• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fog (1980)

"There's something in the fog!"

Pumpkinhead 4: Blood Feud (2007)

"There's only one way to stop it."

Bad. I could tell after about a minute that it was one of those Romania-standing-in-for-rural-America direct-to-DVD movies. Apparently, they didn't get word over there about how to make Molotov cocktails; what kind of cars they would've driven in WV fifty years ago, or that the Hatfield-McCoy feud has been done for generations.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-10-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• It's a very serious story, but the film as the trailers might suggest, it's actually really fun and awesome. It's cool to see Cruise doing something different from his usual action roles, and Liman's direction, along with even Beck's "rocking" score contribute to helping the overall film. I also quite like Gleeson in the movie, he had some good lines, and scenes. It's solid. 7.5 / 10

Comment

• Trick r Treat (2007)

"Ancient tradition?
        -Henry, it's Halloween, not Hanukkah."

My full moon movie for the month because it has werewolves and is a Halloween season one. I'm so ready for a sequel to this. Normally, I wouldn't say that for a clever horror movie, but since this is an anthology and since the director said he always envisioned a possible series linking around Sam, I think it more than calls for it.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-09-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Hacksaw Ridge (2016)

Comment

• The Monster Club (1981)

"Can we truly call this a monster club if we do not boast amongst our membership a single member of the human race?"

Originally posted by robojac View Post
            Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
            That was a good one. I like that he had the brief clips of the real people at the credits.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-09-2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Today was my nephew's 7th birthday (got him a Hot Wheels track U-turn booster section, my mom got him a LEGO Batman set), and my dad wanted to see Blade Runner 2049; he had no idea today was the party until I called so he had to hurry over for a short while.

I leave the party, go to dad's, and we saw a 4:30 showing in 3D.

In a word, amazing. The film is a direct sequel, following up after the first's events but it has a storyline all its own (doesn't stray, just doesn't copycat). The visuals are really just incredible, these expansive, larger-than-life sets when outside Los Angeles, more packed-in when showing the city, and this haunting soundtrack that makes me think of the ultra-slowed-down Edith Piaff song they played during all those moments in Inception.

Gosline is very good as K, hell the entire cast is solid as a rock (the evil CEO is a little shallow, but his raging god complex makes up for his lack of expression; he's definitely an off-the-beaten-path kind of villain).

The whole time you're trying to piece together all these clues and it feels like Keyser Soze all over again. The action is believable, nothing over-the-top (even the explosions are pretty tame).

Oh, and it has Elvis and Sinatra.

Bottom line, this is absolutely worth seeing. It isn't some dragged-out slog that's hours long, it actually has great pacing. Hell, if this thing doesn't win a shit-ton of people over, I will be totally shocked.

Very highly recommend.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Gargoyles (1972)

"And what if mankind isn't ready to be wiped off the face of the earth?"

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                ...my dad wanted to see Blade Runner 2049...Very highly recommend.
                I am so leery about this one. I love that the original ends ambiguously and hate the idea of answering those questions (just like I wouldn't want a Thing 2, Shining 2, or Star Wars VII). I assumed they were going one way with Deckard's status because of Ford's participation, but what I've heard recently makes me think they went the other way. Still, I wish some classics were untouched.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-09-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• If you can get a cheap showing, I'd still recommend seeing it.
                  Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Excellent movie, the more I thought about it leaving the theater, the more I liked it too, which makes its poor box office almost criminal. For a 2 hour and 43 minute including credits, it didn't feel long at all. In fact the story flowed perfectly, and if Deakins doesn't win an Oscar for it (which I know at this point he very likely won't), I think I'm going to scream. My only real regret is I wish I could have seen it on the biggest screen possible, otherwise I loved it! I'm definitely gonna check it out again. It deserves repeat viewing. - 9 / 10

Comment

• Rifftrax: Star Trek V (1989/2006)

"Star Trek 5--Shatner ruins the franchise."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                      If you can get a cheap showing, I'd still recommend seeing it.
                      I just might do that.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 10-09-2017, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• https://dailyuv.com/feed/925861

American Made review.

Comment

• Jaws of Satan [aka King Cobra] (1981)

"D'you know why a pig is like a saint?
                          -No, Father.
                          Because he gets more praise after he's dead that when he's alive."

Alright. Satan has a family grudge against small-town priest Farrow, so he descends on his town in the form of a snake plague.

The Kindred (1987)

"One thing I learned from my daddy: never cross a guy that's got the eyes of a killer."
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 10-19-2017, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Batman: Assault On Arkham (2014)

Comment

• [Dan Curtis'] Dracula (1974)

"I haved already dined."

The Devil's Candy (2015)

"He's right--you are the sweetest candy of them all. I have to do that thing I don't want to do now."

Thoughts in horror thread.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 10-17-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Blade Runner 2049

Mind blowing; one of the best sci-fi movies I've seen in years; stuck in my grey matter for days after.
                                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X