The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 10-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #14376
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Well, to be fair, you probably watch 10 times as many movies a year as he does.
That's probably true, but just so I don't sound like a complete cinema junkie, I probably also read ten times as many books as Ion in a year.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #14377
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
ha. I was 14. I'm 21 now.
Awesome! You spent you're formative years on this board. Now it's time to get a hard drive and laid.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:32 AM   #14378
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
What!? You were the movie's biggest defender here and had it as your sig for like two years. Heck, I thought I was less of a fan of the movie and I watch it twice or more a year.

but sadly it's time i face reality the GL movie was and never will be a great movie BUT i'll go to my grieve still saying it wasn't as bad as it could of been (looking at you Last Airbender )

besides when it came out i looked at it like 10 time so maybe i'm just burned out on it

Quote:
Well, to be fair, you probably watch 10 times as many movies a year as he does.
HA! i'll have you know this year along i went to the movies almost every weekend (sadly after 8/1 there/their/they'res nothing good out til sometime in Nov. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
That's probably true, but just so I don't sound like a complete cinema junkie, I probably also read ten times as many books as Ion in a year.
oh ha-ha (i'm just not into books without pics in'em BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T READ'EM............. it just takes me awhile )

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:18 AM   #14379
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
but sadly it's time i face reality the GL movie was and never will be a great movie BUT i'll go to my grieve still saying it wasn't as bad as it could of been (looking at you Last Airbender )...
Okay. I'm glad I didn't remember that wrongly at least. That happens. I look at my VHS collection, thinking about what to upgrade to blu-ray and sometimes I have to stop and think "did I ever like that movie?"

Alas, there's still a part of me that thrills at the notion GL even got a live-action movie. When I was a diehard fan of Hal in 1990 I was lucky to find anyone who knew what Green Lantern was yet alone anyone talking about a movie.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:32 AM   #14380
IonFan
Forum Member

well it is one of the reasons i'm ready for 2016

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 10-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #14381
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
HA! i'll have you know this year along i went to the movies almost every weekend
I don't doubt it, and it wasn't meant as a criticism. It's just that Space Cop watches multiple movies every single day (or so it seems, anyway). I don't doubt that he watches more movies than ANYBODY else on here by a substantial margin.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, SC. I'm not trying to criticize YOU either.)
Old 10-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #14382
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
I don't doubt it, and it wasn't meant as a criticism. It's just that Space Cop watches multiple movies every single day (or so it seems, anyway). I don't doubt that he watches more movies than ANYBODY else on here by a substantial margin.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, SC. I'm not trying to criticize YOU either.)
I didn't take it as such, but if you were, I wouldn't mind. I realize I should spend at least some of that time on my Bible studies or things more edifying than watching the sixth Jason movie for the 26th time.

I average 10-15 movies a week. Or I did. Lately, I seem to be interspersing them more with old TV shows (was Star Trek, this month I'm trying Buffy and Dark Shadows at night).

Part of the reason is I basically don't watch TV, so the time that a lot of people are watching their prime time shows (7 or 8 til bedtime), I'm almost always watching a movie or two if I don't have plans. Since pretty much all my social activity is church related, that isn't too much.

The other part is that I stream movies while doing stuff (like eating lunch, exercising, getting dressed, etc). Fright Night is playing to my left right this second as I type (which probably explains many of my typos here ).

It also sometimes appears that I watched more movies in a day than I actually did because I maybe have 10 minutes left of one streaming movie, watch another, and finish half a movie I had in my DVD player. That would look like three movies when it was actually only 1 and a half during that day.

Last edited by Space Cop; 10-18-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #14383
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

When I was young, I use to watch a movie nearly every weekend. And during the summer, I would watch as many movies as I could on cable and VHS. Nowadays, I really have to set aside some time to watch a movie.

Anyway, I've watched the Green Lantern in full about 3 times when the Blu Ray came out. I don't consider it a horrible film, but it failed to launch the franchise and thus DC/WB are planning on rebooting it. Looking how they had cast a young actor to be The Flash, I'm thinking they may cast another young actor to play Green Lantern to pair him next to, which would be Kyle Rayner.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:49 AM   #14384
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
When I was young, I use to watch a movie nearly every weekend. And during the summer, I would watch as many movies as I could on cable and VHS. Nowadays, I really have to set aside some time to watch a movie...
Well, it's funny, but I'd have to say it's about the opposite for me. Of course, I have no girlfriend, wife, or kids, so that helps. But I specifically remember talking to my boss about how he would watch half a movie and finish it later. I told him I need to watch it all at once, but if I did that now I'd only watch 1/3 or less of what I do (as you can see below).
Old 10-25-2014, 04:45 AM   #14385
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

I normally like IGN's articles but I disagree with pretty much everything said here.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...ern-movie-work

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:01 AM   #14386
Mister Ed

Yeah, what the actual heck? The problem with the Green Lantern movie was TOO MUCH time spent in space? I don't even have words for how incomprehensible I find that notion.

