The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 5
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 5
View Poll Results: Rate GL #1
* 2 3.70%
** 3 5.56%
*** 11 20.37%
**** 22 40.74%
***** 16 29.63%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #251
TheHorseman
Green Lantern Initiate
 
TheHorseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 491
Default

Wait Wait...if it's "business as usual" in the GLC...then the "new DC" is limited only to Earth?

As Denzel Washington said in Philadelphia..."Can someone please explain this to me like I was a 4-year old?"
__________________
TheHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:56 AM   #252
GLspotlight
Alpha-Lantern
 
GLspotlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 2,239
Send a message via AIM to GLspotlight
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion2814 View Post
Here's a random thought: We never saw Hal become a White Lantern again right? Like that Brightest Day promo image showed? And the White Lantern is MIA? Maybe it gives Hal a ring? Otherwise I can't see how Hal's going to get a green ring back unless Sinestro discovers why/how Hal was able to kill Krona and justify it to the Guardians.
That would make sense.
__________________
GLspotlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:37 AM   #253
Ion2814
Corpse Trainee
 
Ion2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorseman View Post
Wait Wait...if it's "business as usual" in the GLC...then the "new DC" is limited only to Earth?

As Denzel Washington said in Philadelphia..."Can someone please explain this to me like I was a 4-year old?"
Batman and GL didn't get a total rewipe ala the other characters. Pretty much other than the series starting over in numbering, it's business as usual. So Hal still was found by the ring, still went nuts and destroyed the corps, Ganthet still gave the last ring to Kyle, yadda yadda yadda.

If anything only wacky thing may be when it comes to Jade and Alan Scott, since Superman is the "first" hero of the New 52 and the JSA didn't exist back during WWII in New52-verse.
Ion2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #254
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern
 
GreenLantern888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLspotlight View Post
That would make sense.
I would like to concur that theory makes sense to me too.
__________________
No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 AM   #255
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops
 
d3v1lb0y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: between Monica Bellucci & Christina Hendricks
Posts: 2,999
Default

How many issues for Sinestro to get his Yellow Ring back??
I say 6.

__________________
Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #256
DocLantern
Manhunter Repairman
 
DocLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
How many issues for Sinestro to get his Yellow Ring back??
I say 6.

Six would be great, I think it may be longer though. Don't know how many issues each arc is going to be, but it sounds like Sinestro is going to be a GL for the first two arcs. Maybe during the third arc with the first lantern he'll get his ring back (and most importantly for me Hal will get his ring back )

Who knows.
DocLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #257
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern
 
GreenLantern888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888
Default

I'm not sure I think maybe shorter. Probably the first arc or something.
__________________
No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #258
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard
 
TorchBearer2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WP, New York
Posts: 1,381
Default

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/09...rse-%E2%80%9D/

is that supposed to be hal in the jail cell?
__________________
TorchBearer2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #259
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/09...rse-%E2%80%9D/

is that supposed to be hal in the jail cell?
Things just aren't going well for poor Hal! It's not enough the guy lost his ring; he's lost his job, his apartment, and his girlfriend. If he had a dog to lose this'd be a great country song!
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #260
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe
 
Mister.Weirdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,716
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
Things just aren't going well for poor Hal! It's not enough the guy lost his ring; he's lost his job, his apartment, and his girlfriend. If he had a dog to lose this'd be a great country song!
Geoff Johns better put some efforts into explaining this.

Is it just me or is that picture look nothing like Hal?
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #261
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post
Green Lantern #1 Preview





interesting regarding the guardians......


i just hope they dont end up turning into some giant megazord or something
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #262
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
 
Tazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: @play
Posts: 25,049
Default

Yo.

one of us........one of us..........




Tazer
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #263
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward
 
CeltiC5-27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/09...rse-%E2%80%9D/

is that supposed to be hal in the jail cell?
Im pretty sure that is Hal. Who else would it be?
__________________
Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #264
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern
 
GreenLantern888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 2,532
Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
Im pretty sure that is Hal. Who else would it be?
Yeah exactly, I am intrigued to see what happens with Hal.
__________________
No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #265
stingerman
Fatality's Blacksmith
 
stingerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 178
Default

Just read the issue.

Not bad. Probably give it 3 out of 5 stars.

