• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmurfLantern View Post
    Thats wicked!!!

Green since 1974!

Comment

Pretty good, also not completely sold on the costume.

Comment

This is a nice job, but I think the costume would be better if there were a few changes: make the green a shade darker, make the gloves white, and change the emblem to what we're seeing in the comics.

Comment

It works. But it could be better

Comment

Does anyone here have any experience with DAZ Studio or Poser? I'm trying to build the whole body/costume in DAZ Studio, render it, and then add it to the poster while pasting Ryan's head on the generated body.

I guess the knowledge that I'm missing, is adding clothing to a body (Boots/Gloves) and then applying textures to the clothing/body

Comment

no white gloves, and the mask looks off. Other than that I kind of like it.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I hope you get over that white glove problem. Because its likely the first thing to go.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  I hope you get over that white glove problem. Because its likely the first thing to go.
                  I don't know, I heard that Ngila Dickson was reading a bunch of old GL comics in prep for doing the movie, and if she's spent any time at all, she'll realize that white gloves are a staple of the costume. And if anyone can find a way to make them work, she can

Also a few times in interviews Campbell has mentioned "tights" or an equivalent term. So it's incredibly likely that there won't be any silly armor and they'll try and stick with a traditional look.

Comment

ill never let go, only because it's such an easy thing to pull off. Take the fan made image from above. Nothing would detract from the cool style by making his gloves white, maybe add "some" colored lines to them if they don't like pure white. If anything it accentuates the ring more, having them white.
                    JohnnyV
                    Pictionary Master
                    Last edited by JohnnyV; 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

looks really good but the costume needs to be changed

Comment

looks cool, but the costume could be a lot lot better.
                        "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

I feel that the fan made costume there is pretty good, but the green shoulder leap that much out onto the shoulders and should come down his torso more. And the gloves could be made white and keep the seam lines green.

Comment

I haven't worked on this in a while, but when I realized that the costume will probably look something like the concept art that's out there, I was able to use Tomar's body for Hal, a few tweaks later and we end up with this...

What do you think?

Comment

Okay, I like the general idea conveyed in the posters here, but I hate the mask renderings. The massive eye openings are just too big. White gloves? Ya I think we all agree that those are going to go, I am sure the movie will go with the John Stewart style glove/gauntlets.

Comment

Yo.

nice (and I mean NICE!) work IJ, but I REALLY hate that costume........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                                X