghold, and after I beat that I'll enter world tier 2. Had some trouble because the damn grenade launcher hesitated to shoot and if I didn't have insanely high armor, I'd probably be dead and have lost the will to play Hardcore. I doubt I'll get better guns/gear so I'm just going to have to work on taking down the enemies as carefully as possible and not rushing. I didn't have any serious issues yet so I should be fine.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 04-02-2020 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Kaboom, Kaboom
Old 04-05-2020, 02:34 AM   #3880
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

More close calls, but I managed to clear Invaded Roosevelt Island and enter world tier 3. I barely managed to scrounge up funds though, because you get experience and crafting materials more often than you get currency in this game, and the frequent amount of loot you don't want/need is your only regular source of funds.

In turn, I can barely find a suitable assault rifle, but it shouldn't be long before a random drop fixes that. I'm going to need it for the Invaded Space Admin boss. And much better skill mods, because my drone is pathetic.

edit -- good news is I can grind low-level bounties for plenty of funds. I also managed to get through Invaded Capitol Building and reach world tier 4. Now to be absolutely sure I can take on Tidal Basin and "beat" Hardcore mode.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 04-05-2020 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:59 AM   #3881
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Killed by a fucking free-roaming named boss who spotted me from a distance as I was heading to a control point. Enemies were from different factions but naturally all were shooting at me instead of each other. Even though I had fairly high armor it was shredded and my health disappeared almost instantly under that much firepower.

Nearly 72 hours' worth of playtime down the drain. And all I had left was Tidal Basin and then I could have quit out.

God fucking damn it.

It's gonna take fucking forever to grind all of it back up.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:54 PM   #3882
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, I immediately restarted a new Hardcore character, and this time I'm going to be a lot more diligent and check more frequently so I can make best use of available upgrades so I get through it all faster than before. Also going to remember not to sacrifice a little more armor in favor of a little more damage, that was definitely a contributing factor to my demise last night.

I figure that if I crack away at it regularly and with previous lessons in mind, it should only take me a couple weeks to get through it all, at least reach my last point.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:51 AM   #3883
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

We had power outages (caused by winds fucking with power lines, I'm sure) so I held off on even using my PS4 until late tonight. When I turned it on I didn't feel like playing Hardcore so instead I grabbed a number of collectibles in Arkham Asylum and then started playing Arkham City.

It looks gorgeous in its remastered state, even better than Asylum (though I swear that was the case with its original release). Gameplay is still smooth as melting butter even though I need to get used to the flight controls all over again. I remembered to throw a remote batarang at Azrael after taking out Dent, so I deserve a pat on the back.

But looking over the trophy list reminds me that visiting fucking Calendar Man for 12 days an entire year is something expected of players. I swear I got it on Xbox 360 back during original release but not on PS3, and I doubt I'm going to get it on both PS3 and 4 since that would mean constantly reconnecting plugs just for one goddamn trophy. I still somewhat admire the idea, but this trophy shows that even Rocksteady can make mistakes.

But other than that, I already know I'm going to have a total blast playing it. Already I'm recognizing a ton of old clues (like Tommy Elliot in the church).
Old 04-11-2020, 02:52 AM   #3884
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

We had power outages (caused by winds fucking with power lines, I'm sure) so I held off on even using my PS4 until late tonight. When I turned it on I didn't feel like playing Hardcore so instead I grabbed a number of collectibles in Arkham Asylum and then started playing Arkham City.

It looks gorgeous in its remastered state, even better than Asylum (though I swear that was the case with its original release). Gameplay is still smooth as melting butter even though I need to get used to the flight controls all over again. I remembered to throw a remote batarang at Azrael after taking out Dent, so I deserve a pat on the back.

But looking over the trophy list reminds me that visiting fucking Calendar Man for 12 days an entire year is something expected of players. I swear I got it on Xbox 360 back during original release but not on PS3, and I doubt I'm going to get it on both PS3 and 4 since that would mean constantly reconnecting plugs just for one goddamn trophy. I still somewhat admire the idea, but this trophy shows that even Rocksteady can make mistakes.

