Sector 2682 Has 3 GL's?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector 2682 Has 3 GL's?!?

For anybody who didn't read Death of Hawkman, or who did and just forgot to say anything...

Sector 2682 already has two representatives in Isamot Kol (lizard man from Thanagar) and Vath Sarn (native of Rann).

Now we've got us a wingman!

If we ever take a break from just showcasing the Earth GL's with the same background GL's, I'd LOVE to see these three on a mission in 2682. Especially since Death of Hawkman also gave us peace between Thanagar and Rann.

Thoughts?

~//V\\~

Do we know Isamot and Vath made the rebirth purge? I can't recall if we've seen them since then or not.

Comment

Pretty sure they've just been background Lanterns like everybody else. Comicvine.com has it listed that Vath has appeared in nine issues of the current volume while Isamot has appeared in six.

~//V\\~

Comment

Okay. That sounds likely. They really shouldn't have three lanterns in a sector when the corps is depleted. That was a good spot. When I was a kid, I used to write down all the sectors, but I have to admit that I only remember like five of them in my dotage.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 03-04-2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I just think it's interesting that 2814 isn't the only sector with more than 2 GL's. Sector 2682 being a new hotspot sounds like an interesting development.

And what's the problem with recruiting now? After the original GL Rebirth series we went from like a five man Corps to a full blown army come GLC Recharged. With the Guardians back in place the numbers thing needs to change sooner than later.

~//V\\~

Comment

Yeah, it's fine with me. There should be over 7200 since honor guard should be replaced in their sector so they don't have to bother with that. And I could see where the corps might feel certain sectors require extra attention.

Comment

Are both Vath and Isamot still alive in the comics? They haven't been killed off in any of the endless wars since SCW?

Comment

Both have made more than a handful of appearances in the background of the GLC since Rebirth began.

Let the three of them help Adam Strange out of Limbo and make it a 3 issue arc in HL & the GLC.

~//V\\~

Comment

I like the design. It makes sense that a Thanagarian cop would eventually be chosen. And they get to use the Hawkman design without doing something so lame as using the ACTUAL Hawkman to do it.

Comment

He got the ring when Isamot Kol "died". But I thought once it was revealed that Isamot survived Despero's attack, Rayn Kral, the Thanagarian who got Isamot's ring, was only going to serve a backup until Isamot healed.

Comment

Yeeeah, but back-ups have become full fledged Corpsmen before. No sense in wasting a perfectly good piece of story potential.

I'd love to see an interpretation of Thanagar in GLC so we can see more of the lizard people like Isamot and not just the humanoids in hawk gear. Now that Rann and Thanagar are at peace we can move forward to something else in their sector. The Spider Guild, maybe some splinter of the Black Circle, a baby Sun Eater... IDK.

~//V\\~

Comment

Working...
                      X