Switch625's customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch625's customs

Hey everybody, I'm a new member here. I'd like to share a few of my DC Universe Classics customs that I'm really proud of.

Here are a few Black Lanterns. I'm more of a painter than a sculptor, so instead of changing their faces, I just gave them what I call a more generic "zombie" paint job. I also created the Black Lantern symbols in Illustrator.

First up is Black Lantern Kal-L. This is the "heat vision" version of Superman from the Brainiac two-pack. I kept the red eyes because I thought it was a cool trait to distinguish him from the others. I know it looks like his chest symbol is white, but it's really silver to match the paint job. The flash from the camera just made it look white.

Next up is Black Lantern Aquaman. This was actually the first Aquaman figure I bought and it had two left legs. Instead of throwing it out, I kept it for no real reason, so I eventually decided to repaint him.

Finally, we have Black Lantern Batman. I actually did this one a couple of months ago, long before "Bruce Wayne" rose as a Black Lantern. I pretty much based it off of the Black Lantern Superman design and I actually like it a lot more than the version that just appeared in Blackest Night.

Here are three others I just did. First is Captain Marvel. With the Marvels, I really didn't care for how Mattel mixed gold and yellow in their costumes, so I took a cue from Alex Ross and painted the yellow gold. I also added a sash. I really think the gold and the sash give it that "touched by the Gods" look and distinguishes it from your run of the mill superhero costume.

Next is Black Adam. I did the same thing to Black Adam that I did to Captain Marvel. I also went and bought another Captain Marvel, removed the cape, painted it black and gave it to Black Adam. I really liked the look when I first saw it in 52, so I thought it might be neat to give it to Black Adam. You'll have to excuse the photo below because it was taken while the figure was still a work in progress. It still needed a few more coats of gold, which I have since added. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Finally, here's Batgirl the way she should have been. This is the Batgirl that came with the Azrael two-pack and I only recently repainted her. I think she turned out really awesome.

Hope you like them!
    Switch625
    Sinestro's Sparring Partner
    Last edited by Switch625; 12-12-2009, 05:03 AM.

The Black Lanterns are pretty good but they need some work. The others are great!

Comment

The BLs are great looking, as are the Marvels, sweet paint apps buddy!
      Two left legs, how weird!
      Nice work!

Talon

LOD

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words!

I just realized that this isn't in the Customs forum. Sorry about that.

Comment

Ask GLJIMT to move this thread into the custom board.
          And I sent you a PM.

Talon

LOD

Comment

That Black Adam is sick. I love the 52 design.

Great work!

Comment

I really like the Aquaman figure, the stark contrast between the black and the white really make him "pop".

You're painting is also very smooth, and it looks great!

Comment

Nice stuff.

Comment

Here's one I forgot about: Sinestro Corps Cyborg Superman!

Since I don't think Mattel can top the old DC Direct Cyborg Superman from their Death of Superman line, I took the figure from their Mongul two-pack and repainted it last year. I took some liberties with it, like keeping the left cyborg leg and not adding black over the right shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch625 View Post
                    I'm more of a painter than a sculptor...
                    Ha! That's what I said when I first came here! Lasted about one figure. Seriously, once you start, it's stupid hard to stop.

Like the stuff though. I definitely dig that Sinestro Corp Cyborg Supes.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch625 View Post

Any interest in selling this?
                      sigpic
                      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Hey I know this dude from TFW2005! Found you way here have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                          Any interest in selling this?
                          No, I'm afraid not. I never actually thought about selling custom figures. I didn't think anybody would want to buy them! LOL Thanks for the compliment though!

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                          Hey I know this dude from TFW2005! Found you way here have you?
                          Yeah, just got here the other day. Always looking for a new outlet for my DCUC passion!

Comment

BATMAN RULES!!!!
                            I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Good job on the customs, dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X