The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Movies & TV
FLASHCHAT

Movies and TV

Old 12-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #51
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Yeah, it does. And I want them to milk this opportunity for all that it's worth, and not abandon all non-starring characters after five minutes.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I would only expect big things from Routh's Superman.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #53
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

The year-long wait ends tonight!

Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 12-08-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:20 AM   #54
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

What a start that was!

Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 12-09-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #55
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
What a start that was!
ya tell me about it, did not see "that" happening til the 3rd episode

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #56
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You'd think they'd want to give him the helmet and keep the helmet on him to save on the makeup (he'd just need it around the mouth). It's not like that actor is Robert Downey Jr. or anything to where we "need" to see the actor.
Id argue that we don't even need *that*, given how well Pedro Pascal as "Mando" & Karl Urban as "Dredd" did doing just that; theres something to be said for a character whose face yur not forced to be re-acquainted with every 10secs (and it makes the actor underneath work more to actually CARRY the role.....)

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #57
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
What a start that was!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
ya tell me about it, did not see "that" happening til the 3rd episode
Yeah, it was a surprise to be sure, but something tells me it's not going to stick. If this season has taught us anything, it's that dead doesn't stay dead.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #58
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

The Earths blipping out at the beginning were a nice touch. I did not expect to ever see Alexander Knox again in my life, and I appreciated it immensely. And what a great way to get a Titans reference out of the way. I wonder if they were able to get, say, Teri Hatcher, or Gerard Christopher, or even David Mazouz for more of these blink-and-you-miss-it moments. Is an animated bit to let Justice League Unlimited or Brave and the Bold vanish in the Antimatter out of the question? After these vignettes, I wouldn't rule it out.

And I still hope that Welling's and Conroy's parts are going to be meatier than that.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #59
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
Yeah, it was a surprise to be sure, but something tells me it's not going to stick. If this season has taught us anything, it's that dead doesn't stay dead.
yeah word has it the season isn't over with for "that" person til sometime after Crisis

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump

Last edited by IonFan; 12-09-2019 at 08:31 PM. Reason: sorry i f'd up
Old 12-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #60
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

I have the theory that Oliver Queen is going to become the Spectre before everything is over.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
I have the theory that Oliver Queen is going to become the Spectre before everything is over.
I didn't think so at first, but I think you're going to be right. Ergo, still able to have little appearances on various CW shows from time to time. Because no way that's Oliver Queen's death... that was a weak death scene and we didn't even see him getting hurt.

Why is Knox reading an article saying that Batman has captured the Joker when we saw the Joker in that universe die very conclusively 30 years ago? In the same movie with Knox? They should have gone with the "Bruce Wayne marries Selina Kyle" thing.

Pretty eyeball rolling they made it a point to show Superman giving up/losing power with the heatvision way before Supergirl did.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:10 PM   #62
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't think so at first, but I think you're going to be right. Ergo, still able to have little appearances on various CW shows from time to time. Because no way that's Oliver Queen's death... that was a weak death scene and we didn't even see him getting hurt.
wait, how's that gonna work when GA still has the rest of its season to finish; let Mia (wait a minnit, they made HER his offspring? Connor Hawke fans....UNITE!!) take over in the role or something??

I'll say this, it does kinda line up w/the storyline even if it happens pretty dang early....

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Last edited by Tazer; 12-09-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:29 AM   #63
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:

Pretty eyeball rolling they made it a point to show Superman giving up/losing power with the heatvision way before Supergirl did.
Overall, the show was good, even if it lost a little steam from last night's episode. But why did they have to shackle Tom Welling with such a horrendous backstory? I had assumed that modern writers had learned their lessons from deconstruction disasters like Superman 2 (Superman giving up his power is my least favorite moment in any super hero movie or TV show EVER ), but apparently not. I hope there are plenty of other heroes guarding the Smallville Earth because Superman decided that being a family man was more important than saving lives for eons.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:51 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

wait, how's that gonna work when GA still has the rest of its season to finish;

Tazer
Only like 3 more episodes. Could be with the new GA.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:12 AM   #65
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Why is Knox reading an article saying that Batman has captured the Joker when we saw the Joker in that universe die very conclusively 30 years ago? In the same movie with Knox?
Either he was replaced by a new guy, or he came back from the dead. I mean, it looked like Two-Face died in Batman Forever, and yet his suit is in the evidence locker room in Arkham Asylum, one movie later, along with Riddler's, who is clearly an inmate.
Quote:
He was under a red sun for quite a while. His batteries weren't fully loaded again after Harbinger recruited him.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #66
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Man, that Batwoman episode ruined my day. As great as it was to hear the Superman theme and the Lois/Clark love theme again, as idiotic was that part where Lenny Luthor had to kill every Superman because of destiny. And not only did they waste Welling and Conroy, they had to be insulting as well, showing neither of them in costume and turning them into a wuss and an asshole respectively. Boo.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #67
IonFan
Forum Member

well so much for seeing Smallville in tights

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 12-10-2019, 06:17 PM   #68
Tazer

