The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 10-29-2020, 02:25 AM   #2576
Space Cop
The Dandy

I have a very small wrestling figure collection, but I did see that WWE did a retro 90s style a few years ago. I think, though, it was more about doing the current stars in the 90s style (the short ones that had action features).

Anyway, I'll catch NXT's Halloween Havok when it hits the WWE app tomorrow night.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:12 AM   #2577
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I have a very small wrestling figure collection, but I did see that WWE did a retro 90s style a few years ago. I think, though, it was more about doing the current stars in the 90s style (the short ones that had action features).

Anyway, I'll catch NXT's Halloween Havok when it hits the WWE app tomorrow night.
I caught the last 2 matches found a live stream on twitch. I wont spoil but very interesting

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #2578
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, they definitely used the theme well this time. I'm guessing (only watched 2 of the original 12) that the cinematic match between Grimes and Loomis was the most truly Halloweeny thing in HH.

Old 10-31-2020, 07:55 PM   #2579
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Well, they definitely used the theme well this time. I'm guessing (only watched 2 of the original 12) that the cinematic match between Grimes and Loomis was the most truly Halloweeny thing in HH.

I thought that was gnarly honestly also ever notice dexters theme is similar to stranger things?

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
Old 10-31-2020, 09:48 PM   #2580
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
I thought that was gnarly honestly also ever notice dexters theme is similar to stranger things?
I did think that. Yeah, the bit in the house was fun. Grimes is the perfect coward sell for this kind of thing.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #2581
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I did think that. Yeah, the bit in the house was fun. Grimes is the perfect coward sell for this kind of thing.
The house was ok i wasnt a fan of certain camera angles during it. I wish wwe could do a cinematic fight at a real graveyard. I also think similar in the Scottish highlands. For me on sigh shooting looks better. Imagine the creative things they can do in the highlands

Old 11-07-2020, 01:58 AM   #2582
havik
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to havik

Quote:
Yea to bad. Also i use to collect wrestling figures and was thinking wwe should do a 90's retro line of wcw and ecw with retro packaging for ghere defining moments line. Another thing is playsets for like buried alive aim those at the adult collector market. You can even do ring rope snap ons for fire and barbe wire effects for your barbe wire and inferno matches . For wwe games and the mess with 2k20 id like them to release a title every two years. I want more environment interactios better crowd fighting and new creations suite. Im way to deep into this lol
i have been wishing for wwe to alternate games. I'd love to see a release schedule of something more simulation related like wwe 2k , followed by the release of a more smackdown hctp type feel. with the way my career is done in nba 2k story line wise i think that could fit a wwe game very well
havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:00 AM   #2583
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by havik View Post
i have been wishing for wwe to alternate games. I'd love to see a release schedule of something more simulation related like wwe 2k , followed by the release of a more smackdown hctp type feel. with the way my career is done in nba 2k story line wise i think that could fit a wwe game very well
Right! 2k20 came out a year ago and half the roster is outdated. Im no buisness man i know nothing about marketing but i do know fandom. Wwe owns the wcw and ecw brands right? Why not create a defining figures line of those wrestlers with 90's style packaging? Also why not create a game series exclusively with the old roster of Wcw and ecw? As a fan i am more retro and this shows i need a life but 90's toy packaging really sold the figures unlike today where the packaging is just bland no creativity. Aew is supposed to announce there game next week with omega i think Tuesday. Also with a lot of older games being remastered im surprised wwe didnt cash in on that and remaster shut your mouth know your role and here comes the pain. I would drop 20 bucks on a remaster of those. Hell even remaster wrestlemania 2000 and no mercy from n64 bring it to ps4 ps5 pc the switch and xbox series s. I just hate when people have ips they just shelf them and do nothing with them. I also hate mattel as there go to for figures. I think there hideous for the price there asking for ghe basic line. Wwe should do a toy deal with neca

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-07-2020 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:03 PM   #2584
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Every wrestling fan should blade himself and wear a crimson mask to fight Covid-19.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #2585
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Every wrestling fan should blade himself and wear a crimson mask to fight Covid-19.
Wwe should do a covid on a pole match. Who ever grabs the vile gives his opponent covid

Old 11-11-2020, 01:11 AM   #2586
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

There was an old wrestling message board where one of the posters used the screen name of The Crimson Mask.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:04 AM   #2587
havik
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to havik

looks like rumors were true.AEW is making a No Mercy style game, this can be intresting
havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:03 AM   #2588
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by havik View Post
looks like rumors were true.AEW is making a No Mercy style game, this can be intresting
Yep, announcement trailer is up. Also a mobile game (2 technically).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:42 AM   #2589
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Yep, announcement trailer is up. Also a mobile game (2 technically).

