The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 12-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #26
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

there was a fossil Gl watch I saw a year or so back just the classic logo. I wish i could have afforded it
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #27
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
I meant the first one but now I mean both DAMN you and your unending knowledge of offical GL merch
Actually... I saw the Kyle Rayner "Big Tic" watch at a Warner Brothers Studio Store when it was first available, probably 7-8 years ago. That watch isn't all that. In fact, it's very disappointing. It's just a Fossil "Big Tic" watch (which I've never personally liked the look of) with an absolutely tiny picture of Kyle added on at the very bottom of the face. Rather cheesy looking, actually. I've seen better watches from the Hong Kong bootleggers!

But that official DC Comics one from the mid-'90s, THAT'S the watch to have if you're a Kyle fan! It's a great looking watch! I need to take some good pictures of mine, 'cuz most of the sellers on eBay never give you a good, detailed look at it. That watch is one of the best-looking GL products I've ever seen!

I just wish I'd known you wanted one BEFORE the recent auctions ended!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
there was a fossil GL watch I saw a year or so back just the classic logo. I wish i could have afforded it
You mean THIS ONE?

If so, it's absolutely fantastic! I bought one earlier this year!

But don't give up hope! They're on eBay ALL THE TIME! I got mine for well below Fossil's MSRP by using eBay to my full advantage, to find the best price!

And even if you can't find one on eBay, you can find them from other online stores. Back when I bought mine, the Warner Bros. online store still had them, albeit at the much higher MSRP.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

And if I spot those watches, I'll be sure and let you know.

In return, I ask EVERYONE to keep an eye or 2 out for a Shadowtek Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) figure from Mattel's The Batman line for me. I flat-out REFUSE to pay some scummy Left Coast scalper $30 (or more) for that figure! So, if you manage to find one AT RETAIL, pick it up and shoot me a PM. I'll gladly pay you your actual retail cost plus S&H costs if you can send one my way.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-24-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #28
GLJIMT

Since me and Superlantern are already keeping our eyes pealled for two of these (one for each of us) why not make it three right Superlantern?

as long as you do the same Jack
II THESSALONIANS 3:10

GLJIMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #29
Jack T. Chance

Thumbs up

Quote:
Since me and Superlantern are already keeping our eyes pealled for two of these (one for each of us) why not make it three right Superlantern?

as long as you do the same Jack
No problem! I'll begin looking in earnest on Wednesday (Dec. 26th), since I have the day off from work.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #30
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

I'll be on the look out for everyone someone on thefwoosh siad he saw them in a NY walmart. I'm going to go look when I get off of work... I love early release looks like GL is 1 per case
Old 12-25-2007, 05:04 AM   #31
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

Reports are starting to come in on the Shadowtek Green Lantern (and Hawkman) showing up at Walmarts. I don't know about yours, but my local Wal-marts look like they were hit by tornados! Nothing left! I think Target may be a better place to find them once the holiday is over, give it a few days. I will alert anyone when I see them here in Atlanta. I can't wait to get him!

Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #32
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

i'm going to check both target and walmart today
Old 12-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #33
Lord Malvolio
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Malvolio

Whoo Hoo! Score! I found Hal (and Hawkman) at Wal-mart today!!! It was in the Star Wars section. A lone peg of ShadowTek Batman figs, and Hal was on the front! I couldn't believe it! Especially since I had very low expectations as my Wal-Mart looks like a twister went thru it. I must check the other Targets and Wal-marts now....

Go out and start looking guys, they are here!

Lord Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #34
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
Whoo Hoo! Score! I found Hal (and Hawkman) at Wal-mart today!!! It was in the Star Wars section. A lone peg of ShadowTek Batman figs, and Hal was on the front! I couldn't believe it! Especially since I had very low expectations as my Wal-Mart looks like a twister went thru it. I must check the other Targets and Wal-marts now....

well if you see anymore - three of us are looking - hook us up!

BTW DCD Justice John Stewart is due out in January

Last edited by GLJIMT; 12-27-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:07 AM   #35
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malvolio View Post

This is good news since atlanta Ga has them this means they will be coming to florida too

Last edited by Superlantern; 12-27-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:21 AM   #36
Greenlant78
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Just got back from a trip to Wal*Mart. Found one Shadowtek GL. If Northampton MA has em, the other Wal Marts around here should. If I see anymore I'll pick em up for board members.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:59 AM   #37
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlant78 View Post
Just got back from a trip to Wal*Mart. Found one Shadowtek GL. If Northampton MA has em, the other Wal Marts around here should. If I see anymore I'll pick em up for board members.
Damn, I went to two Walmarts and a Target and have nothing to show for it - My Walmart was completely empty in the Action Figure aisle except for Power Rangers.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:50 AM   #38
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Hmm. If they are showing up in MA, maybe they're in NH as well. I'll have to run up to the 24 hr Walmart in Salem this weekend. Possibly Saturday night at midnight. Best time to shop, no ones there.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:53 AM   #39
zebra3

Hey Jack, let me know if they have extra, I'm going to check Walmart in Tewksbury and North Reading tomorrow after work.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #40
Jack T. Chance

Cool No luck in MD... yet.

Well guys, last night involved a lot of fruitless searching. Yesterday, I hit 1 Toys "Я" Us, 2 different Target stores and 5 different Wal*Mart locations in my area. And while I found evidence that the wave has hit retail in my area (a few of the Wal*Mart locations had the Batman and/or the Joker from this wave, and one even had that godawful reissued Mr. Freeze from the show,) there were NO Hal Jordans or Hawkmen to be had. This was the absolute WORST possible week for Mattel and Wal*Mart to release these figures at retail!

