The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 02-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Default Re-action figures.

Check this out. They are going to make Figures in the Style of the classic Kenner Star Wars line. I think this is pretty freakin cool. I hope they do well. It would be so stoked if they did Classic Battllerstar Galactica figures and they made BOOMER! Probably not going to happen but a fella can dream. How cool would it be if they Made DC figs? What characters of franchise would you guys like to see?

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/f...led_156520.asp
Old 02-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I'm all Star wars'ed out. There's just so much product out there, and while the black series looks cool, it costs too damn much at 20 per figure. I'm still sad that DCUC just went away.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
Space Cop
The Dandy

I know some of the hardcore SW fans/collectors will call this blasphemy, but: I had a handful of Star Wars figs when I was little and I started to collect them again when the line restarted in the 90s, but truthfully I've always liked more detailed figures (like where you could easily spot them by their face even if they weren't in costume). So, the SW style is not one I would choose for other figs.

Last edited by Space Cop; 02-09-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #4
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I am torn. see I like that the POTF line had more detail,because Kenners sculpts almost looked like smiley faces in Star Wars costumes. But I also like to simple Play ability the old style. I really don't need 20 points of articulation in a figure,more so when it causes the price to be hiked up. I like that Toy Company is doing figures that settle at the 5-6 dollar line. I think it is cool and kind reprises the toys we had as kids for the next generation. Sometimes simple toys are the best.

That is why they still make Yo-Yo's ,water guns,Hula hoops,Frisbees,and Paddleballs.

I have always wanted a Boomer figure,one that would fit in with my star wars toys. This may lead to that and I am a little excited.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:28 AM   #5
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Shitty figures, but I'd buy some if they do the ones I want. I see a Snake Plissken, but can they make me an RJ MacReady?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
I'm all Star wars'ed out. There's just so much product out there, and while the black series looks cool, it costs too damn much at 20 per figure. I'm still sad that DCUC just went away.
Agreed on the SW figs. Had those been around 10 years ago, I might have a huge collection now, but between DC Direct/Classics and Marvel Legends/Select, I've got enough on my hands. I don't have the space, money, or desire to start another collecting another expensive fig line at my age.

Did DC unlimited end? I thought we were just waiting on wave 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
Shitty figures, but I'd buy some if they do the ones I want. I see a Snake Plissken, but can they make me an RJ MacReady?
Yeah, they are complete crap from a design perspective, but they have the aura of nostalgia going for them. They don't excite me, but I've seen the buzz around them already.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Like Sylent and Big Blue Lantern, I'm pretty much done for now with Star Wars collecting. Although, I was tempted to start collecting the 6" line.

I haven't fully closed the door on Star Wars with a new movie in 2015, but I'm definitely going to pass on the "re-action" figures.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

I'm not a toy person but they do look cool! If I were still a kid or collecting these though then I'd love them, I remember as a kid looking at archive picture on the internet at old figures thinking they looked cool.

DC would be a good franchise to invest along with Marvel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #9
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I can't help my self I am nastalgic. I am trying to limit what I collect,but I want the the cooler things I had when I was a kid,and a few I missed out on.

I also would love if there were DC versions of this simplistic figures line,unfortunatley knowing DC they would only go through Mattel. And knowing Mattel they would only sell it on Matty collector for a ridiclious price.