Favourite Ironman Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Ironman Film?

Well, it's been a while since a Deadpoll, so I decided to do this one!

So which of the three Ironman films are your favourite? Vote now!

Mine's Ironman 2, I felt it was a superior film. Good villain, good action, and the best Ironman suit in all the films (the silver Mk5).

Ironman 3 was alright, but a disappointment. The Mandarin revelation really pissed me off. Was funny but annoying. I was looking forward to a full on serious battle between the mandarin and Ironman with maybe a pinch of humour. After all the Mandarin is Ironman's nemesis. Plus the main suit was probably the worst in all the films.

Ironman 1 from what I remember was overrated and not enough action, but the last time I saw it was ages ago, probably not even in this decade, so my opinion probably would have changed by now.

Not that I've not included The Avengers as it's not an Ironman film, it's a film with Ironman in it. But if I did, I can imagine it coming last place.

Alright then that's my opinion, what's yours?
    Ironman
    60.00%
    Ironman 2
    15.00%
    Ironman 3
    20.00%
    Can't decide/not seen any/don't like any/and so on...
    5.00%
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Easy choice. Iron Man is easily the superior film of the trilogy. Nearly every component of a comic book movie you can measure, Iron Man was better than both the sequels. Put it this way, Iron Man is one of the best comic book movies ever, while the sequels wouldn't be on that list.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
      Drug Fueled Rambling

Comment

How dare you, it's not cocaine. I use heroin.
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Well, I haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet, so I guess I can't vote, but like Johnny, I think #1 is the best for Tony.

Comment

The original’s still the best, but I liked Iron Man 3 a lot.

Comment

Yeah, Iron Man 3 was an odd bird. From a technical standpoint, it's a very good movie. It's written well, directed well, the action scenes are incredible, it's funny. The movie moves along at a steady clip. As a comic book nerd, however, the Mandarin reveal was such a punch in the gut. It kind of felt like a slap in the face; Hollywood telling me someone like The Mandarin can't exist in the Marvel movie universe...SO FUCK YOU NERDS!

Comment

So a few days ago I just watched the first Ironman. Man was I wrong about that one.

The thing is last time I watched it, I was too young to appreciate anything that didn't have just plain action only through out the entire film, so that's why I have foul memories of it. Now I'd rate it at about the same as Ironman 2, but I like Whiplash in 2, so yolo or whatever.

Ironman 3 still sucks donkey balls though.

Comment

Ironman 3 still sucks donkey balls though.
                  I wouldn't go that far, but I didn't care for it. The funny thing is, the movie had all the elements that you would want in a good, summer action popcorn flick, but for me, it just fell flat. The ending was stupid, the villain was lame and Stark couldn't seem to take anything seriously.

Comment

The main problem was it's to comedic. The new director I felt didn't capture the feel that the previous two films had. Plus he's fucked up the Mandarin. While it was quite funny, I wanted a serious film. I wanted Mandarin to maybe even be a bit like Bane in TDKR.

Plus that film gave us the ugliest Ironman suit in living history.

Comment

The main problem was it's to comedic. The new director I felt didn't capture the feel that the previous two films had.
                      I actually agree with you here. Stark was too quippy, almost how Spiderman is supposed to be, and everything had to be a hee-hee haw-haw moment. The first movie was a perfect blend of humor, action and drama, and remains my favorite of the three.
                      Sylent_Asassin
                      Black Lantern
                      Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 10-10-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                        A actually agree with you here. Stark was too quippy, almost how Spiderman is supposed to be, and everything had to be a hee-hee haw-haw moment. The first movie was a perfect blend of humor, action and drama, and remains my favorite of the three.
                        I completely agree with you on everything there (accept I like 2 as much as 1 at least).

If they were doing an ironman 4 which I think is likely to happen, they should go back to the original director, or at least keep that new one (was it Shane Black or something?) the hell away from the franchise. And no Joss Weedon either. I don't like the cheesiness he seems to bring to his work, if he has to do a marvel thing, just let him keep Avengers and that shit as hell SHEILD program. let someone else do Ironman.

And did anyone else think it was stupid in 3 when Tony blew up all his suits without a second of thought? Yeah it was a romantic move, but what if there was one more infected dude he hadn't killed? He'd be fucked. Not even kept one suit in case of emergencies?

For IF4, I'd rather they go back to the more serious tone and yet that perfect blend of a sensible amount of humour 1&2 had. And give him a decent suit again. I didn't like the Avengers main suit much, and I hated the IF3 main suit with a passion.

Comment

I agree with that assessment of IM3. I liked it as a Tony Stark movie, and I thought the first half of the movie was executed brilliantly. It just seemed like when it came time for the film to climax, Black lost his handle on things. Instead of things heightening to a crescendo, they just puttered out. I thought the special effects in the movie were the best we've seen from all three though.

Comment

What little there were.

Yeah, the first half wasn't bad. It had the right balance of humour there. I especially liked the relationship between Tony and that kid. "Because we're connected", lol. But pretty much after that it went down a great big shit hole which tainted the rest of the movie. I wonder what Ironman 4 will be like (if there is one)

Comment

My favorite Iron Man movie is The Avengers.

Comment

Working...
                              X