• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Cruz just became a New God?

What's going on?

https://screenrant.com/green-lantern-dc-new-god-comic/

shenanigans

Comment

The kiss of death for human Green Lanterns. Getting stuck in another franchises mythos. Hopefully she gets new powers, a new codename and that will be the beginning of the end for her. And GL fans won't have to gaze upon her much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
        The kiss of death for human Green Lanterns. Getting stuck in another franchises mythos. Hopefully she gets new powers, a new codename and that will be the beginning of the end for her. And GL fans won't have to gaze upon her much longer.
        Baz and Cruz being swept into some other story sans rings would be great, but I doubt that will be the end result for her since she's a big part of that new cartoon and DC will probably want to keep her somewhere for the families that watch it to go eventually.

Comment

My heart is hopeful DC will get rid of her but my brain is telling me you are right; DC almost HAS to keep Cruz arou d because she is a woman. If she stays I imagine over time her mental illness schtick will be swept away because they can't continue to promote a woman who is crazy...which I find odd because ALL women are crazy.

(Insert Mr Roper smirk gif here...)

Comment

Kiss of death--LOL! Sorry, bro, but this is just the latest sign that Jessica is rising in popularity and prominence. You might want to get some painkillers and strap in for a bumpy ride. There are several more injections of Jessica to come.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

If it was Baz, I'd think they might be serious. Jessica... this is undoubtedly sticky notes from WB to (try and) raise her stock profile before returning her to normal GL status. Unless they want to just send her back to the Corps with New Gods powers, which is also a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                Kiss of death--LOL! Sorry, bro, but this is just the latest sign that Jessica is rising in popularity and prominence. You might want to get some painkillers and strap in for a bumpy ride. There are several more injections of Jessica to come.
                Yeah, I'll pass on those injections. DC finally broke me of all my compulsive needs to be a Green Lantern completist. I spend my money on other things now. The end for DC publishing is coming anyway so my money isn't going to make a difference.

Comment

I only read the summary at the link, but that says that the ring resurrected her using the energy from Darkseid's omega beams. How that leads to speculation that her ring doing things makes her a New God now is beyond me. I'll have to read the issue later on.

Comment

Yeah, I'll pass on those injections. DC finally broke me of all my compulsive needs to be a Green Lantern completist. I spend my money on other things now. The end for DC publishing is coming anyway so my money isn't going to make a difference.
                    That won't happen until readers as a whole no longer want physical media. That is, at minimum, a few generations away.

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    I only read the summary at the link, but that says that the ring resurrected her using the energy from Darkseid's omega beams. How that leads to speculation that her ring doing things makes her a New God now is beyond me. I'll have to read the issue later on.
                    It's more likely that they're just setting her up for special status, ala the Warrior or White Lantern. In JL vs the Fatal Five, she's known as a legendary hero "Limelight" to the Legion of Super Heroes. This could be setting up some kind of arc like that.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I ended up reading the relevant parts of the issue. She is not a New God. Her corpse is full of Omega Beam energy, so one of the scanners of the ship she's on thinks that it detected New God presence. The issue explains that. Then the energy is used up to resurrect her, and it's gone.

Comment

good god DC we get it JC is the best thing EVER () you don't have to keep pushing it down our throats

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I did like the bit about Dex-Starr asking to eat her corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                            good god DC we get it JC is the best thing EVER () you don't have to keep pushing it down our throats
                            I wonder, is this how anti-Kyle fans felt when Kyle became Ion, then a White Lantern?

Comment

Working...
                            X