No announcement yet.

Where did v4 go wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sucked his dick so hard, I think it probably fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
      scores of comic professionals fawned over Johns' run every few pages, fluffing up the book.
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
      They sucked his dick so hard, I think it probably fell off.
      Definitely "fluffing" was the right word.

Comment

It was odd. Why were they treating Goeff like he was dying? Why did Goeff wrap up Green Lantern,and make a new Green Lantern to play with? I am telling you guys something was happining or Happened behind the scenes of Goeff and Green Lantern. I wonder if we will ever find out what?

Also who gives a fuck about what Ed Boon thinks?
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
          I am telling you guys something was happining or Happened behind the scenes of Goeff and Green Lantern. I wonder if we will ever find out what?
          Johns was told by his boss (Diane Nelson) that he's only allowed to write two books a month.

Comment

Well honestly I think it would be hard for anyone to write more than three good comics a month. Three is the limit, and since Geoff has other duties at DC then two is enough.

Comment

I think Geoff Johns would be hard pressed to write ONE good comic a month. Good decision to stop letting him stink up the joint with three or four.

Comment

Lettercols were pretty good at times, and pretty asinine at times. A hundred and one ways Red Kryptonite can affect Superman. New powers and personalities for the Legion of Super-Heroes. Bits of Bizarro business. The time the late Jerry Bails got three letters published in one month, under three different names, mailed from three different cities. Before the Web, before chat rooms, before Twitter, it was the mails that gave the editorial people feedback on readership. Point out the boo-boos. Rant. Rave. Do anything. Just write, so we know you're out there.

Lettercols gave those of us who missed an issue a chance to pick up at least a part of its flavor. One of the reason I like to collect back issues is the letters. The whining. "WHY does GL think it's always HIS job to save the Justice League??? WHY can't someone ELSE save the League this month???"

But they won't bring them back. Editing letters takes too much time.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Ahh, Jerry Bails. I wish I could have met him when he was alive. I would have loved to spent a day hanging out with he and Roy Thomas, shooting the shit about the JSA and All-Star Comics.

Comment

Vol 4 went wrong by ending and Letting Venditti take over. God Knows it wasen't perfect,not even close. However I did not resent buying it. Every time I pick up Green Lantern now I feel like some fetish sicko who pays to have a chick spit on me and kick me in the nuts.

It alsmot every 10 years or So now DC trys to do a GL fan purge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                      Vol 4 went wrong by ending and Letting Venditti take over. God Knows it wasen't perfect,not even close. However I did not resent buying it. Every time I pick up Green Lantern now I feel like some fetish sicko who pays to have a chick spit on me and kick me in the nuts.

It alsmot every 10 years or So now DC trys to do a GL fan purge.
                      I'd have more fun watching a chick spit on you and kick you in the nuts than read GL every month. At least I'd be entertained.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X