X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is probably the real issue.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

• Yeah, but I don't think it will be noticed that much if there is a large amount of hotties in cosplay gear. I tend not to notice the guest list when there are hotties around. Last year it lacked hotties because WonderCon feel on Easter Weekend. Hopefully the weather is also clear up by then. It's going to rain all this week.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I never get to go to cons T.T

Comment

• Hello All! Already posted in the intro section but just wanted to offer up my greetings here too. Been checking out this site for a year or two now on and off and finally decided to officially register and post!

Anyways ... had to jump in because I've been really looking forward to WonderCon so am also a bit dissapointed by the lack of names and also the "big" entertainment panels. We got Green Lantern and Cowboys & Aliens but that's about it. In a year so heavy with movies in our arena ... Thor, Captain America, Pirates 4, Cars 2, Kung Fu Panda 2, Transformers 3, Harry Potter, Smurfs, Conan, Scream 4, etc.,. I figured hollywood would offer a little more here. Especially since most of those are pre-SDCC so it's not like it's going to be there.

Oh well, I'll enjoy the environment and company and look forward to "spearing" sylent_asassin . Hey I may only be 5' 7" and 150 lbs but I'm quick! Seriously though, I'll try to say what's up to you guys at the con.

Comment

• Originally posted by quickkick View Post
            Hello All! Already posted in the intro section but just wanted to offer up my greetings here too. Been checking out this site for a year or two now on and off and finally decided to officially register and post!

Anyways ... had to jump in because I've been really looking forward to WonderCon so am also a bit dissapointed by the lack of names and also the "big" entertainment panels. We got Green Lantern and Cowboys & Aliens but that's about it. In a year so heavy with movies in our arena ... Thor, Captain America, Pirates 4, Cars 2, Kung Fu Panda 2, Transformers 3, Harry Potter, Smurfs, Conan, Scream 4, etc.,. I figured hollywood would offer a little more here. Especially since most of those are pre-SDCC so it's not like it's going to be there.

Oh well, I'll enjoy the environment and company and look forward to "spearing" sylent_asassin . Hey I may only be 5' 7" and 150 lbs but I'm quick! Seriously though, I'll try to say what's up to you guys at the con.
            Ha ha! If you try that spear, I guarantee you'll bounce off as if I had Magneto's magnetism field surrounding me. My leg alone weighs 150.

Seriously, one of the best parts of attending the cons is meeting people from the forums. Over the years, we've developed a pretty good rapport with fellow forum members... well, except for maybe one guy.

At the NYCC, I met up and had lunch with a guy that I friended on another site in addition to meeting a couple of guys from this site: Godmera and theMrTerrific to name a few. I even met a fan that pegged me "the West Coast Morpheus" since he donned the gear on the East Coast.

Last year at the SDCC, a guy from these boards recognized me, approached me and introduced himself. Meeting board members is cool and almost makes up for the fact that the guest line-up is sub par. I look forward to meeting quite a few people at this year's WC.

Comment

• WonderCon Complete Schedule released:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/wonderc...edule-released

Friday's Notables:

4:00-5:00 Exclusive Nikita Screening by Warner Bros. Television

For the second year, Warner Bros. Television will kick off WonderCon with an exclusive preview screening of an upcoming original series episode. For 2011, WBTV will be premiering the Covenants episode of Nikita, which will be broadcast Thursday, April 7, at 9/8c on The CW. At the conclusion of the last episode, fans were left breathless at the final image of Michael confronting Nikita in her lair after discovering Alex as the mole inside Division. WonderCon attendees will be the first to find out what happens next. From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Nikita airs Thursdays 9/8c on The CW and stars Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible III), Shane West (ER), Lyndsy Fonseca (Kick-Ass), Aaron Stanford (X2: X-Men United), Ashton Holmes (The Pacific), Tiffany Hines (Beyond the Break), with Melinda Clarke (The O.C.) and Xander Berkeley (24). Craig Silverstein (Bones), David Levinson (21 Jump Street), Danny Cannon (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), McG (Supernatural), and Peter Johnson (Human Target) are the executive producers. Esplanade Ballroom
              5:00-6:00 Warner Bros.: Green Lantern

Green Lantern will shine bright at WonderCon, beginning with an opening day panel with the stars of the upcoming feature film, in theaters June 17. The highly anticipated Green Lantern movie will be the first live-action feature film to star the popular DC Comics character. The film relates the origin story of alter ego Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds), a test pilot and the first human chosen to wear the ring that provides him his superpowers. Join Ryan Reynolds and other special guests from the film for a look at Warner Bros.' superhero actioner: Green Lantern! Esplanade Ballroom
              6:00-8:00 WORLD PREMIERE! Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Animated Original Movie

