The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 12-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #51
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

this is driving me insane.
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #52
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

also if anyone wants a effigy dcd or emerald shield I can get them my lcs has 3 effigies and alot of emrald shield... EM used to be marked at 24.95 now down to 14.95
Old 12-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #53
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
today will be a good day to check trus they usually get trucks in on friday night
Actually, TRUs get trucks in most nights!

But that doesn't help us collectors, because they get different items in on different days of the week. What you need to know is which particular night the truck with the Mattel action figure restock comes in, so you can get there at 10 AM (or whatever that store's opening time is) the following morning, to be the first one into the action figure aisle to snatch the figures off of the pegs! And THAT'S the tricky part!

For instance, back in July, when the 25th Anniversary G.I.*Joe figures first hit stores, I wasn't working (the company I used to work for closed all of their MD store locations down in June,) so I could be at TRU or K-Mart or wherever in the morning when they opened to see if the figures were on the shelf/pegs yet. And eventually, I figured out the "schedule" at 2 area locations. The TRU in Glen Burnie, MD was, at the time, receiving the 25th Anniversary Joes on Tuesday nights, and had them out on the aisle by 10 AM Wednesday morning. In the meantime, the store in Columbia, MD was receiving theirs on THURSDAY nights, and had them out in the aisle when they opened on Friday morning. BUT... they weren't getting restocked on them every week! So, after figuring out this "schedule", there were weeks that I was there at 10 AM on the appropriate day, only to find the 25th Anniversary section bare!

So, again, that's the real trick: knowing when your local store gets restocked on the Mattel action figures. What really sucks is that the shopping center I currently work in had a TRU in it for years! And it's in my hometown. So I could EASILY hit that TRU in the morning to look for new stuff, every day if need be! But TRU closed that location a year or 2 back, so now I have to drive at least 20 minutes away to find one, which means I can only hit TRU on mornings that I don't have to open the store. It's a pain in the butt! If the TRU were still open in the shopping center I work in, I'd come in at like 9:45, cut off the store's alarm (so the bosses would see that I had arrived at work early or on time, because they can check the alarm logs), then I'd put up my break sign "back at 10:15" and run around the corner to be there when TRU opened!

But I can't do that now, since TRU shut our local store down!

If I still had that option, I'd be in that store EVERY MORNING until I found GLs for all of us!

Oh, and today, I went to my LCS to pick up this week's books (yay! New GL!!! ^_^) and while I was out that way, I hit the K-Mart 5-10 minutes from my LCS, which was the only K-Mart I go to that I didn't hit last night. They had a TON of figures from The Batman, the most I'd seen at any store while looking! But they were all from previous waves, I saw NONE of the figures from the new wave. There's a KB Toy Works store about 10 minutes from there, but I skipped them because I would've been late to work had I gone there, and KB is always the LAST to get the hot new figures, anyway. When I was hunting down the 25th Anniversary Joes, EVERY major toy retailer received them BEFORE KB. So, I may wait at least a week or more before I start checking that Toy Works store.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-29-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #54
zebra3

I went to several different stores today and struck out at every one. I saw a couple of the ShadowTek figures but no GLs. A lot of the stores were trashed from Christmas, you think they would hire for over-nite to clean up.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:41 PM   #55
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra3 View Post
I went to several different stores today and struck out at every one. I saw a couple of the ShadowTek figures but no GLs. A lot of the stores were trashed from Christmas, you think they would hire for over-nite to clean up.
Well, that's what you get for thinking!

IF they hire overnighters, they're most likely there to put out the new stock ONLY. Which means taking the shipment off the truck, bringing the items out onto the floor, putting them on the shelves/pegs wherever there's room, sticking "leftovers" in the overstock area on the really high shelves or in the back room, depending on how their store does things, and then they're OUT OF THERE! Straightening the aisles is the responsibility of the staff that work the floor during business hours! I thought EVERYONE knew that!

--Dan (Who knows these things because he's been in retail longer than he cares to remember.)
Old 12-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #56
zebra3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Well, that's what you get for thinking!

IF they hire overnighters, they're most likely there to put out the new stock ONLY. Which means taking the shipment off the truck, bringing the items out onto the floor, putting them on the shelves/pegs wherever there's room, sticking "leftovers" in the overstock area on the really high shelves or in the back room, depending on how their store does things, and then they're OUT OF THERE! Straightening the aisles is the responsibility of the staff that work the floor during business hours! I thought EVERYONE knew that!

--Dan (Who knows these things because he's been in retail longer than he cares to remember.)
Sorry, I never worked in retail. No offense intended.

Last edited by zebra3; 12-30-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #57
Jack T. Chance

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra3 View Post
Sorry, I never worked in retail. No offense intended.
S'okay, not everyone has... even though I'm one of the supporters of the idea that everyone SHOULD.

Yeah, I've been in the industry a long time, long enough to know that big box retailers are NOT the places you want to work! These days, I sell mattresses, and greatly enjoy the MUCH slower pace compared to conventional retail jobs!

