No announcement yet.

WAR OF THE SUPERMEN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sound you hear is the wind whistling through my wallet.

Comment

I don't know; I liked the sound of "New Krypton/Earth War" more, but that's a minor quibble. Should be interesting to see 2 years of story build-up finally achieve pay-off...

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        By "us" who do you mean? They aren't going to be fighting citizens. lol They may fight General Lane/Lex Luthor and Brainiac but that's not us either...These will be a Kryptonian War....maybe with some Daxams on the side.
        Huh....I wonder if the Daxamites are involved if they wrap up the stall with Sodam Yat to have him included in some fashion....

Comment

Originally posted by twoeightonefour View Post
          Huh....I wonder if the Daxamites are involved if they wrap up the stall with Sodam Yat to have him included in some fashion....
          I haven't been reading New Krypton, but I was wondering the same thing...might this be New Krypton vs. a now-powered Daxam?

Comment

Originally posted by DougG_ATL View Post
            I haven't been reading New Krypton, but I was wondering the same thing...might this be New Krypton vs. a now-powered Daxam?
            Now that is an interesting theory. Perhaps it's where we would see the resurrection of Sodam Yat.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
              Now that is an interesting theory. Perhaps it's where we would see the resurrection of Sodam Yat.
              Not likely.

Comment

Not likely.
                Well, if he's still powered by Ion it would be a way to tie-in another DC property into the event. If in fact DiDio's tease about expanding on it's overall influence turns out to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                  Well, if he's still powered by Ion it would be a way to tie-in another DC property into the event. If in fact DiDio's tease about expanding on it's overall influence turns out to be true.
                  1. Matt Edleson not DiDio.
                  2. It doesn't fit. It just doesn't fit. It can happen but who would care? Not the people who've been reading the Superman books for the last two years. What context would bringing back a character seen only once in any Superman title(just a cameo I might add), where we(new and old Superman readers) know nothing of him. Giving a recap and resurrection of some random Green Lantern just wouldn't bode well for the story. That's forcing it. The focus should be on the characters we've come to enjoy seeing on a monthly basis, and that just doesn't leave any room for any Green Lantern, no matter his history with Daxam.

Comment

1. Matt Edleson not DiDio.
                    2. It doesn't fit. It just doesn't fit. It can happen but who would care? Not the people who've been reading the Superman books for the last two years...The focus should be on the characters we've come to enjoy seeing on a monthly basis, and that just doesn't leave any room for any Green Lantern, no matter his history with Daxam.
                    This #0 issue isn't even going to hit stores until May. If the event is anything like Blackest Night, the #1 won't drop until July. That gives DC from February through the summer to link up action in the DC Universe in between Blackest Night and War of the Supermen.

Comment

Originally posted by DougG_ATL View Post
                      This #0 issue isn't even going to hit stores until May. If the event is anything like Blackest Night, the #1 won't drop until July. That gives DC from February through the summer to link up action in the DC Universe in between Blackest Night and War of the Supermen.
                      And I ask you how do you honestly think Blackest Night will effect this storyline? If Yat comes back any time soon, it should be in GLC or Blackest Night. Coming back in this storyline would be forcing a useless cameo upon the readers. I don't understand what release dates have to do with it. Its not a question of can they, its a question of how stupid would they be to do it.

Comment

I don't think we'd see his "resurrection" in this event but I could see it occurring beforehand and having him ready by the time the event is in full swing. If Daxam is involved fully powered and for argument's sake they go to war with New Krypton, then it'd put him in an interesting position having to be the possessor of Ion, therefore some would argue the symbol of the Green Lanterns or at least containing it but still being a Daxamite. Could he with so much power stand by if Daxam were losing the war? How would that fare with the Guardians (or whatever is left after BN) or even holding Ion?

Comment

This sounds less like an event and more of a name and theme change of WONK. I don't see how this will be much different from what's been going on in the Superbooks already.

Anticipating a diamond change to blue though.

Comment

Well fuck, they stole one of our titles..

Comment

And I ask you how do you honestly think Blackest Night will effect this storyline? If Yat comes back any time soon, it should be in GLC or Blackest Night. Coming back in this storyline would be forcing a useless cameo upon the readers. I don't understand what release dates have to do with it. Its not a question of can they, its a question of how stupid would they be to do it.
                              my bad on the Didio reference, but I wasn't trying to say Sodom is going to be a major factor in the overall story. I was just saying it might be a way to tie-in other books (Green Lantern) into the overall event. If Edelson decides to do so, which he teased at during his interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                                Well fuck, they stole one of our titles..
                                No shit! At least we finished ours before this came out.

For anyone wondering: We did a story called "War of the Supermen" in the GL Masters RPG. Basically, Henshaw, Ultraman, Bizarro, Zod and Prime Vs. Superman, Supergirl, Powergirl, Steel, Superdog, the Eradicator (and later Kingdom Come Supes) in a "void" universe. Meanwhile, a shitload of Sinners and Manhunters are attacking Earth, while the Trial of Sinestro was going on.

Good times.

Pax - I've got the entire day off today. I think it's writing time.
                                sigpic
                                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                                X