Only at WonderCon! Warner Home Video proudly presents the World Premiere of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, an all-new DC Universe Animated Original Movie that weaves six interlocking stories of the Green Lantern Corps' rich mythology around preparations for an attack by an ancient enemy. As the battle approaches, Hal Jordan (voiced by Nathan Fillion, Castle) mentors new recruit Arisia (Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) in the history of the Green Lantern Corps, telling tales of Avra (the first Green Lantern) and several of Hal's comrades, including Abin Sur, Kilowog, Laira and Mogo. In the end, Arisia must rise to the occasion to help Hal, Sinestro, and the entire Green Lantern Corps save the universe from the destructive forces of Krona. Other voice cast members include actor/spoken word artist Henry Rollins, Jason Isaacs (the Harry Potter films), Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy), Wade Williams (Prison Break), Kelly Hu (The Vampire Diaries) and professional wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper! Animation guru Bruce W. Timm is executive producer, and the directors are Lauren Montgomery, Jay Oliva and Christopher Berkeley. Scripting the film are comic book luminaries Geoff Johns, Dave Gibbons, Peter J. Tomasi, Eddie Berganza, Alan Burnett, Todd Casey and Michael Green & Marc Guggenheim. Come for the movie and stay for the post-screening panel, which will feature filmmakers and members of the voice cast! Green Lantern: Emerald Knights will be distributed June 7 by Warner Home Video as part of the build-up to the release of the highly anticipated live action film, Green Lantern, in theaters June 17. Esplanade Ballroom

Comment

• I looked at the WonderCon Programming Grid, and I'm disappointed that Kevin Smith won't be here this year. I thought he would.

Anyway, this looks like the game plan for Friday:

12pm: Try and get GL Exclusives

1pm: DC Nation

2pm: DC Comics: Green Lantern

4 (4:30pm) Nikita: Get in early for the WB: Green Lantern Panel

5pm: Warner Bros: Green Lantern Panel

6pm: World Premiere of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I think Kevin Smith cancelled. I could have sworn that I saw his name on the card at some point.

EDIT:

I’ve [Brian Keen] been added as a Special Guest for WonderCon 2011, which takes place April 1 – 3 at the Moscone Center South in San Francisco, CA. Other Special Guests include Kevin Smith, Berkley Breathed, F. Paul Wilson, and Robert Kirkman.

Too bad the cast of Nikita won't be there. Lyndsay Fonseca is delicious and I love Maggie Q.
                  Sylent_Asassin
                  Black Lantern
                  Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 03-22-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• This show is starting to disappoint...

Comment

• Starting? It's past that. All we have to look forward to now are the exclusives and the GL Panel.

Comment

• I hope that they fix this shit by next year.

Comment

• I haven't seen one episode of Nikita. I'm disappointed that there isn't a Chuck panel this year. I think because they were at C2E2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                            I think the date changes for the conventions has affected the guest line up. WonderCon use to be held in February, and now it's in April shorltly after the Emerald City Con and C2E2. I don't think most of the guests want to be on that schedule, and travel to city to city in a short amount of time.
                            Yeah I think that is the case for Geoff Johns. He will be here in Orlando this weekend for MegaCon but I see he isn't on the list of guest in SF. Although one panel description of the "DC Comics: Green Lantern" has his name as a panelist. So I am not too sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                              I looked at the WonderCon Programming Grid, and I'm disappointed that Kevin Smith won't be here this year. I thought he would.

Anyway, this looks like the game plan for Friday:

12pm: Try and get GL Exclusives

1pm: DC Nation

2pm: DC Comics: Green Lantern

4 (4:30pm) Nikita: Get in early for the WB: Green Lantern Panel

5pm: Warner Bros: Green Lantern Panel

6pm: World Premiere of Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
                              I'm with you on this plan with one exception, I am going to waist time standing in line for Ryan et al autographs at 4PM so I'll miss Nikita (although I never watched it anyway).

I'm happy to see the GL Movie panel and the Emerald Knights panel are both in the ballroom. That will make things MUCH EASIER! I better make a bathroom stop before all that!

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                                I think Kevin Smith cancelled. I could have sworn that I saw his name on the card at some point.
                                His name is/was on the card. I was reading Brightest Day #19 this morning and his name is on the advertisement insert. I suppose he did cancel.

Comment

Working...
                                X