No announcement yet.

DC Comics New 52 Super Alloy Figures by Play Imaginative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. I think it is kind of funny that these are coming from a company called "Play Imaginative". As if figs this expensive are going to get played with on a regular basis by most people that purchase them. How about "Display Imaginative"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
      Shoulder pads or not, NO FIGURE is worth $360, at least to me.
      Agreed. I kind-of like that design, but that's not a "kind-of-like" price.

Comment

I wonder if they are using the motto "80% metal, 80% markup" very cool toys but way way way overpriced.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

This was a definite pickup for me until I read this:

LED lights in eyes and chest emblem (batteries included, controlled by remote).
          LED light in ring on fist only (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
          Lantern with LED lights (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
          I'll have to find out if the batteries are already inside the figure and if they are easy to extract. Batteries corrode over time, so they would have to come out.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

way too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
              This was a definite pickup for me until I read this:

I'll have to find out if the batteries are already inside the figure and if they are easy to extract. Batteries corrode over time, so they would have to come out.
              Normally a screwdriver is included in the box...

•Approximately 12 inches in height.
              •Developed based on computer 3D model from DC Comics, ensuring accuracy of proportions.
              •More than 80% die-cast material.
              •Showroom glossy metallic paints, matte metallic paints and polished metal with protective coating.
              •One (1) interchangeable head of The New 52 Green Lantern.
              •Each head sculpt is individually hand-painted, with authentic, detailed and comic accurate facial features.
              •Die-cast metal torso, forearms, calves, and boots.
              •Rubber exterior with die-cast metal interior ribcage, biceps, and thighs.
              •Figurine with more than 25 points of articulation.
              •Double jointed neck.
              •Ball jointed shoulders for full range of arm movements.
              •Double jointed elbows and knees.
              •Ball jointed wrists and groin.
              •Double jointed body, bendable at upper torso.
              •Spring-loaded articulated waist.
              •Ball jointed ankles with bendable boot front.
              •One (1) pair of relaxed hands.
              •One (1) pair of fists.
              •One (1) pair of flying pose hands.
              •One (1) pair of semi-clenched hands.
              •One (1) pointing hand and One (1) lantern-holding hand.
              •LED lights in eyes and chest emblem (batteries included, controlled by remote).
              •LED light in ring on fist only (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
              •Die-cast remote control to control LED lights in figurine only (batteries included).
              •Lantern with LED lights (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
              •Transparent green full body armour construct with weapon.
              •Base stand with claw comes with adjustable height.
              •Foldable backdrop with plastic angle supports to enhance display of figurine.
              •Hard case box with metal plate logo. Internal blister support.
              •Microfibre cleaning cloth for cleaning off fingerprint marks on alloy parts.
              •Screwdriver for opening battery compartments.
              •Tests performed – Oxidation, paint chipping, paint fading, electronic and battery tests.
              THE EXCLUSIVE EDITION COMES WITH ADDITIONAL:

•One (1) interchangeable battle damaged head of The New 52 Green Lantern with angered expression (with LED lights in eyes).
              •Battle damaged transparent green full body armour construct without weapon.
              Release Date: November 2013
              Price: $379.99

Comment

Hmmm there is

Originally posted by krona1968 View Post

•Approximately 12 inches in height.
                •Developed based on computer 3D model from DC Comics, ensuring accuracy of proportions.
                •More than 80% die-cast material.
                •Showroom glossy metallic paints, matte metallic paints and polished metal with protective coating.
                •One (1) interchangeable head of The New 52 Green Lantern.
                •Each head sculpt is individually hand-painted, with authentic, detailed and comic accurate facial features.
                •Die-cast metal torso, forearms, calves, and boots.
                •Rubber exterior with die-cast metal interior ribcage, biceps, and thighs.
                •Figurine with more than 25 points of articulation.
                •Double jointed neck.
                •Ball jointed shoulders for full range of arm movements.
                •Double jointed elbows and knees.
                •Ball jointed wrists and groin.
                •Double jointed body, bendable at upper torso.
                •Spring-loaded articulated waist.
                •Ball jointed ankles with bendable boot front.
                •One (1) pair of relaxed hands.
                •One (1) pair of fists.
                •One (1) pair of flying pose hands.
                •One (1) pair of semi-clenched hands.
                •One (1) pointing hand and One (1) lantern-holding hand.
                •LED lights in eyes and chest emblem (batteries included, controlled by remote).
                •LED light in ring on fist only (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
                •Die-cast remote control to control LED lights in figurine only (batteries included).
                •Lantern with LED lights (batteries included, not controlled by remote).
                •Transparent green full body armour construct with weapon.
                •Base stand with claw comes with adjustable height.
                •Foldable backdrop with plastic angle supports to enhance display of figurine.
                •Hard case box with metal plate logo. Internal blister support.
                •Microfibre cleaning cloth for cleaning off fingerprint marks on alloy parts.
                •Screwdriver for opening battery compartments.
                •Tests performed – Oxidation, paint chipping, paint fading, electronic and battery tests.
                THE EXCLUSIVE EDITION COMES WITH ADDITIONAL:

•One (1) interchangeable battle damaged head of The New 52 Green Lantern with angered expression (with LED lights in eyes).
                •Battle damaged transparent green full body armour construct without weapon.
                Release Date: November 2013
                Price: $379.99

Comment

Originally posted by krona1968 View Post

•Screwdriver for opening battery compartments.Price: $379.99
                  Thanks for pointing that out, but this still leaves me on the fence. For that price, I was planning on leaving the figure MIB. I don't really like the idea of having to handle the figure, and I like the idea of using a screwdriver on it even less. I'd spew Red Lantern vomit if I scratched it while trying to remove or replace the battery compartments.

I'll wait for a couple of reviews and/or videos of the battery extractions if they are already in the figure. I might opt for the Neca 1/4 scale Avengers instead of this.
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

holy sh!t, they must think comic book geeks are made of money

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                      holy sh!t, they must think comic book geeks are made of money
                      Some of them are. PI is clearly playing off the success of Hot Toys. Many of those figs have price tags that are similar or more than the alloys, but people buy them.

Comment

I think the figure looks amazing! But they are crazy if they think people will pay $400 for it. The most I'd pay for this is $100 and that's me being nice.
                        Attached Files
                        CeltiC5-27
                        Weaponer of Qward
                        Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 09-10-2013, 05:21 AM.
                        Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                          I think the figure looks amazing! But they are crazy if they think people will pay $400 fir it. The most I'd pay for this is $100 and that's me being nice.
                          Oh, it will sell. Check out some sold listings on Ebay for Hot Toys 1/6 figures. Some collectors will pay $400 or more for items like this on a regular basis.

The variable with these alloy figs is that there are no production numbers available, at least that I've seen. Based on the number of Batman alloy figures I've seen, I'm going to *guess* that the production numbers weren't that low, which might mean the figs will be a bit cheaper in a couple of years.

Comment

Has anyone heard a definitive shipping date on this? The figure was originally supposed to hit the market before last Christmas, but I still see only pre-orders.

Comment

Yeah, I only see pre-orders for Green Lantern too.
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                                Yeah, I only see pre-orders for Green Lantern too.
                                Evidently, PI is having some major production issues with numerous figures. It gives me a glimmer of hope that the figure hasn't been cancelled.

http://www.actionfigurefury.com/play...w-streamlined/

Comment

Working...
                                X