I can't argue with his thoughts on the suit, though. I really didn't like that look, and would have preferred something more along the lines of what he mentions.

I wouldn't mind John Stewart in the role, but I don't see it as the necessity that he seems to think it is. If the movie is a reboot, having the same character as GL isn't going to poison it any more than sticking with Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent poisoned new Batman or Superman movies after notable failures. For most heroes that wouldn't even be an option. Given the nature of Green Lantern it technically is an option there, but I don't see how it is really necessary. If people are too hung up on the feeling that the last GL movie was bad, changing the main character isn't likely to change that, IMHO. And if they ARE willing to give a new GL film a go, it'll just be one more thing that needs explaining to the audience if they go and change the central character from the one introduced before (and the one, as he notes, most hyped in all the merchandising these days).
Old 01-24-2015, 02:23 AM   #14387
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 01-28-2015, 02:55 AM   #14388
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

What rumors? The only rumors are the one's that he's starting. Still we don't know which Green Lantern they'll use in the Justice League films and the GL movie so I don't see why he's campaigning for a role that might even exist.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #14389
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

What ever. I liked the First one. Was it the bestet movie ever? no. Was it the steaming pile of shit it's detractors make it out to be? Cerrtainly not. I would have seen a sequal to it.

John Stewart. John's cool in his own right but I care about Green Lantern as a whole. Hal is to GL what Wolverine is to X-men. They are the face of that product. I would have seen a John Move staring Balck Dynamite/Spawn Michael Jia White. but only because I like him as an actor.

If DC got the right people behind it I might go see a new GL movie of the classic characters,but I just don't think WB/DC has it in them to win me back. Wich is sad because 75 percent of the shirts I own are GL shirts,I haven't stopped wearing a power ring in like 15 years,so when you can't get me excited about Green Lantern on the big screen you got a big problem.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #14390
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

oh god when will they stop ripping on the Green Lantern film

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 02-03-2015, 10:57 PM   #14391
Space Cop
The Dandy

I agree with his cool scenes list, but he's a little too harsh on all of these. The Sinestro bit is not the only cool 30 seconds in the flick.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #14392
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Ryan Reynolds talks about GL and Deadpool :

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds looks back at Green Lantern, whilst admitted that it was leaked footage that got Deadpool greenlit.

Ryan Reynolds has been continuing his work on the promotional trail for his new movie, The Voices. And as a result of that, he's been chatting quite a lot about his upcoming Deadpool feature, and now he's been looking back at his time as Green Lantern.

Chatting to Yahoo, he recalled that "when we shot Green Lantern, nobody auditioning for the role of Green Lantern was given the opportunity to read the script, because the script didn't exist".

"I'm not complaining about it", he added, "it was an opportunity of a lifetime, and if I were to go back and retrace my steps, I would probably do everything the exact same way".

So how does he know he's not repeating the mistake with Deadpool? "Script", he said. "That's what's different on this one".

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/gree...#ixzz3QmnmJqt4
What ?? There was no script?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #14393
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Probably explains why the Green Lantern movie wasn't very good. They probably rush the script and movie to ride the coat tails of the Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #14394
Spectremjm
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Spectremjm

There was a script. Maybe it was during the heavy re-write stage that they were doing the auditions and casting. Or maybe, they felt the need to make sure someone REALLY wanted to play the character so much, they would be say yes regardless. But still odd nonetheless.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
to change the world. This time, Lord...
Let me be worthy."
Spectremjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:03 PM   #14395
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Probably explains why the Green Lantern movie wasn't very good. They probably rush the script and movie to ride the coat tails of the Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night.
I doubt that. As far as the movie going audience is concerned, SCW and BN have no coattails to ride.

They may have rushed it for some reason or other, but it almost certainly had nothing to do with what was going on in the comics.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #14396
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

You could be right. The movie could have been rushed to the theaters to jump start the DC cinematic universe. However, I do remember the sentiment during the Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night that there should be a live action Green Lantern flick. I think those story arcs were the peak of the Green Lantern popularity in comic books.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:27 AM   #14397
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I'm pretty sure there was a script. I think the issue(s) were the editing and RE-editing of the script. Various effects and characters were probably added to enchance appeal and heighten the wow factor, but that did just the opposite and made the storytelling seem lost in thought. If anything, I would like to see the original script. It probably wouldn't have included Hector Hammond, who seemed to be out of place anyway.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #14398
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

You wouldn't believe, this guy is playing Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) in DC Cinematic Universe!

This guy gives me more of a Steve Trevor vibe but I could see him as Hal Jordan. Now he could really end up being nobody but he seems to talented to be used as just a small nonspeaking role. I looked him up and he was on Broadway, like Ray Fischer, so maybe Zack Snyder has a thing for Broadway actors.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #14399
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Drone pilot huh? This article may be onto something!
Old 02-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #14400
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Beats Reynald's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie