The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 06-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #26
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

It appears the volume of my local BB took a hit. I went during lunch to pick up the DVD and they only had 4 in the cardboard display... and it is in fact, $19.99.

It would have been nice if they made a regular DVD version that came with a figure. I only have 1 Blu-Ray player in my house.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #27
Glomulus Wants
Guy's Drinking Buddy

The BluRay with the Sinestro is a BluRay and DVD combo pack. The disc with Hal Jordan is the BluRay version and the disc with Sinestro is the DVD version. Thats why there is not a DVD version with the figure.
Glomulus Wants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #28
Hurrijak
Kyle's Nude Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Any 2 -disc editions out there? Could've sworn Wal-mart was doing one.

So far it seems Best Buy is the way to go over Target, Wally, and Amazon...
Wal-Mart has an exclusive 2 disc DVD. Shining cover & bonus material that's on the Blu-Ray(Green Lantern info/2 bonus toons). One disc is Jordan, the other is the Guardians.
Hurrijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #29
Sniper33

I had to go to a Best Buy 25 minutes away since the one near me was sold out by the time I got there. The out of town BB had only about 5 copies of the bundle left.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:05 AM   #30
GL13
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrijak View Post
Wal-Mart has an exclusive 2 disc DVD. Shining cover & bonus material that's on the Blu-Ray(Green Lantern info/2 bonus toons). One disc is Jordan, the other is the Guardians.
"Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" Two-Disc Special Edition DVD, Advertisement Update

May 10, 2011 by James Harvey

The World's Finest has the first details on the Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release for the direct-to-video Green Lantern: Emerald Knights animated feature. Additional update included.

Warner Home Video has confirmed for The World's Finest that there will be a Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release for the upcoming Green Lantern: Emerald Knights direct-to-video animated feature. Until now, only a single-disc DVD and Blu-ray Combo Disc release were confirmed for Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. While no specific details are currently available for the release, the studio has confirmed the two-disc DVD edition will be an American Wal-Mart exclusive title, available only from the retail giant in beginning June 7th, 2011. Click on the thumbnail below for a hi-res look at the Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release.

The standard Single-Disc DVD edition and Blu-ray Combo Disc release of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights will be available at all online and retail outlets as of June 7th, 2011. The Blu-ray will feature additional extras such as featurettes, an audio commentary, a preview for the upcoming Batman: Year One animated feature, among other content.

In additional Green Lantern: Emerald Knights updates, a new print advertisement for the upcoming animated feature will be appearing in assorted May 2011-shipping comic books and magazines. For a closer look at the ad, click on the thumbnail below.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/ne...llnews&id=1031

But nothing is said able a figurine with the DVD double pack.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:28 AM   #31
TanyaTate
Honored Guest

Sinestro figure.
TanyaTate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #32
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaTate View Post

Sinestro figure.
no kiss for sinestro?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #33
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glomulus Wants View Post
The Louisiana sale shows 22.99, the online ad shows 22.99 as well. It rang up 19.99. The receipt shows a 5.00 sale discount. Original price is 24.99 and after the 5.00 sale its 19.99. I think your just making it more difficult then necessary but do what you do.

The ad is obviously wrong it even states minimum of 2 per store where my store had 11 or so.
Am I missing something? Isn't 11 copies complying with a "minimum of 2 per store" rule?
Muthasucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #34
Hurrijak
Kyle's Nude Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL13 View Post
"Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" Two-Disc Special Edition DVD, Advertisement Update

The World's Finest has the first details on the Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release for the direct-to-video Green Lantern: Emerald Knights animated feature. Additional update included.

Warner Home Video has confirmed for The World's Finest that there will be a Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release for the upcoming Green Lantern: Emerald Knights direct-to-video animated feature. Until now, only a single-disc DVD and Blu-ray Combo Disc release were confirmed for Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. While no specific details are currently available for the release, the studio has confirmed the two-disc DVD edition will be an American Wal-Mart exclusive title, available only from the retail giant in beginning June 7th, 2011. Click on the thumbnail below for a hi-res look at the Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release.

The standard Single-Disc DVD edition and Blu-ray Combo Disc release of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights will be available at all online and retail outlets as of June 7th, 2011. The Blu-ray will feature additional extras such as featurettes, an audio commentary, a preview for the upcoming Batman: Year One animated feature, among other content.

In additional Green Lantern: Emerald Knights updates, a new print advertisement for the upcoming animated feature will be appearing in assorted May 2011-shipping comic books and magazines. For a closer look at the ad, click on the thumbnail below.

But nothing is said able a figurine with the DVD double pack.
The figurine is a Best Buy exclusive. It'd be far too easy to be able to get everything we want in just one store, lol.
Hurrijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #35
stoat2337
Corps Honor Guard

Wow. Sinestro looks great. Nice pick up, Tanya.
One you'll never play again I'm sure...
stoat2337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #36
lanternjv37
Green Lantern Initiate

there maybe some in my best buy if you want me to pick it up for you, and the blu ray bundle is the way to go, its 19.99 and you get an extra figure and the dvd version...id still buy it if i didnt have a blu ray player lol
Old 06-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #37
GLJIMT

got mine!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:23 AM   #38
TheGoatLantern
Beta-Lantern

I was told to wait for father's day. Sucks

She blinded me with SCIENCE!
TheGoatLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 AM   #39
Sniper33

Was hoping that the figure would of been a tad taller, but it still looks pretty nice.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #40
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL13 View Post

Did this get cancelled or something? I see absolutely no sign of it on Wal-mart's website, and while I haven't been in-store yet, I know of others who have and said it wasn't there, either...
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 AM   #41
mrumsey
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Did this get cancelled or something? I see absolutely no sign of it on Wal-mart's website, and while I haven't been in-store yet, I know of others who have and said it wasn't there, either...
I saw the 2 disk version in my local Wal-mart today, so I bet it's just not available online.

mrumsey is offline   Reply With Quote