But other than that, I already know I'm going to have a total blast playing it. Already I'm recognizing a ton of old clues (like Tommy Elliot in the church).
Old 04-11-2020, 03:16 AM   #3885
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
...But looking over the trophy list reminds me that visiting fucking Calendar Man for 12 days an entire year is something expected of players. . .
I think I rolled the clock on my PS3 to get that. I know I did some legit (I remember going on for a minute one Christmas to get that), but I think when I learned that 'hack' I decided it was worth it for 100% before waiting a year.

Last edited by Space Cop; 04-11-2020 at 03:37 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #3886
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Shit man, it's hard enough getting all the combat and predator trophies (especially the latter, because despite the YouTube videos making them look easy, getting dudes to line up just right is a one-in-a-million chance).

Just got done Penguin's Museum arena, where you find out he has Titan thugs. Game is still just as fun as I remember.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:33 PM   #3887
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I lost all my achievements when I set my PS3 back to default settings to fix the BD player. I don't mind losing the 100%, but it's annoying how much I would have to do to unlock all the challenges.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:25 AM   #3888
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Almost finished with the campaign for Arkham City. Just beat Joker in the Steel Mill and looted the TYGER Vault, so now I have to stop Protocol Ten and save Gotham, and then defeat Two-Face.

And then various side missions, such as rescuing Riddler's hostages, collecting all items and solving all puzzles, the AR flights, Zsasz, stop Deadshot, and some other random shit.

I got an unintended laugh while paying respects in Crime Alley, believe it or not: you get a very good look at the chalk outlines of Thomas and Martha, and I swear they're floating above the pavement.

I should have the story and some side missions wrapped up tomorrow, and then I can get back to Hardcore in Division 2, switching back and forth between those and maybe mopping up Arkham Asylum's challenges (I don't need to clear the map of collectibles in Hard mode, but I'd like to all the same).
Old 04-12-2020, 02:47 AM   #3889
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Almost finished with the campaign for Arkham City. . . I got an unintended laugh while paying respects in Crime Alley, believe it or not: you get a very good look at the chalk outlines of Thomas and Martha, and I swear they're floating above the pavement. . .
I didn't get a glitch there, but were you doing the achievement where you kind of bow there for a minute?
Old 04-12-2020, 04:10 AM   #3890
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

It isn't a glitch, it's a texture issue at its core: the remaster makes it very clear that the chalk outlines are a separate texture file from the pavement. Would have been better if they had redesigned that section of the street, but it's a small complaint.

Also, I said screw it and completed Wonder Tower (aside from a couple collectibles), so now just the final showdown and side missions, then challenge mode and new game plus.

...And now I remember that I still haven't completed my PS3 copy of Arkham Origins. Need to find that online guide I was using to help complete the Dark Knight challenges in that game, since they're merciless and linear in design and require a guide. (That game isn't available on PS Store except for PS Now, I think, which is a little baffling).
Old 04-12-2020, 07:45 AM   #3891
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Quote:
(That game isn't available on PS Store except for PS Now, I think, which is a little baffling).
It's because Arkham Origins is only really an Arkham game in name. It was made by a different developer and had a somewhat different voice cast. Basically, it was just thrown together to keep the franchise in the minds of gamers while the real next game in the franchise (Arkham Knight) was being made for the then next generation.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:22 PM   #3892
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I know it was made by WB Montreal, I just think it's weird that it is restricted like that.

Anyway, beat the final boss of the main game for Arkham City, defeated Two-Face, and am now mopping up all the extra to-dos.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:03 PM   #3893
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

I wouldn't call that restricted, it's just not been given the remaster treatment. Lots of games haven't been remastered. Heck, most of my favorite games from last gen haven't been remastered. Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, the Mass Effect trilogy, Oblivion, Heavenly Sword... heck, even the original Assassin's Creed hasn't been remastered, yet, even though the rest of the franchise has been.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:53 PM   #3894
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I'm not talking about a remaster, I mean at all. I searched for it and it was only available via PS Now.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:38 AM   #3895
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Oh, I get what you mean now. That's because the PS3 PS Store was shut down. You can still access the stuff you bought via your download list, but the actual store isn't functional anymore.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:02 AM   #3896
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well that's a little disappointing to hear.

