Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i blame DC for our low numbers , if they'd only make Kyle great again ("if you make him great again they will come")

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

GL and DC in general just ain't that interesting to me anymore. Most of this forum is the same topics over and over again and it's not that inviting TBH.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

Originally posted by G'nortDoggie88 View Post
        GL and DC in general just ain't that interesting to me anymore. Most of this forum is the same topics over and over again and it's not that inviting TBH.
        '

"You didn't have to tell it like it is."

Comment

You wouldn't happen to be Fox420 from the old, old, OLD DC boards would you?

Comment

i am busy elsewhere myself.. but kind of wondered how the boards been doing...
            http:thejourneyofakaijusamurai.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
              You wouldn't happen to be Fox420 from the old, old, OLD DC boards would you?
              Nope. The name is vaguely familiar but outside of a few hilarious threads I don't remember anything worthwhile from those forums.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

Man, those DC forums were forever ago! Good times though.

Comment

I was on the DC boards (remember speaking with some of you) and with the same name, but I fell away from boards and didn't make the exodus to this board until it was over a year old.

Comment

As far as inviting, I think the people are okay, for the most part, but I agree on the same topics over and over again. This forum has pretty much just been Trey Strain's mental masturbation for a while. Nearly every discussion comes down to his (in my opinion, bad) ideas for how to fix Green Lantern, because he brings that stuff up everywhere he posts, and that discussion is interesting one, maybe two times, but not forty two.

Members like that on forums are interesting (I've had some before on my aforementioned board), because, while it's true they are probably the main ones putting out content and creating discussion for the forum, the quality of discussion is very poor, because, in this case, it's so redundant. So, it's like, what do you do? Stomach the bad discussion, because maybe bad discussion is better than no discussion, or do you put a plug on that somehow, and if you do, will that hurt the forum even more? An interesting dilemma.
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I too was on the DC forums as The Kid Lantern and vaguely remember a few of you. It's sad thinking I've been calling Trey an idiot now for nearly two decades...

~//V\\~

Comment

Man that was forever ago. I was posting there in '99 and maybe '98 too. So many interesting posters there on all the forums. Remember the tranny that was huge into WW and was CONSTANTLY bringing up the need for an action figure of her with ROOTED hair? He went on about it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                          As far as inviting, I think the people are okay, for the most part, but I agree on the same topics over and over again. This forum has pretty much just been Trey Strain's mental masturbation for a while. Nearly every discussion comes down to his (in my opinion, bad) ideas for how to fix Green Lantern, because he brings that stuff up everywhere he posts, and that discussion is interesting one, maybe two times, but not forty two.

Members like that on forums are interesting (I've had some before on my aforementioned board), because, while it's true they are probably the main ones putting out content and creating discussion for the forum, the quality of discussion is very poor, because, in this case, it's so redundant. So, it's like, what do you do? Stomach the bad discussion, because maybe bad discussion is better than no discussion, or do you put a plug on that somehow, and if you do, will that hurt the forum even more? An interesting dilemma.
                          I've never been anything but civil to you. You just have some unusual idea about the Guardians and you assume that I don't like it, and you're offended. What in the hell?

BTW, your artwork looks like a third grader drew it, but I've been too polite to tell you that. Now that you've been rude to me, I'll feel free to say so. I could draw better with my left hand. Sorry to pop your bubble.

If you have anything interesting to say, then start a thread and say it. I'm not stopping you. I post only in a small minority of threads, and it's usually the ones I've started. People have stopped talking about Green Lantern everywhere, not just here. But you claim that I've stopped them. That's rich. People have stopped talking about Green Lantern for the same reason they've stopped buying it -- because it just sucks. But by God, DC had damned well better not reboot it! Fifteen fanboys might have a fatal stroke, and DC would lose $45 a month!

Meanwhile, on this backwater message board, I've said that the ring constructs are childish, and some people are appalled by that. I've also said that GL shouldn't be all about Hal, because even after all the pushing he's got, he still isn't a star, and some people are appalled by that too. That's the problem on message boards. Aging fanboys go there to adamantly fight for and protect their favorite characters and tropes, even though they don't sell any comics, and to hell with anything else. What that's all about is mutual masturbation by a handful of geezers.

OK, they're entitled to do that. But so what? If someone has the audacity to not join in the whacking, then they'll just have to deal with it.
                          Trey Strain
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-05-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

hey it's up to 84 now

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                              hey it's up to 84 now
                              Then they'd lose $60 a month if those 15 fanboys died of strokes. They'd pick up a lot more than $60 in increased business.

Comment

Fucking Christ did he bring his vision of GL into ANOTHER conversation?! It's quite literally in every topic he posts in....

~//V\\~

Comment

Working...
                                X