No announcement yet.

Changes to the original concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But as long as they don't do something goofy like that with it, a series bible for each title would be an excellent idea.

Comment

Something else that needs to go is the provision that a power ring would automatically protect its wearer against a fatal attack. Because if it could do that, then it should automatically protect its wearer against any sort of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
        Something else that needs to go is the provision that a power ring would automatically protect its wearer against a fatal attack. Because if it could do that, then it should automatically protect its wearer against any sort of attack.
        I never liked that, either, because I thought it was too much of a cop out. The only times I recall it consistently popping up and being a thing were in Steve Englehart's run. But, of course, I could be wrong. I don't think that ability has been used in recent histtoy... well... at all. Has it?
        ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I agree with that. Other than the concept of a minimum of power for life support when the ring goes dry.

Comment

My reboot:

Publish an eight-part mini that shows the four Earth Lanterns (not six of them) getting their rings at the same time.

On the same month that the fifth issue of the mini is published, launch an Earth-based title starring Hal and a space-based title starring Guy, and also start using John in JLA and Kyle in Titans or Teen Titans. Say that "a few years" have passed since the Lanterns got their rings, but not a specific period of time. Strict timelines only cause headaches.

Comment

Your reboot? Did you get hired by DC or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                Your reboot? Did you get hired by DC or something?
                They probably couldn't afford me. That's how I'd reboot it.

Comment

When I was young one of my dream jobs was to work for DC and pencil Green Lantern for a living. Now I couldn't imagine working for such a company. And I make a lot more money than they would ever pay me.

Comment

I'd write the *^%$*^% out of whatever character or concept DC wanted to hand me. Never have I once thought I was *too good* or *too expensive* for them.

Giving all the Lanterns their rings at once reminds me too much of Captain Planet.

~//V\\~

Comment

I see a post by Mr. M there. I suppose he's trolling me, as usual. I loom large in his thoughts, which is a position I've never sought and which surprises me. But anyway, I started a thread at CBR last year questioning whether the DCU should even have a timeline. Most people hadn't even thought about it, but there was already quite a bit of opposition to the whole idea of one. Check it out:

http://community.comicbookresources....ave-a-timeline

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                        When I was young one of my dream jobs was to work for DC and pencil Green Lantern for a living. Now I couldn't imagine working for such a company. And I make a lot more money than they would ever pay me.
                        I doubt I'm as rich as you are. I don't own a new pickup. But I like a low-stress existence.

Comment

When I was young working for a comic book publisher sounded good. On my own with nobody to support, I could live by myself or get a roommate, crash on a couch, and just draw comics to get by. But then I got married and had kids and had to think about someone other than myself. I needed to support a family, provide insurance, a good home, all of that. And that wasn't happening as a freelance artist with no health insurance.

That's how frivolous dreams die. You have to grow up and join the real world. Now DC is such a wretched company that all of their talented writers and artists have all fled for greener pastures because they hated working for them. Even if money wasn't a concern I would never work for them because I know I would be miserable there being part of the product they churn out now.

Comment

I don't agree that DC is a wretched company, Certainly it's as good as Marvel to work for, and probably better. But for a writer, Image seems to be the place to go. You'd make just as much money there as DC or Marvel would pay you, and you'd be left alone as long as you could sell your comic.

Comment

Both DC and Marvel are wretched, and bankrupt of ideas. They create soulless, corporately driven comics with little remaining entertainment value. Their best days creatively are well behind them.

And yeah, Image is the place to be if you want to be free to tell good stories and make great comics.

Comment

I see a post by Mr. M there. I suppose he's trolling me, as usual. I loom large in his thoughts, which is a position I've never sought and which surprises me. But anyway, I started a thread at CBR last year questioning whether the DCU should even have a timeline. Most people hadn't even thought about it, but there was already quite a bit of opposition to the whole idea of one. Check it out:

http://community.comicbookresources....ave-a-timeline
                                Conceded much? LMAO

I forgot, anybody who's not a fan of your ideas is a troll.

When you make two dozen threads in a month's time, it's hard not to cross your path or have one conversation bleed into another thread. If anybody's a troll, it's you sir.

~//V\\~

Comment

Working...
                                X