Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

31 Day Would You Rather Challange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1)- No brainer, my kids are more important than me.

2)- I like the quiet life and I hope to live to a ripe, old age. Option #2.

3) I don't know how to answer this exactly because she wouldn't just be leaving me, she'd be putting herself over our kids.

4)- I can only listen to music for short periods. I could never do it for a living, but the life of an actor (working long hours with few off days) doesn't sound appealing either.
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Yo.

4) Would you rather be a musician or an actor/actress?

musician; Id be a songwriter & be better able to dictate the terms for who/when I work.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I would honestly like to at least try both, but at the moment, I'm picking musician. Being a musician, I could do more and reach more people, as well as write music inspired by some of my favorite stuff.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
        When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

Actor for me. I've done some acting and enjoyed it, and actors do get to sing sometimes, which is the only musical talent I have at all (not that I'm professional material or anything).

Comment

I have no talent in either departments, but if I got the choice I'd choose musician. I'd love to write and make my own stuff.
            Originally posted by IonFan
            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
            Originally posted by Quaker
            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

5) If you were in charge of a comicbook title, would you rather kill your favourite character off but have the book be a massive success or keep your favourite character but the book fails to garner much attention?

I get the implications from both. If I am able to get attention for my changes to the book, then cool, because it will get my name out there and recognized in the industry. If, story wise, I was able to have my character go out in a blaze of glory, and have it be satisfying and beneficial, then great. Perhaps having references to the character at certain points, or have someone inspired to take up the mantle of the hero. I've wanted to do something like this for a while, anyway.

If I keep the character in, but the book doesn't get too much recognition, then fair enough. The whole fight to get my name out there through more stuff would be an adventure, anyway. Either way, as long as I am able to create a good story, and inspire at least 1 person in some way, than it would have been a success to me.
              kazzar
              Guardian Of The Galaxy
              Last edited by kazzar; 03-05-2015, 02:50 PM.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
              When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

Yo.

5) If you were in charge of a comicbook title, would you rather kill your favourite character off but have the book be a massive success or keep your favourite character but the book fails to garner much attention?

I think we've all seen how this plays out already, so picking Option 2 is a no-brainer for me.....

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

If the only reason the book is garnering attention is that I killed a character off, that's lame, IMHO. If I can't garner attention just by what I'm writing, maybe I shouldn't be on the title. So I'd pick 2, and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

I'd rather kill my favourite character off, definitely. At least I can make the story good.
                    Originally posted by IonFan
                    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                    Originally posted by Quaker
                    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

1) Would you rather have a great life but you child/ren will have a terrible life, or would you rather you have a terrible life and your child/ren have a great life?
                      Any parent would want their child to have a better life, so this is an easy choice.

2) Would you rather have a great life and die young or have a pretty average and dull life but live to a very old age?
                      I have an average, somewhat dull life now, and I'm doing okay, so the latter. Then again, this is IF and ONLY IF my health is up to snuff. I wouldn't want to live a long life in agonizing pain, having multiple surgeries and taking endless medication.

3) Would you rather be with the love of your life or be alone if it means the love of your life is much happier with someone else?
                      If the love of my life has knowledge of this "someone else," even subliminal, and lives a life of resentment and second-guessing, I'd rather be alone. There's nothing worse in a relationship than being compared to someone else. If she doesn't know about the other person, I'd be selfish and choose to be with her.

I'd rather be a musician as they tend to be multi-talented. You see a great deal of musicians make the transition from the stage to the screen, but rarely, if at all, the other way around.

It's all about the money, so I'd kill off my favorite character and enjoy the rewards and success. Besides, nobody dies and stays dead in comics, so it's only a matter of time before he/she is revived.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                        It's all about the money, so I'd kill off my favorite character and enjoy the rewards and success. Besides, nobody dies and stays dead in comics, so it's only a matter of time before he/she is revived.
                        so, U would join all of the other comic hacks out there??

I am the sad.

Tazer

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                          Yo.

so, U would join all of the other comic hacks out there??

I am the sad.

Tazer
                          It's a means to an end, and I'd rather have a book that sells instead of being known as the guy that writes great stories that nobody reads. I have trouble recalling a popular superhero that HASN'T been dead or killed at one point in time, anyway. *shrugs*

Comment

...Then again, this is IF and ONLY IF my health is up to snuff. I wouldn't want to live a long life in agonizing pain, having multiple surgeries and taking endless medication...
                            I think your perspective changes on that when you're actually in that boat. While I would not say I'm in agonizing pain (most of the time), I've had 9 major surgeries (that I can think off the top of my head, it might be more), take many medications (including at least three doses of pain medicine per day), and have not been healthy for over 30 years, yet I'm in no hurry to shorten my life.

Comment

It's a means to an end, and I'd rather have a book that sells instead of being known as the guy that writes great stories that nobody reads. I have trouble recalling a popular superhero that HASN'T been dead or killed at one point in time, anyway. *shrugs*
                              It's funny. I wasn't thinking of it from the perspective of "Writing comics is my career". When I think about it that way, being successful is going to be better for my family, and if it was a choice between killing a fictional character and being successful or keeping them alive but possibly doing poorly enough that I'd risk my livelihood, then I'd choose the former.

I'd probably still write and pitch the stories I wanted to tell, but if editorial wasn't having it, AND the fans didn't care enough to buy it, I'd probably go with the flow. IF that was my career, and my sole source of income.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                I think your perspective changes on that when you're actually in that boat. While I would not say I'm in agonizing pain (most of the time), I've had 9 major surgeries (that I can think off the top of my head, it might be more), take many medications (including at least three doses of pain medicine per day), and have not been healthy for over 30 years, yet I'm in no hurry to shorten my life.
                                Don't get me wrong, I didn't say what I said as a knock on anyone else's plight, but from a personal point of view. My general distrust of doctors and my issues with taking medication, particularly large pills, and my fear of being cut open by a quack that's guessing what's wrong with me AND making my condition worse is my fear.

I've had family members including my wife right now, incidentally, that have multiple issues with unsuccessful surgeries, along with getting bad advise from doctors that don't seem to care. If that's the case, I'd rather live a shorter, more vibrant life than a long, painful one. Again, that's just me. I'm not projecting my issues onto anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X