As Batman, collected all Riddler trophies and solved all Riddles, but I'm holding off on taking down Riddler himself. The same as every other time I played the game (360/PS3), I'm saving that incredible bastard for last. Also took down Zsasz. Still need to collect all the Catwoman Riddler trophies. Working on the various challenges (open world) and have most finished, but some are a pain (gliding 30 meters while less than 5 meters above water).

After all that, I'll crank out what Riddler's Revenge medals I can before sinking my teeth into New Game Plus. Gotta decide which costume to wear, either Batman Inc or TAS, but I'll probably switch back and forth.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #3897
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I'm seeing rumors online (Jason Schreier) that at E3, WB was going to possibly unveil a new Batman game (possibly Court of Owls), a new Rocksteady game (possibly Superman/Justice League), and a new Harry Potter game.

It's been almost 5 years since Arkham Knight came out, hasn't it? I'd love to see a new entry.

edit -- beat Riddler in Arkham City (took a few tries because the cameras are fidgety and kept sensing me), and cleared out the last physical challenges (using X tactics on Y enemies, etc). Just got a flawless run on the first combat map in Riddler's Revenge as Batman. Going to take a good while to beat all of the content (and then again on PS3 as well!).

Last edited by Agent Purple; 04-14-2020 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:36 PM   #3898
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Beat New Game Plus, including Catwoman's story, and have wrapped up a few side missions as Batman, working on the rest (fucking AR flying is going to drive me nuts yet again).

I even remembered to unlock the secret room aboard Scarecrow's boat this time!

Only died once, so I'm proud of myself (touched a random object when doing the Demon Trial flights). Still working on the Revenge challenges, but I have a chunk finished as Batman. Will do Harley Quinn's Revenge very soon as well.

edit -- beat HQR, need to mop up a few trophies and then I only have to steadily whittle away the challenge mode maps. I'll probably find another game to occupy my time to avoid burnout so that I can better enjoy Arkham Knight. (And I still have that stupid quest in Destiny 2 to finish).

Last edited by Agent Purple; 04-19-2020 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:00 AM   #3899
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, I completed all trophies (including those 30 goddamn balloons!) in HQR, and am now finishing up the base game's Riddler's Revenge maps (took me over 15 minutes to do Lost City Extreme because of its conditions involving taking no damage). Did a quick fight as Nightwing just to refresh my feel of him, and yes, it's as disappointing now as it was the first time that he has no voice actor, but he at least still looks and handles well enough.

I'm almost done with the 25 Control matches for the Broadsword quest in Destiny 2, and hopefully I can complete a few other challenges this weekend. I really also need to clean out old bounties from Destiny 1, as a matter of fact.

It's gonna be a very busy weekend for me.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:44 PM   #3900
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I finally got done the 25 Control matches for the Broadsword quest, and now I'm steadily going to grind out the Rumble matches before agonizing my way through the remaining 25 Competitive bouts. After that it's just 20 Crucible bounties and then 5 Valor resets (which hopefully I've done already, I honestly can't remember) and then I can finally put this grind to rest and enjoy my new pulse rifle.

I also thought I'd try my luck and to my surprise I was able to do the introduction of Shadowkeep (visiting the Moon, seeing Nightmare Crota). Ho-lee shit, I was impressed. But I still need to get and complete Forsaken first, and on top of that I also have Warlords of New York for Division 2 that I need to get at some point (I wish these damn DLCs would have a sale soon).

Last night I watched a YouTube video by Timbo examining Anthem one year later, and he barely had anything positive to say about it. Yes, BioWare has managed to scrounge up a few quality-of-life patches but it's painfully clear that without a massive overhaul that basically remakes the entire game virtually from the ground up, then this is dead. Which sucks because I wanted to get it and see an interesting new setting and cool Iron Man-type suits. Unless Anthem 2.0 is a miracle, then I'll have to stick to watching a walkthrough series online to get my Anthem experience.