My review:

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...reen-lantern-1
__________________
- Twitter

- Cosmic Book News
stingerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #266
IonFan
Forum Member
 
IonFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 20,212
Default

i wonder is the guardians "new mission" (and what they're doing to Ganthet) the reason Hal goes rogue on their a$$es............... what, don't tell me you all (like DC) have forgotten that little subplot from the Red Lantern story arc?
__________________

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #267
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer
 
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: At Toshi Station picking up some power converters
Posts: 16,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
what, don't tell me you all (like DC) have forgotten that little subplot from the Red Lantern story arc?
I'm sure Geoff has; why shouldn't we?
__________________
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #268
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 14,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
i wonder is the guardians "new mission" (and what they're doing to Ganthet) the reason Hal goes rogue on their a$$es............... what, don't tell me you all (like DC) have forgotten that little subplot from the Red Lantern story arc?
Actually, I think that one may still be on track. He supposedly goes rogue because they took from him "the thing he values most" or something like that. And what did the Guardians just do? Took his ring away. I'd say that qualifies.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #269
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe
 
Mister.Weirdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,716
Blog Entries: 1
Default

This issue just came out today, so why aren't commenting on it? Really?

Overall I thought it was okay, nothing special, but as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #270
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe
 
Lantern A-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14,358
Default

Cause maybe a lot of us haven't been able to get our copies yet. I can't get mine till Thurs
__________________
I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.
Lantern A-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #271
Ion2814
Corpse Trainee
 
Ion2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 290
Default

So if Kyle goes rogue from what we've heard of NG, and Hal is going rogue(which could happen since the rings are just picking people who are fearless, regardless of how the Guardians feel about them), how the hell are Jon and Guy going to be handled over in GLC? lol
Ion2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #272
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: outer rim territory
Posts: 26,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Cause maybe a lot of us haven't been able to get our copies yet. I can't get mine till Thurs
i wont be getting mine till sunday
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #273
evercharmer
Kyle's Nude Model
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default

I don't know about you guys, but I really don't see how the issue could have been better and I can't wait for the next one. I feel sorry for Hal, getting tangled up in everything, his life kind of sucks right now. However I'm immensely interested in what Sinestro is planning; I think he might actually be planning to strike down his corps. The way he crushed that ring instead of just letting it go after he killed the yellow lantern and the fact that they've enslaved his people instead of protecting them like he ordered sounds like enough incentive for him.

Carol kind of pissed me off, though. She really thought he was gonna? What crazy la-la land does she live in? Just because Hal asked her out doesn't mean he was going to pull out a ring for her, and even though they have a lot of history, wouldn't it have been smart to, I don't know, actually try and take the relationship to that point first? They haven't even been dating! I thought she understood already that even without Hal's ring (as if he could really give it up) he still wouldn't be able to give her everything, at least not without a lot of time. Wearing that violet ring again must have fucked with her head and destroyed her sensibilities; just because they love each other doesn't mean they can make it work.
evercharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #274
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe
 
Mister.Weirdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,716
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evercharmer View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I really don't see how the issue could have been better and I can't wait for the next one. I feel sorry for Hal, getting tangled up in everything, his life kind of sucks right now. However I'm immensely interested in what Sinestro is planning; I think he might actually be planning to strike down his corps. The way he crushed that ring instead of just letting it go after he killed the yellow lantern and the fact that they've enslaved his people instead of protecting them like he ordered sounds like enough incentive for him.

Carol kind of pissed me off, though. She really thought he was gonna? What crazy la-la land does she live in? Just because Hal asked her out doesn't mean he was going to pull out a ring for her, and even though they have a lot of history, wouldn't it have been smart to, I don't know, actually try and take the relationship to that point first? They haven't even been dating! I thought she understood already that even without Hal's ring (as if he could really give it up) he still wouldn't be able to give her everything, at least not without a lot of time. Wearing that violet ring again must have fucked with her head and destroyed her sensibilities; just because they love each other doesn't mean they can make it work.
I don't know if Geoff Johns is trying to destroy that relationship or keep it, because I know I wouldn't want to see Hal end up with Boring Girl.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #275
JuanMal
Fatality's Blacksmith
 
JuanMal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 170
Default

Haven't picked up my copy yet but here is a good review I came across:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...review&id=3901
JuanMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.