At one time, in the mid '90s, I decided I'd had enough of retail, and left the industry to work for a market research firm for a couple years. And after that experience, I decided that conventional office politics are even WORSE, and returned to retail! A couple years after that, I discovered that HIGH END retail, specifically the home furnishings industry (furniture and mattress stores) is the place to be... at least for me!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #58
GLJIMT

My LCS also has a Effigy a Guardians Two-pack from DCD GL Wave 1 and Blackhand from the same wave and a Red Son GL
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:34 AM   #59
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

also a star saphire

btw does anyoone else see those shitty DCSH Scarecrows in thier TRUs and targets and almost want to buy them in order to clear the shelves
Old 12-30-2007, 02:38 AM   #60
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Quote:
also a star saphire

btw does anyoone else see those shitty DCSH Scarecrows in thier TRUs and targets and almost want to buy them in order to clear the shelves
Yes, I saw them, but no, I didn't want to buy one. But one of the K-Marts I went to yesterday still had that AWESOME DCSH figure of Lex Luthor in his bright green armor from the 1980s! I should have bought it then and there, but I was focused, with laser-like intensity, solely on finding the new GL figure, if there was one anywhere to be found.

If it's still there when I go back tomorrow to pick-up something else I saw that I wanted (the JLU GL Corps 3-pack with Kyle "Raynor", which I still haven't picked up) then I may pick it up, just because it's a really cool figure! I always thought the original Super Powers figure was cool, but this new, larger version sculpted by the 4 Horsemen is about 20 times cooler!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 AM   #61
GLJIMT

Oh there where 3 2up Henshaws at my TRU today

also JLU 3pack with Green Arrow - ????(drawing a blank) and Ultra-Humanite

Also if you are still wondering what the Batman GL figure looks like I posted a pic on the main page

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/web/

Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-30-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:32 AM   #62
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

my Thread made the front page Flippin awesome
Old 12-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #63
GLJIMT

My wife went hunting with me today - boy was she sorry

anyway

Walmart - they had the correct wave but no GL and No Hawkman
Drugmart - nothing
Kmart - they still have yellow carded JLU stuff for godsake - nothing
Drive to the next town -
Target - They have the DCU Wave 1 out - had all the figures and the Variant Red Tornado ! - but we have a typical Mattel issue - paint job was fucked up on Reddy and on Orion - I picked up the Demon
TRU - nothing at all

Walmart - I see the Old shadow tek stuff in the bigger packaging none of the correct wave - then I remember Lord Mal said they where in the Star Wars toys by him - went down to the Star Wars toys - there they are the correct Wave - 3 pegs - pulled the first Batman off and

WAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREEN LANTERN MOTHER F-ER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I got my GL I'm still on the hunt for you guys though Good Hunt today

Old 12-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #64
zebra3

Congrats GLJIMT!! Still a no go here. Did you happen to see the GL tees in Walmart? Not too bad, they are the "stonewashed/distressed" kind. Nothing in my size in the vicinity, I have my mother checking in Portsmouth, NH.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #65
GLJIMT

I didn't see a GL shirt there but I didnt know I should be looking so...

Old 12-31-2007, 01:18 AM   #66
Greenlant78
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Been hunting here in Western MA. and still have found only the one. But I'm not giving up hope I'll find more for my fellow Corps. members.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:59 AM   #67
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

I found a picked up three batman vs superman 1 to open, 1 to keep in box 1 for trade.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:03 AM   #68
GLJIMT

I saw today the new wave of DC Superfriends stuff -

Batplane
Hawkman & Cyborg
Aquaman sub thingy
a few SuperBats of course

and a "my first radio controled batmobile"

Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-31-2007 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:18 AM   #69
zebra3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
I didn't see a GL shirt there but I didnt know I should be looking so...
I was just bringing it up in case you or others would be interested.

I was in a Walmart looking for the figure, walked by the clothing area and the GL symbol was on a display and caught my eye.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #70
Grundy
Green Lantern

Here's a E-bay auction for the Shadowtek GL and Hawkman that I found for only .99 . I already have mine (got one for christmas) but thought I'd let you guys know.
http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-BATMAN-SHADO...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #71
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

it will be bid up to more then I am willing to pay by the end
Old 01-01-2008, 03:23 AM   #72
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

just bought one on ebay loose it cost me more than i wanted but I can't keep up the wasting gas to hunt
Old 01-01-2008, 03:33 AM   #73
GLJIMT

Quote:
just bought one on ebay loose it cost me more than i wanted but I can't keep up the wasting gas to hunt
wow - sorry about that bro - I was hoping I was going to find another - heres the key BTW - I have myself, my wife, my mom and 3 of my friends (we all live in differant counties - well not my wife but...) looking for these - So I should find some more eventually

Old 01-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #74
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
My wife went hunting with me today - boy was she sorry

anyway

Walmart - they had the correct wave but no GL and No Hawkman
Drugmart - nothing
Kmart - they still have yellow carded JLU stuff for godsake - nothing
Drive to the next town -
Target - They have the DCU Wave 1 out - had all the figures and the Variant Red Tornado ! - but we have a typical Mattel issue - paint job was fucked up on Reddy and on Orion - I picked up the Demon
TRU - nothing at all

Walmart - I see the Old shadow tek stuff in the bigger packaging none of the correct wave - then I remember Lord Mal said they where in the Star Wars toys by him - went down to the Star Wars toys - there they are the correct Wave - 3 pegs - pulled the first Batman off and

WAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREEN LANTERN MOTHER F-ER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I got my GL I'm still on the hunt for you guys though Good Hunt today
congrats on your find, I checked the entire Seminole county area, and have scouts in Gainesville but, I got tired of trying I do know I will now be able to find one because I bought one on eBay
Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 AM   #75
GLJIMT

thanks Superlantern -

I just found Black Suit Superman??? - I couldn't believe it it was jsut laying there on top of a The batman motorcyle thing - That Kmart still has the Lex and a white shirt Supergirl lots of Yellow carded JLU stuff

So now I have SMP in his Post Sin War form