The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 10-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #776
Space Cop
The Dandy

The BBC (I like to read their thoughts since they are outsiders) called it down the middle with no clear winner. They mentioned the interruptions but said it was a much more orderly debate and that either side should feel their VP candidate held their own and made solid points at different moments.

This time I didn't even watch a minute. I've already voted because my governor basically is forcing all mail ballot and mine is already mailed back.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #777
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
The BBC (I like to read their thoughts since they are outsiders) called it down the middle with no clear winner. They mentioned the interruptions but said it was a much more orderly debate and that either side should feel their VP candidate held their own and made solid points at different moments.

This time I didn't even watch a minute. I've already voted because my governor basically is forcing all mail ballot and mine is already mailed back.
Do you mind if i ask who you voted for? Im voting trump im also voting in person

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #778
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Do you mind if i ask who you voted for? Im voting trump im also voting in person
Meh, I've already gotten more political than I like to. Suffice it to say that I consider myself non-aligned (independent) but moderate conservative.

Anyway, in NJ we don't really have a choice. We can show up to our polling stations on election day, but there won't be any machines there, just boxes to drop off the mail-in paper voting. Since I got one, I filled it and mailed it and will be visiting family on election day.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #779
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Meh, I've already gotten more political than I like to. Suffice it to say that I consider myself non-aligned (independent) but moderate conservative.

Anyway, in NJ we don't really have a choice. We can show up to our polling stations on election day, but there won't be any machines there, just boxes to drop off the mail-in paper voting. Since I got one, I filled it and mailed it and will be visiting family on election day.
Gotchya

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
Old 10-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #780
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

As I said, the person who's behind wants to debate. But suddenly Trump doesn't. The only explanation for that is that he's in bad shape and doesn't want to appear on live television.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/5920908002/
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:40 PM   #781
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
As I said, the person who's behind wants to debate. But suddenly Trump doesn't. The only explanation for that is that he's in bad shape and doesn't want to appear on live television.

Im not opossed to a remote debate if anything thats smarter and already should of been done but no matter what trump does its a no win situation for him with the media

Old 10-08-2020, 04:43 PM   #782
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:

I'm not sure that's the ONLY explanation.

That's the conventional wisdom, sure, but I'm not sure how much store Trump puts in that.

I can easily believe that, even if debating is the smart move for his campaign, that he would refuse if the terms threatened his ego. In a virtual debate, he wouldn't be able to simply interrupt at will, saying whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. I can believe that he'd rather not debate than participate in a format where limitations on him can be effectively enforced.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #783
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm not sure that's the ONLY explanation.

That's the conventional wisdom, sure, but I'm not sure how much store Trump puts in that.

I can easily believe that, even if debating is the smart move for his campaign, that he would refuse if the terms threatened his ego. In a virtual debate, he wouldn't be able to simply interrupt at will, saying whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. I can believe that he'd rather not debate than participate in a format where limitations on him can be effectively enforced.
When you're as far behind as he is, you have to do something that changes everything. Not debating won't do that.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #784
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
When you're as far behind as he is, you have to do something that changes everything. Not debating won't do that.
yeah cause the polls were so right in 2016..................... oh wait no the weren't

IonFan says

Quote:
MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #785
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Uhhhhh 2016 hello?

Old 10-09-2020, 01:13 AM   #786
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Well, this takes dumb assery to a whole new level.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/polit...mer/index.html
Old 10-10-2020, 01:47 AM   #787
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

The second presidential debate is cancelled. I wonder if the debates will fall on vp canidates till the election wich pence will demolish harris again

Old 10-27-2020, 12:59 AM   #788
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Radio host this morning was talking about how cops engaged a man in a high-speed chase for two goddamn hours. At one point he's pretty far ahead of them and feels so confident he pulls over for gas, goes into the mart, pays for the gas and food, finishes refueling and starts the chase again. And then he does it a second time.

And then he ducks into an underground garage, the cops entirely miss him, and then they call it quits and issue an APB.

I'm not entirely sure who's the dumbass here but the award is much deserved on both sides.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:09 AM   #789
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Tucker Carlson: "I have absolute proof that'll take down the Bidens, but the dog ate it."

His absurdly-lengthy explanation was so full of holes you could throw a mountain through it. You have modern technology and decided to physically mail the only evidence you had without taking pictures, scanning the documents into computers, using e-mail, anything whatsoever to make sure you didn't lose the only evidence you had? Really?

Colossal fucking idiot.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:20 AM   #790
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

GameStop is having a TikTok competition for its employees, and the reward is 10 extra labor hours
Old 11-13-2020, 01:13 AM   #791
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 11-13-2020, 02:39 AM   #792
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Um 911 had over 3 million deaths._._.._. You can even research it. Id also like to add just because theres a spike in cases dose not mean deaths. The cdc reported like 2 hundred thousand cases before the election. That numbers wrong so either someone isnt doing there job or there gouging the numbers for the death rate. Ever notice nobody reports the people that did recover? Not saying conspiracy but show me one news article talk about anyone recovering from covid since it started

Old 11-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #793
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

What on Earth are you talking about? 9/11 had less than 3,000 deaths. YOU can research it. It took me about 10 seconds to get the number 2,977.

I sort of figured it was obvious that the people who didn't die recovered. They constantly cover the number of cases, and the number of deaths. The difference...that's the people who recover. They need to have a special article to do that math for you?

If you really want the reecovery numbers, that also is instantly available by a simple search. Currently worldwide recoveries are over 37 million. Deaths are over 1.3 million. (Total cases are over 53 million, so if you subtract the deaths and recoveries, there are around 14.7 million people who currently have COVID.)

By simply adding "US" to my search for "COVID recoveries", I got the stats for just the US. Almost 250,000 deaths, more than 6.7 million recoveries, and over 10.8 million total cases (so more than 3.8 million current cases, or more than 1/4 of all worldwide cases, despite having only 4.25% of the world's population. Though I can believe that there are other parts of the world where the numbers are severely undercounted because they don't have the resources to track them as accurately as we can, so that percentage could well be misleading.)
Old 11-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #794
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
What on Earth are you talking about? 9/11 had less than 3,000 deaths. YOU can research it. It took me about 10 seconds to get the number 2,977.

I sort of figured it was obvious that the people who didn't die recovered. They constantly cover the number of cases, and the number of deaths. The difference...that's the people who recover. They need to have a special article to do that math for you?

If you really want the reecovery numbers, that also is instantly available by a simple search. Currently worldwide recoveries are over 37 million. Deaths are over 1.3 million. (Total cases are over 53 million, so if you subtract the deaths and recoveries, there are around 14.7 million people who currently have COVID.)

By simply adding "US" to my search for "COVID recoveries", I got the stats for just the US. Almost 250,000 deaths, more than 6.7 million recoveries, and over 10.8 million total cases (so more than 3.8 million current cases, or more than 1/4 of all worldwide cases, despite having only 4.25% of the world's population. Though I can believe that there are other parts of the world where the numbers are severely undercounted because they don't have the resources to track them as accurately as we can, so that percentage could well be misleading.)
Ok well i was wrong because the media stated over 3 million