Hot Toys - MMS - Green Lantern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Toys - MMS - Green Lantern

There was a mention of it in the merchandising thread but anyone who has HT figures knows this is a huge deal especially since they were playing coy on even having the license.

We are proud to present the license of the upcoming superhero action adventure movie Green Lantern by DC Comics and Warner Bros Pictures!

The Green Lanterns, protectors of peace and justice, are granted with rings that are bestowed with superpowers.

But when a new enemy threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of the Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit – a test pilot who may soon prove to be the greatest Green Lantern of all!

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night. In Our Darkest Hour, There Will Be Light.

The movie will be hitting the 3D and 2D theatres on June 16! The collectible of this movie will be coming! Stay tuned!

To watch the movie trailer and know more about the movie, please visit http://greenlanternmovie.warnerbros.com/.
    You'll have to forgive them for the oath misstep, I believe it was written somewhere it was a translation error. Seeing what they've done with the Christopher Reeve figure:

This is the best film related merchandising news one could hope for!

i am looking forward to this. Hopefully we can get Sinestro too.

http://www.twitter.com/TheOtherMarioC

Comment

Originally posted by twoeightonefour View Post
      This is the best film related merchandising news one could hope for!
      I disagree! Their figures are nice, but WAAAAY too expensive!

Given how utterly awesome DC Direct's own 13"/1:6 scale Deluxe Collector's Figures are at typically HALF the price of a Hot Toys release, I'm hoping DC Direct gives us a movie Hal in that scale. Now THAT would rock!

Comment

DCD licenses out their movie toys in this scale to Hot Toys. They did it with the Dark Knight and release it themselves to comic shops. I am sure you can find a discounted one once the solicitations hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
          Given how utterly awesome DC Direct's own 13"/1:6 scale Deluxe Collector's Figures are at typically HALF the price of a Hot Toys release, I'm hoping DC Direct gives us a movie Hal in that scale. Now THAT would rock!
          DCD 13" figures are literally shit comparted to Hot Toys.

These:

aren't even in the same ballpark as these:

Given that the DCD 13" figures were about $90 MSRP and that HT averages about $170, you definitely get what you pay for.

Comment

Maybe it is the pictures you chose to post, but I'm not seeing the "obvious" $80 difference in those two Batman figs...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Maybe it is the pictures you chose to post, but I'm not seeing the "obvious" $80 difference in those two Batman figs...?
              Me neither. The DC Direct ones still look fantastic. And DC Direct figures I can pre-order for about 32% off online... I doubt I can do that with the Hot Toys ones. Bottom line, the DC Direct ones are a terrific value, especially at 32% off MSRP!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                The joker has articulated eyesballs

Comment

I'm excited for the Hot Toys Green Lantern. Last summer I got the Dark Knight Hot Toys figures and they are some of the best figures I own. I'll be getting the GL one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
                    The joker has articulated eyesballs
                    So does this:

Comment

Lol. I'm handicapped by my work computer. When I get home later I'll post direct comparison pics. I believe Michael Crawford has a few. The difference is striking between any figure HT has done and DCD has (Superman Returns, both Batman films, The Comedian, etc)

Comment

Pics from the same reviewer over at www.mwctoys.com

DC Direct Dark Knight Batman

Hot Toys DX02 Dark Knight Batman

DC Direct Dark Knight Joker

Hot Toys DX01 Joker

I my opinion they are both swell and get the job done, but if the DC Direct release is a Nissan then the Hot Toys release is an Infinity.

Comment

You're totally right that you get what you pay for with Hot Toys - I've just never paid for them. Too rich for my blood. But they're always fantastic. DCD's are hit or miss. I think their Joker was okay, but their TDK Batman was terrible. I got the Justice Barman and it's awesome. I also got the SR one, and I find it's close enough the the Hot Toys version to be worth the price.

Really interested to see what either one would do with GL since a cloth costume seems like it would be out if place. I'm hoping they go for some kind of endoskeleton, since the DCD Dr. Manhattan looked pretty crummy with all his joints showing. I also expect a light-up feature for the Hot Toys figure since they did that with all their Iron Man figs.

Comment

The DC Direct Batman looks better than the other one. The other one looks like he's wearing hockey pants.
                            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                              The DC Direct Batman looks better than the other one. The other one looks like he's wearing hockey pants.
                              I think the actual quote was "hockey pads." but I always heard hockey pants, too. But I think that's just a bad pic, cause I've seen the real thing and it's sweet.

The DCD one is pretty bad, actually. He's got a cloth suit on and the the armor kinda floats over that. It's way too big and comes off as cheap. I was surprised because most of theirs are much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X