Between the hordes of last-minute Christmas shoppers Christmas Eve, the deal-seekers on the 26th for the After Christmas Sale, people looking to use Wal*Mart Gift Cards they'd received for the holidays, all the other collectors in the area, AND the scalpers, I didn't stand a snowball's chance in Tahiti of finding the figure at retail yesterday!

But that's okay. I've just received a hot tip on where to check, and it's a chain I was going to check anyway, because they sometimes carry the good action figures, and not a lot of people know to check there: The Walgreens drug store chain.

Sadly, I didn't know last night that they'd already started receiving these figures. I drove right by 2 Walgreens last night, and I would've stopped in if I'd known they were already receiving these figures.

But that's okay, I'll swing by one or even both this afternoon after I get off of work.

I'm also going to check a particular "ghetto" Toys "Я" Us store that collectors in the area usually ignore. This summer, when the Transformers movie was selling tons of toys, and store pegs were BARE where the movie 'formers were supposed to be, this particular TRU had dozens of pegs FULL of figures, because people must've forgotten it's there. So if I'm very, very lucky, maybe I'll find Hal there. *crosses fingers*

--Dan (Who can't STAND what the producers of The Batman did to Mr. Freeze! He doesn't even have a MOUTH, fer cryin' out loud!)

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 12-28-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #41
Jack T. Chance

Smile Fossil Green Lantern Watch

Quote:
there was a fossil Gl watch I saw a year or so back just the classic logo. I wish i could have afforded it
Just found where you can get one of these, PM sent.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #42
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

thanks for the info on that I will see if the GF will allow it

Last edited by Superlantern; 12-28-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #43
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

no Gl at 3 of 4 of my normal walmarts i went to one walgreens already today one last night got nothing hit a target and still no luck I'm about to go back out and hit one more walmart.

I came close one out of the three had the new line on the shelves, I'm on my way to lcs for GL 26 and will hit walgreens on the way

Last edited by Superlantern; 12-28-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #44
GLJIMT

Damn I completely forgot about Walgreens - Also I have seen The Batman figures at Drug Marts here in Ohio I need to check there

My wife is checking the Walmart by her parents right now I told her to pick up all of them if they have any she said "What if theres 10" I said buy all ten of them

Old 12-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #45
zebra3

Just got back from 1 Walmart and absolutely nothing. Now I know what some of you guys were talking about the post Christmas disaster. I didn't know about Walgreens, I have two in the area, I'll check tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #46
GLJIMT

I hit the Walgreens - nothing - figured I'm out let me check out Rite Aid - nothing figured lets throw hope to the wind and hit Big Lots - (holy shit they where hit by the Xmas hurricane harder then Walmart) - Nothing there either

....... Errrrr

Old 12-29-2007, 01:39 AM   #47
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

no gl at 6 orlando/sanford walmarts 3 targets and probably 9 walgreens only found and picked up a hawkman at one walgreens.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:48 AM   #48
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Quote:
Damn I completely forgot about Walgreens - Also I have seen The Batman figures at Drug Marts here in Ohio I need to check there

My wife is checking the Walmart by her parents right now I told her to pick up all of them if they have any she said "What if theres 10" I said buy all ten of them
Well, shoot... if she's actually THAT lucky... I'll take 2!

Too bad Mattel won't just make a case with nothing but Hal Jordan figures in it! Then Lord Mal could just order some for his Mall of Oa, and we could all buy them from him!

But see, that would make sense! And as far as Mattel is concerned, if it makes sense, then it's not allowed! Hence the fact that we only get one GL per case (and one Hawkman, for that matter!) But we get 3 lousy Batman figures decked out in outfits that Bruce Wayne wouldn't touch with SOMEBODY ELSE'S bank account!

But it's not like I expect anything different. This is, after all, the same company that resurrected their biggest toy property of the 1980s (that would be Masters of the Universe, for those that don't already know!) making it better than ever, only to cancel it 2 years later due to poor sales WHICH WERE BROUGHT ABOUT BY THEIR OWN OUTDATED AND IDIOTIC BUSINESS PRACTICES! If you don't get the figures that kids and collectors WANT into the stores, they can't buy them Mattel! DUH!!!
Quote:
I hit the Walgreens - nothing - figured I'm out let me check out Rite Aid - nothing figured lets throw hope to the wind and hit Big Lots - (holy shit they where hit by the Xmas hurricane harder then Walmart) - Nothing there either

....... Errrrr
Quote:
no gl at 6 orlando/sanford walmarts 3 targets and probably 9 walgreens only found and picked up a hawkman at one walgreens.
Sounds like nothing but empty pegs all around. Today, after work, I worked my way up to the vicinity of Glen Burnie, MD. During my "treasure hunt", I hit...
  • 2 Toys "Я" Us stores.
  • 2 K-Marts and a "Sears Grand" (which is just a rebranded, slightly nicer K-Mart! )
  • All 3 Walgreens in the Glen Burnie area (which are the only ones reasonably close to me.)
All the stores mentioned had nada, zip, zilch, zero.

1 of the Walgreens didn't have ANY figures from The Batman, and the other 2 both only had 1 figure, the exact same figure at both stores: The Batman's lame, anorexic, emo goth version of the Riddler!

But then again, the ONLY character designs I like on that show are the members of the Justice League, and The Batman himself (when in his traditional grey & black/blue outfit.) Everyone else looks like a steaming pile of felgercarb!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #49
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

today will be a good day to check trus they usually get trucks in on friday night
Old 12-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #50
GLJIMT

Quote:
today will be a good day to check trus they usually get trucks in on friday night
Must go to TRU --- Must find GL ---- Before I lose my mind!!

oh and my wife found only a row of empty pegs in the toy section yesterday