John Stewart Origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Stewart Origin

I haven't been reading comics the last couple of years.

Did John Stewart ever get an actual origin story in the New52 or are he, Guy and Kyle still running around without any actual explanation as to how/when/why they got their rings the first time?

I eagerly anticipate the idiotic non-answers this question will inevitably inspire.

Don't think it's been brought up in awhile but I'm pretty sure Hal is the only one for sure having shown up in the earlier issues of Secret Origins.

~KL~

Comment

See Secret Origins #9 for John's New 52 origin.
      ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

He killed a planet!

He has a dead wife!

He fights crime!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
          See Secret Origins #9 for John's New 52 origin.
          Can't you just sum it up for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
            Can't you just sum it up for me?
            It was essentially the broad strokes of his pre-Flashpoint story: he was the backup to the backup. Xanshi was destroyed.

He's also the son of a social activist now.

Comment

They touch on the Builder and Destroyer aspect as well

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                It was essentially the broad strokes of his pre-Flashpoint story: he was the backup to the backup. Xanshi was destroyed.

He's also the son of a social activist now.
                It was actually quite a bit different. None of the other Green Lanterns from Earth were mentioned or present, and neither was Xanshi. I don't believe John was ever a backup in this continuity. There's never been anything about that mentioned.

John is the son of a social activist. He enlisted in the Marines to pay for college. He left after an incident when his superior officer was abusing his position and John stood up to him. Afterward, he went to school and became an architect. He was hired by Carol Ferris. While on the job the Guardians sent a Manhunter robot to attack Carol. John--with no superpowers--tried to protect her but got beat up. Then a ring went to him. He got it and used it to defeat the Manhunter and save Carol. He was then transported to Oa to meet the Guardians. They talked to John in their chamber and then sent him out to get trained by Kilowog. Apparently all throughout John's life, the Guardians were watching him. They took him into the Corps but were worried that John would stand against them at some point.
                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Okay. I can't keep straight what was revealed in what issue. But Xanshi has been said to still be his error.

Comment

Thanks! I'm glad he finally got an origin.

Comment

Working...
                    X