No announcement yet.

Lettercol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeesh I just pulled it out of the longbox and read it. I thought a Lobo/Kyle issue would be 'cool'. The things we think rock when we're 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Martley of 2814 View Post
      Crazy that 's over 40 years in the past. Yeah, I wondered what happened to these fans....
      Well, I know what happened to at least one fan who wrote letters *cough* 25 some years ago....

He's responding to your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin T Brown View Post
        Well, I know what happened to at least one fan who wrote letters *cough* 25 some years ago....

What comics are your letters in, Mr. Brown?

Comment

Originally posted by Nived View Post
          Yeesh I just pulled it out of the longbox and read it. I thought a Lobo/Kyle issue would be 'cool'. The things we think rock when we're 14.
          Hey, Guy/Lobo was good IMHO.
          My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Great read, I like the idea that when i'm 40 i'll still be a GL fan and pass it down to my kids like my pops did to me.
            "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Yo.

I thought the fan "Dorun Aronoff" was funny in her focus of the relationships w/in the title; she sounded like a typical girl to me

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin T Brown View Post

You're not that Uncle Elvis guy, are you?

Comment

Reading the letter collumns was always one of my favorite parts of reading comics! When I was a kid in the days before the internet, that was all we had to go on! I was too young and didn't have enough money to go to conventions, so I always read the LCs. It's funny hearing you guys recall specific letters; I remember a lot of old letters other people wrote, and thought I must be the only one!

I had seven letters printed in DC books over the years, but never one in GL. I wish they'd at least bring ONE page back, it'd certainly be better than the page they waste every week with Didio's ramblings. Or theramblings of his coworkers. If they're going to do that, why not a one page LC again?

Comment

Who here has had letters printed in GL?

I have had maybe three or four letters printed in GL and Spectre. I'll try to scan them someday and post them. Anyone else?

edit: D'oh there is already a letters thread. Please merge!
                    Lord Malvolio
                    Corps Honor Guard
                    Last edited by Lord Malvolio; 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM.
                    Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                      I wish they'd at least bring ONE page back, it'd certainly be better than the page they waste every week with Didio's ramblings. Or theramblings of his coworkers. If they're going to do that, why not a one page LC again?
                      That's what I've been saying. One page isn't going to kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                        it'd certainly be better than the page they waste every week with Didio's ramblings. Or theramblings of his coworkers. If they're going to do that, why not a one page LC again?
                        No disrepect to Didio and them but unless they're givin away spoilers, I don't really care. I'd rather read fan mail, or mayb a spoiler list of new charater, or something

Comment

Originally posted by PowerRingE3 View Post
                          No disrepect to Didio and them but unless they're givin away spoilers, I don't really care. I'd rather read fan mail, or mayb a spoiler list of new charater, or something
                          Yeah, Didio's page is usually useless. It's especially a waste of space when some random anonymous staffer writes one...probably because Didio is too busy or something. Then we get to read about who makes the best Latte at their favorite coffee bar.

Comment

And it really isn't that hard to fill those letter columns. Towards the last days of the letter column, the editor (or asst editor) simply lifted comments right out of the DC GL forums, word for word! Even crediting the scene name as the autor, so look for a couple from "Lord Mal" in GL vol 3 and Spectre!

Does Marvel books do them still?
                            Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

I think some Marvel, yeah? Though I think I remember reading that DC was following Marvel's lead in taking out lettercols.

Comment

My big regret was that I never got a letter into the Green Lantern LCs before DC did away with them. Of all the books I read or got a letter into, you'd have thought GL would be one of them, right? Nope.

I think it's mostly because during Kyle's run in the 90s I didn't have anything good to say about what was going on. And as a kid in the 80s, i was problably too young to write letters that were good enough to use. Now that I'm happy and have PLENTY of good things to say about the GL books it's too late!

I guess there was just something inherrently cool about seeing your name and words "immortalized" in a piece of tangible comics' history. That's something the internet and no message boards can replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X