Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.2fefb045d4d9

Retired Master Sgt. Wilburn K. Ross, an Army machine-gunner who received the Medal of Honor for single-handedly fighting back eight German counterattacks during a World War II battle in France, died May 9 in Washington state. He was 94.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Bummer. I thought he was underrated as an actor.

He's great in Twin Peaks & those Quentin Tarantino films he was in. RIP indeed. A very talented actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
        He's great in Twin Peaks & those Quentin Tarantino films he was in. RIP indeed. A very talented actor.
        I have to try Twin Peaks. I suspect I'm really going to like it because I'm a bit of a Lynch fan and it had great actors, but I suspect when I get started, I'll be binging it. I was watching Backbeat the other night and Astrid was played by Sheryl Lee. When I was looking up her info, IMDb said that she was notable for starting her career as a corpse.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 05-13-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I have to try Twin Peaks. I suspect I'm really going to like it because I'm a bit of a Lynch fan and it had great actors, but I suspect when I get started, I'll be binging it. I was watching Backbeat the other night and Astrid was played by Sheryl Lee. When I was looking up her info, IMDb said that she was notable for starting her career as a corpse.
          Yup. I'd also recommend Fire Walks With Me, but not after you see the show & understand what's going on. It's definitely not an easy series to understand or get into it right away.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TheFilmStage/sta...319104/photo/1

RIP! Powers Boothe has died.

Aw damn, great character actor. I loved his voice too.

Comment

RIP! Powers Boothe has died.
              Aw damn, great character actor. I loved his voice too.
              Yeah, he was a good one. I kept seeing his name in cartoons and video games I liked. He was also great in Deadwood as the first baddie that could give Ian McShane a run for his money.

Comment

• This is the same man*who played a cowboy, senator and an super-intelligent gorilla, and all played them superbly. I love his voice to boot as well. RIP, respect!
                Mister.Weirdo
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 09-18-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Powers Booth was amazing! That is sad news indeed. I loved seeing him in anything he showed up in. He was fantastic in Deadwood and Sin City.

Comment

• Yo.

/salute
                    /kneel
                    /mourn

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I just posted a link to the TV movie Guyana Tragedy in the Videos forum.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MichaelChiklis/s...13982212464641

John Cygan has passed away (The Commish, VA of Solidus Snake etc).

Comment

• http://variety.com/2017/film/news/br...nt-1202426862/

Brad Grey, the former Paramount Pictures chairman and CEO, died on Sunday night of cancer. He was 59.

And this was months after he was ousted from the studio. The hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                            Yup. I'd also recommend Fire Walks With Me, but not after you see the show & understand what's going on. It's definitely not an easy series to understand or get into it right away.
                            Well, I watched the pilot and first episode and am digging it already. All the weirdness aside, it's just got good characterization, which I've come to expect with Lynch. In some ways, it feels like an expansion of themes in Blue Velvet, especially the idea of sweet, small-town life having a dark underbelly. I love MacLachlan's character. It'll be a while before I get to Parks, though. Looks like he's a season two character (though season one is short).

Comment

• http://westernboothill.blogspot.com/...ve-sandor.html

Actor Steve Sandor has died.

Comment

Well, I watched the pilot and first episode and am digging it already. All the weirdness aside, it's just got good characterization, which I've come to expect with Lynch. In some ways, it feels like an expansion of themes in Blue Velvet, especially the idea of sweet, small-town life having a dark underbelly. I love MacLachlan's character. It'll be a while before I get to Parks, though. Looks like he's a season two character (though season one is short).
                                The second season is a bit of a mess, but the finale is absolutely aces. Definitely recommend to keep watching it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X