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Hopefully its better than tna's. I never played that or no mercy but tna's was trash i heard

Old 11-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #2590
Space Cop
The Dandy

Iíll be getting it for XBox One. I havenít played a wrestling game since the 90s and Iím invested in AEWís storylines, so itíll make sense for me even if it ends up being a little week. I really want to go back and play a good WWE game for 360 or One, but I want one that has classic stars in it.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #2591
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I’ll be getting it for XBox One. I haven’t played a wrestling game since the 90s and I’m invested in AEW’s storylines, so it’ll make sense for me even if it ends up being a little week. I really want to go back and play a good WWE game for 360 or One, but I want one that has classic stars in it.
Im holding off till i see actual gameplay roster and all features. Ive been burned before not just on wrestling games either

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-11-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:33 PM   #2592
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I'm glad they don't blade anymore, but I respect the grit of the old timers like Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes who did it all the time. I've even seen Vince and Triple H do it.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:34 PM   #2593
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I'm glad they don't blade anymore, but I respect the grit of the old timers like Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes who did it all the time. I've even seen Vince and Triple H do it.
I think wwe should allow a little blood depending on the matches. Hell in a cell being at the top. Im not suggesting they be like czw but if Hell in a cell is supposed to be a scary dangerous structure with brutality it needs blood. Also gimmick ppvs need to be done away with. Elimination chamber Tlc and Hell in a cell use to be something special. For me it lost its excitement since its a yearly event not a match. I heard that there was controversy with mattel because the fiends first figure had his head lantern as a accessory so i wonder since mattel is a family company wwe changed a lot with there product. At least jakks had balls because they use to sell weapon packs from dogs shovels toilets crutches even coffins. Mattel wont do it because there family friendly

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-11-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #2594
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Quote:
I think wwe should allow a little blood depending on the matches. . .
Yeah, I'd go with rarely use it and only if they're both comfortable with it. They've done it some in AEW for events. Cody Rhodes, in particular, seems to still value color.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:05 PM   #2595
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, I'd go with rarely use it and only if they're both comfortable with it. They've done it some in AEW for events. Cody Rhodes, in particular, seems to still value color.

Like right now im listening to a wrestling seminar by ecw legend raven . You should YouTube it. Raven was saying in another video he likes wrestling being a soap opera where the viewer is left with a cliff hanger. The attitude era was like that. Biggest one i remember was who ran over Austin. Even the story of kane leading up to his debut in 97 was great. From paul bearer talking about takers parents to humanizing taker to even burning the parents bodies on raw

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-11-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:30 PM   #2596
Space Cop
The Dandy

Yeah, I guess that's true. Basically, you just have to make sure when wrestler A finishes a feud with B, that C crosses over. Or at least you have to make sure in any given show there are multiple story threads unresolved.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:20 PM   #2597
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, I guess that's true. Basically, you just have to make sure when wrestler A finishes a feud with B, that C crosses over. Or at least you have to make sure in any given show there are multiple story threads unresolved.
Yea or like when taker stalked stephanie with the ministry of darkness to own wwf. Heck even stone cold ceo was fun. It seems like wwe now is trying to tie in with reality tv . Between the bellas and miz having there own shows im like eh. If wwe did a reality show i want to see a day in the life of vince mcmahon putting a show Together and creative meetings in real time live as its happening. I like the behind the scenes stuff. I wanna see if all the people who did shoot interviews about him are just as crazy as they say he is.

Old 11-14-2020, 12:14 AM   #2598
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Wwe released zelina vega

Old 11-14-2020, 12:33 AM   #2599
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Really? Bizarre. She just got a push.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:43 AM   #2600
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
^Really? Bizarre. She just got a push.
She tweeted about supporting unionization and literaly 2 minutes later wwe released her. Its all about her twitch account. I follow her and paige on both. Wwe was forcing there talent to sign over there twitch and YouTube accounts. Since alister black is her husband people are worried wwe may bury him like lana till contact is up. I find this petty on wwes part but what do you expect from a company that continued a ppv after owen fell 90 feet to his death on live tv. If you saw his darkside of the ring episode vince tried suing owens widow. If wwe was unionized owen would be alive because they Wouldn't of allowed that stunt to happen.

Last edited by TazzMission; 11-14-2020 at 12:50 AM.