No announcement yet.

GLC: Rise of the Dark Lantern or RIP Sinestro [Rest in Pieces]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the potential problems that could come from Oblivion and Jasmine's meeting, or the fact that Oblivion had a hand in the design of Kyle's first crab-mask suit! Here's what IonFan sent me after reading the chapter in two separate PM's....

Originally posted by IonFan
    ok for part 1 i don't want to even think about what happened with Kyle and the girl, cause that would be just to much to take in right now, i like Oblivion's new powers in the real world very Onslaught like

part 2 wow Oblivion is some kind of demon and has been with Kyle since he was a little boy now that i did not see coming, and i love the fact that it was Oblivion that "helped" with Kyle's 1st GL symbol (the yin and yang one) it all makes perfect sense now why is was like that

i tell ya Kid i don't know what we're getting from DC with the reboot but i know for a fact that GL: NG will have a lot to live up to with what your doing here with your fanfic
    ~KL~

Comment

lol your to fast for me Kid i was just about to re-post those lol

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I didn't realize it at first until I was naming this last chapter. All of the chapter titles are from songs....

I see a darkness - Johnny Cash
        Back in black - ACDC
        Fear of the dark - Iron Maiden
        Welcome to my nightmare - Alice Cooper
        Lip gloss and black - Atreyu

...I think I'll try to keep that going. LOL

~KL~

Comment

The next chapter will be the same name of a Metallica song.

~KL~

Comment

has to be fade to black
            Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Nope, already had the word black in at least two chapters and I don't wanna play the word out too quick LOL

There was actually three I was looking at and decided on one in particular....

~KL~

Comment

HA!HA!HA!HA!

well I'll wait for the next chapter..

Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

It's taking a little longer than expected but I'm trying not to rush the ending. After doing some research on different demons and spirits I think most of you will like what I've come up with! I'm about 70% done with the next chapter, hopefully I can finish it tonight after I paint my kitchen....

~KL~

Comment

Chapter 8 pt 1

Dark Lantern Chapter 5: Seek and Destroy

“My name is Kyle Rayner. I’m in control.” thought Kyle picking himself up off the ground in an alley.

“The nightmares… I finally figured out where they were coming from. Oblivion. When I first encountered the big O, he was several loose constructs and nightmares built up into a monster. I thought all this time that he was my creation. He’s some sort of demon that jumped inside of me when I was a boy. He’s been watching my life go by and tried escaping at least a dozen or so times. Now he’s trying to take my body….” Kyle thought walking home.

“Now he’s trying to take my body. What do you think, Alan? Do you still have Dr. Fate or maybe even Blue Devil’s number?” Kyle asked Alan flying through Gotham the next morning.

“The Starheart energies have mystical properties, Kyle. If you could somehow use them to draw him out of your body….” Alan started to say.

“…I’d let some sort of demon from Hell run wild on Earth. I don’t think I can purge him and contain him on my own. I still wouldn’t have a clue what to do with him even after he’s contained. He’s not some loser in a Halloween costume, he’s an “it.” the Dark Lantern responded.

“Have you ever willed yourself into your ring?” Alan asked flying over Wayne Tower.

“Once or twice yeah, why?” Kyle asked.

“If you can will yourself into your ring, and Parallax into your Power Battery, you could do the same with Oblivion.” Alan replied.

Kyle rolled his eyes….

“Why didn’t I think of that…?” Kyle responded with a flicker of red in his eye.

Later….

“HEY?!? What am I doing?” Kyle thought for a moment before realizing he had no control over his own body.
                    He watched as his hands brought his personal Power Battery down hard on the edge of a rooftop several times. Inside of it the Parallax entity watched on like a snake behind a glass wall that was cracking slightly.

“This ends NOW!” Kyle thought as large amounts of green energy spewed from the Dark Lanterns eyes and mouth.

The Power Battery dropped. Kyle continued to glow and spew energy from his eyes and then began floating. With one large push of energy and willpower Kyle fell to the rooftop smoking. Oblivion stood roughly fifteen feet away, picking up the Battery.

“Do you have any idea what you have just given me, mortal?” Oblivion asked dropping the Battery back down.

“Flesh and blood, energy….” Oblivion began.

“…a tangible body to beat on!” Kyle screamed as he blasted the twisted villain with green energy from his eyes as he picked himself up.

The Dark Lantern created constructs of Jason [from Friday the 13th] and Freddy [from Nightmare on Elm Street], who began slashing at the monster with a machete blade and a clawed hand respectively. Oblivion quickly grabbed Jason by the neck and after cracking it in his hand the construct dissipated.

~KL~
                    Ωmega Man
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Ωmega Man; 08-11-2011, 04:49 AM.

Comment

*boo too short boo* lol

anyway so "big O" is going after "big P" huh.............. i like where this is going

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern
                        Still trying to post the rest of it, give it time LOL

EDIT: BTW, there was more added to the original post.

~KL~
                        d@mn it i posted to fast then lol my bad

IonFan says

Comment

pt 2

“Your constructs can’t hurt me, boy!” Oblivion screamed as Kyle went airborne.

“I know what you are, Oblivion. Where did you come from? What do you want from me?!?” Kyle screamed as the demon drew closer.

“I am one of the many Oneiroi. I have gone by many names over the centuries trying to escape the nightmare world of mortals.” Oblivion said catching up to the hero, then getting blasted in the face with eye beams.

“Why did you possess me when I was just a kid?” Kyle continued before getting rammed into the side of a skyscraper.

“I sensed that you would one day possess POWER.” Oblivion said as Kyle recovered and began flying back towards his battery lying on the roof.

“Power that I WANTED… power that I NEEDED to escape the nightmare dimension that has been my home for centuries. And now I….” Oblivion began as Kyle reached his battery.

“…talk too much!” the Dark Lantern said drawing the demon toward the battery.

The horned behemoth fought with everything he had. He shot energy towards Kyle. His feet were stretching toward the ring port when suddenly….

PARALLAX reached out of the battery and grasped Oblivion in his large yellow hand and pulled him into the battery.

Later….

“I can’t believe that worked. And Parallax…. Oblivion probably looked like a giant fruit roll up just outside of my….” Kyle thought flying through the roof of his Brooklyn apartment noticing something large in the corner of his home.

“You are to release your power battery to me at once, Kyle Rayner of Earth. You are no longer a member of the Green Lantern Corps….” said an unknown Alpha Lantern lighting up and taking a defensive stance.

~KL~
                          Ωmega Man
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Ωmega Man; 08-11-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

*after re-reading the 1st part*

HOLY SH!T IT'S ON NOW MOTHERF@CKERS

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                              *after re-reading the 1st part*

HOLY SH!T IT'S ON NOW MOTHERF@CKERS
                              The second part is where it's at LOL

~KL~

Comment

*after reading part 2*

F@CK YEAH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, even a demon knew Kyle was gonna be great one day (suck it Hal fans )

IonFan says

Comment

Working...
                                X