No announcement yet.

New York Comic Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So apparently there may be some after party with Rick Remender and Jerome Opena DJing. Pretty sure I'm gonna hit that up
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

NYCC 2012: All The Parties And Events Happening Outside New York Comic Con!

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11TH

BEN FOLDS FIVE
      WHERE: Javits Center, IGN Theater – 8pm
      PRICE: FREE, with VIP or 4-Day NYCC tix
      WHAT: Okay, fine, this is an event inside the Con; but it’s also a Ben Folds Five concert officially kicking off NYCC 2012, and that’s pretty sweet. Seating is first come first served, so line up now, probably.

RINGERS TAKE MANHATTAN
      WHERE: The Speakeasy at the Gin Mill, 422 Amsterdam Ave. – 8pm-11pm
      PRICE: $25 advance/$30 at the door
      WHAT: TheOneRing.net hosts their annual NYCC party, complete with food, drink, second breakfast, and some awesome prizes. Plus, the whole party is happening at 48 frames per second, which is probably really annoying!

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12TH

ROCK COMIC CON 4-NYC!
      WHERE: Rebel NYC, 251 W. 30th St. – 7pm
      PRICE: $12 advance/$15 at the door.
      WHAT: Nerd rockers Schaffer The Dark Lord, H2Awesome! and more are joined by Epic Win Burlesque and others for a raucous party/show to close out Night 2! Plus, it benefits the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, so you can feel good while rocking out with your comic book out.

THE MARY SUE/HER UNIVERSE MEET-UP
      WHERE: The Houndstooth Pub, 520 8th Ave. – 8pm
      PRICE: FREE
      WHAT: The delightful Mary Sue website, and Her Universe, purveyors of the clothes that make me jealous I’m not a lady team up to bring a free after con hangout, complete with swag from Her Universe’s (and MTV Geek live-stream host) Ashley Eckstein and artist Katie Cook.

THE BIG NYCC PARTY
      WHERE: The Houndstooth Pub, 520 8th Ave. – 8pm-Midnight
      PRICE: $10
      WHAT: Nope, your eyes don’t deceive you: this is the same exact location as the Mary Sue/Her Universe meet-up. This party, though, benefits The Hero Initiative, and features Image Comics superstars Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples, Justin Jordan, Tradd Moore, Sina Grace, and more. Side-note: I don’t know if you could head to the Mary Sue meet-up and sneak into this, but be nice, it’s for a good cause you jerks.

DRINKS FOR A CURE
      WHERE: Idle Hands Bar, 25 Ave. B – 9pm-??
      PRICE: FREE
      WHAT: The iFanboys host a party with Shirts For A Cure… But the real draw is DJing from Rick Remender and Jerome Opena, which means anyone who goes to this party will die in incredibly gut-wrenching and surprising ways.

DANCES OF VICE
      WHERE: The Gallery @ LPR, 158 Bleecker St. – 10pm-4am
      PRICE: $8 advance/$10 at the door
      WHAT: Dancing, with an emphasis on golden age scifi themes. Can’t wait to dance to an awesome remix of the Land of the Lost theme, you guys!

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13TH

3RD ANNUAL GGN #NYCC GEEK-OUT
      WHERE: STITCH Bar & Lounge, 247 W. 47th St. - 8pm
      PRICE: $5
      WHAT: Geek Girls Network offers a chill hang-out after the Con's big day, with some free swag. As of posting time, this was almost sold out, so snag yer tix quick.

THE 2ND ANNUAL DESIGNER TOY AWARDS
      WHERE: Providence NYC, 311 West 57th St. - 8PM
      PRICE: Free, or $49.99 for VIP Badges
      WHAT: For all those into custom minifigs, there's The Designer Toy Awards. Hosted by The Sucklord, the event promises awards, surprises, and freebies. And hey, if you don't like it, you can always make your own awards show.

COMIC CON AFTER PARTY
      WHERE: The Studio at Webster Hall, 125 E. 11th St. – 11pm-4am
      PRICE: $30, or free with a NYCC badge
      WHAT: It’s a Star Wars themed dance party at NYC’s iconic Webster Hall. Plus, dubstep by Steven Lions. I understand what one of those things is!

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14TH

THE ANACHRONISM
      WHERE: Club Element, 225 E. Houston St. - 4pm-11pm
      PRICE: $15 in advance, $20 at the door
      WHAT: Close out Comic-Con weekend with a steampunk inspired party with Halloween performances and more.

We’ll update this list with parties and events as we find out about them, so keep checking back! And if you have an event you want listed, shoot me an e-mail.
      More at this link too:

NYCC '12: Special Events
      Lantern A-train
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Lantern A-train; 10-11-2012, 03:42 PM.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Wow! Tons of things going on! I hope you guys have a great time. Take plenty of photos for the rest of us underprivileged folk for vicarious living purposes.

Comment

I went Thursday and Sunday. From now on, Thursday is the only day to go for me. Got to talk with artists and got some cool commisions done. I was able to hit every booth and check all the crap out. Found a good deal on an Animated Sinestro statue for $20. It was a great day. I was there so long I didn't go back Friday.

Went again Sunday, and screw that. It was so friggin' packed I hated it. Lines, crowds, couldn't see or do anything. Never again on a weekend.

Comment

I asked a friend of mine to take some snapshots while he was at the show for vicarious living purposes. Since nobody else knows how to take a photo around here ( ), here are some pics from the NYCC:

Comment

Here are a few more:

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post

I never pictured Bane as being that hairless. (I haven't seen Dark Knight Rises yet, so maybe he is there- though this is clearly the comics version.)

Comment

Nice!

Hopefully one of these years I'll make it to NYCC before it turns into SDCC where tickets will be hard to come by.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Working...
                  X