Yo.

becuz of my FB-grumblings, I made it a point to watch BL for the 1st time ever, and while I was NOT surprised that I felt no need to stay with it afterward, I did find it lol-worthy to note that: 1) I couldn't tell which dimensional differential his storyline comes from since its not E1 or E2 (but apparently in ALL THREE EARTHS the Markovians are a thing *and* theres an organization which rounds up metas like the gestapo....IN PUBLIC), and 2) we're introduced to the events not from the title hero's perspective, but his child's. FEH!! :/

either way, it looks like they've found a way to sweep him up into this (fuckin' FINALLY!!), so I guess now I wont have to boycott CW anymore (atleast, not over THAT. )

Quote:
He was under a red sun for quite a while. His batteries weren't fully loaded again after Harbinger recruited him.
so, its the "Birdman" -effect basically, eh?

Quote:
Man, that Batwoman episode ruined my day. As great as it was to hear the Superman theme and the Lois/Clark love theme again, as idiotic was that part where Lenny Luthor had to kill every Superman because of destiny. And not only did they waste Welling and Conroy, they had to be insulting as well, showing neither of them in costume and turning them into a wuss and an asshole respectively. Boo.
I'll say this: when it comes to Welling, I'm not too surprised they went that route....altho I don't see him giving up his powers *just* for family, IMO anyways.

also: "Lenny Luthor" is pretty spot-on....

Tazer

Quote:

Last edited by Tazer; 12-10-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:47 AM   #69
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
The writing has really taken a hit. I was looking forward to this and I enjoyed last year's crossover even if not as much as the one before it. Seems like budgets and writing quality has taken a stark dive.

They're just throwing too much stuff out there too quickly in this for any of it to register or matter. Like the Phantom Wraiths or whatever in the first episode. If we don't even know what they are (are they corporeal? does smacking them really "kill" them? what are they?) then we don't care.

Do you folks think the Monitor was talking about "those" Guardians when he mentioned them briefly in the Batwoman episode?
Old 12-11-2019, 02:01 AM   #70
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

lol... the rumors were true.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #71
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise. And I seem to have called it with the Oliver Queen development.

All in all, the Flash chapter was a lot better than Batwoman. Still, it removed a few of the best players from the board, and wiping out ALL remaining Earths kinda makes it super obvious that this is all going to be reversed.

By the way: Did anyone else find it odd that Chapter one gave us three or four disappearing Earth cameos, chapter two gave us none, and chapter three gave us one (one more if you count Earth-666, which happened off-screen)? That's kinda unbalanced?
Old 12-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #72
IonFan
Forum Member

HLY SH!T that ending (now we've got to wait til next year to see how it all ends )

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 12-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #73
Tazer

Yo.

I thought it was pretty kewl that I
got to see Earth-203 (Birds of Prey) get wiped from existence, cuz I really hated that show.

JWS is ALWAYS a good thing

finding out
wat happened to Flash-90, and the rest that followed

the scene where
Routh-Superman explained why he had black in his emblem; it *def* came off as CW-cheese, but dammit he made me feel like that was Supes saying it!

watching
Iris get wiped, knowing that Cecile got wipedtoo!

the convo that Constantine had with "him"....

B.L. *finally* gets brought into the multiverse (which means I can now go back to ignoring it once this is over)

and finally......
"Lenny's" big moment.

HATED:

realizing that
Flash-90 showing up CLEARLY meant that he would die, rather than his E1 scrub counterpart

the return of Vibe

the cockamamie excuse B-woman gave to Kara as to why she SHOULDNT use the BoD to try & save E38

the
bullshit (and pretty non-existent) reason Kate gave to Kara as for why she took k-rock that Bruce-99 had
realizing that seeing E1 get wiped in BL doesn't line up with how/when it does in Flash

realizing that for all of the Earths that we've seen get wiped, we really
haven't seen Pariah bearing witness to their passing tlike he should be

rying to figure out where
Heat Wave & B5 disappeared to

and lastly: NOW they have (nods to Mike & A-NDB) Jim Corrigan step forward??

overall, I'll admit to mostly enjoying myself largely due to laffing at how the comix is being adapted to tv, and then wondering wat "crisis" gets milquetoasted next x-over.

Tazer

Quote:
Old 01-15-2020, 12:45 PM   #74
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

That glimpse of Earth 96 was all I ever wanted. Earth 2011 or whatever that was called was the cherry on top.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #75
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

It definitely ended well, though it could've been a bit better. I really liked the secret cameos in these last two episodes. The DCEU one was great, but Marv Wolfman pulling a Stan Lee was the best.