No announcement yet.

The (New) X-Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you have a better time of it than I did. I admit that I did not read all the dialog because that would have soaked up a bunch of my evening time at the store, but my general explanation given previously is the gist of it.

Anyway, I wasn't going to order House/Powers of X, but then I saw that the Diamond Previews order form allowed me to get the Skottie Young variant cover, so I needed that, because Skottie Goddamn Young.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• With Hickman taking over the X-books Marvel will be cancelling and relaunching the entire line:
      Did you always want to introduce this next era for the X-Men with House of X and Powers of X? How did this idea start for you?

JH:
      Okay, so, for the most part, I don't believe incrementalism works in fictional universes, and that, I think, is why almost every big franchise change that occurs has a delineated starting point. I mean, it does work, which is why the industry often abuses it as a sales tactic.

And in the spirit of 'what works' and also 'what the market is used to', I didn't feel like just doing a new number one was enough. I also didn't think that if we were serious about what we were trying to do we should have a mixed message in the market about what an X-book is.

So I argued for cancelling the entire line: Why it would work, why it was a good idea, and most importantly, why it was what we needed to do narratively to return the X-Men to their rightful prominent position in the Marvel Universe.

We needed to sell the idea that this is what we're going to be doing for the next few years. So if you want to read X-Men books during the run from late-July through September, House of X and Powers of X are the only new X-books available and everything that's going to follow is based on them. We wanted to be clear to the fans, to the stores, and just as importantly, to the creators who are going to be staffing these books in the future. We wanted the message to be very clear: This is a whole new era for the X-Men. This is what we're doing now.

And so, POX and HOX is how we're starting. It's a solid plan, I think.

Comment

• This will include the whole line, not just books with X-Men in the title. X-Force, Mr and Mrs X, X-23. All of the Age of X-Man, Wolverine and Domino miniseries end around that time anyway. This is a real culling.

Comment

• GOOD.

The stink on the X-books is that of death.

Comment

• Comment

• X-MEN #1
              Written by Jonathan Hickman
              Penciled by Leinil Francis Yu
              Cover by Leinil Francis Yu

A NEW ERA DAWNS FOR THE X-MEN!
              The X-Men find themselves in a whole new world of possibility… and things have never been better! Jonathan Hickman (HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, SECRET WARS) and superstar artist Leinil Yu (NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA) reveal the saga of Cyclops and his hand-picked squad of mutant powerhouses!
              NEW MUTANTS #1
              Issue 1 Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN & ED BRISSON
              Issue 2 Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
              Penciled by ROD REIS
              Cover by ROD REIS

THE NEXT GENERATION CLAIMS THE FUTURE!
              The classic New Mutants (Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Mirage, Karma, Magik, and Cypher) get together with a few new friends (Chamber, Mondo) to seek out their missing member and share the good news… a mission that takes them into space alongside the Starjammers!
              MARAUDERS #1
              Written by Gerry Duggan
              Penciled by Matteo Lolli
              Cover by RUSSEL DAUTERMAN
              On sale October 2019

THE X-MEN SAIL AT DAWN!
              Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts. Led by Captain Kate Pryde and funded by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Marauders Storm, Pyro, Bishop and Iceman sail the seas of the world to protect those hated and feared!
              EXCALIBUR #1
              Written by Tini Howard
              Penciled by Marcus To
              Cover by Mahmud Asrar
              On sale October 2019
              A NEW DAY IS FORGED!

Mutantkind has always been special…as has their relationship with the world—or WORLDS—around them. As this new era dawns, a new connection forms between mutants and the magic of the world… and that of Otherworld! Can the new Captain Britain forge a new way through the chaos with her companions Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor…and Apocalypse?!?
              FALLEN ANGELS #1
              Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
              Penciled by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
              Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
              On sale November 2019
              NOT ALL BELONG IN PARADISE!

Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind.
              X-FORCE #1
              Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
              Penciled by JOSHUA CASSARA
              Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
              On sale November 2019

THE COST OF THE FUTURE ISN’T CHEAP.
              X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world—one half intelligence branch, one half special ops. Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on one side, Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino on the other. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force. We’re not there… yet.

Comment

• Da fuq?

Wolfsbane and Pyro alive again? Jubilee (maybe) not a vampire anymore? Apocalypse working on an X-team?

Shit, now I have to check these out.

Comment

• Jubilee hasn't been a vampire for quite a while now.
                  https://www.cbr.com/x-men-jubilee-vampire-cure/2/

Comment

• Okay then. Didn't read that series, but at least it was a decent reversal.

Comment

• Wolverine and Jean Grey are on both X-Men and X-Force? Cyclops' team... he's related to everyone on the squad save for Wolverine? Black Tom is a member of this X-Force?!

The new spin-offs don't do anything for me. I was looking forward to seeing Havok as a kid [not sure why that's even a thing], but it seems he's already back to adulthood. Was hoping to see something with Multiple Man, but I'm sure this isn't the full line-up. If Colossus wasn't already on the 'Force I'd say I'd be more interested to see Juggernaut on the team than Black Tom.

And if they're bringing people back from the dead... I'd love to see classic Banshee return. Since they made Iceman gay I've had a hard time taking modern Marvel comics seriously.

Comment

• X-Men, maybe yes maybe no

New Mutants, is a maybe only cause i really like Chamber and would like to know how he's alive

Marauders, IS A H@LL NO the idea just seems dumb

Excalibur, is a no but mostly cause i don't think it'll be around long enough to care

Fallen Angels and X-Force, are both maybes

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• There is already a second wave of x-books planned.

Also the roster for Hickman's book is huge:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            There is already a second wave of x-books planned.

Also the roster for Hickman's book is huge:

ohfortheloveof............ SOME OF THOSE X-MEN ARE ALREADY DEAD

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Shit, no Avalanche? At least I get Polaris, Toad, Pyro, and Shark Girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X