Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't see that bit. The formatting of the page was messed up on my browser. But the fact that it was a hoax should be obvious, anyway. Can you imagine what DS graphics would look like blown up on a TV? And how would you play ANY DS games on only one screen?

Comment

• yeah it was formatted shitty here too.

Comment

• Just beat American Consumption in Blacklist, and damn, the start of the level is awesome: a Winter Wonderland inside a presentation hall at night.

The rest of the level wasn't too shabby, either, though stopping the attack was a bit of a clutch.

Previous to that was Mirawa, Iraq, where you have to snipe a bunch of dudes from overhead (like the C-130 missions in COD) without them seeing it coming, which means shooting them from left to right, and then you play normally as Sam moving from a riverbed through a village.

Since I beat all of Grim's missions, I unlocked the best stealth outfit, though I design's a little off (think MGS's The Boss's silver costume, but with flaky arms like The End's leaves; and there's a horizontal tube running under your pecs, which looks funny).
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Blood Dragon sells a million copies, expect more like it

Comment

• You Aren't The Only One Taking A Day Off For Grand Theft Auto V

Here's a rather frank but hilarious notice spotted by lukedoof in front of a small British games shop called Console Yourself. Why bother opening the store when they know their customers and staff alike will be busy playing Grand Theft Auto V the day after launch day? It's good thinking, if you ask me.

I guess this is a good a place as any to announce Kotaku will be offline on September 17th and 18th, right? (Kidding, people.)

At least they're honest...

Comment

• Yo.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-h...9/SS-2-324628/

Valve to Test Wider Sharing of PC Games

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• So after the Abandoned Mill level, you switch to disc 2 of Blacklist for the last few missions.

Special Missions HQ is the Qods Headquarters in Tehran, Iran. And goddamn is it making me think of the heyday of Splinter Cell. Level was very, very well done.

Honestly, though, I'm not entirely liking Sam's personality anymore. He's acting like a total dick, and for all the wrong reasons.

Back to Mill, though: it's the rainy nighttime factory level showcased in demos, and I totally love it. The design/layout is just beautiful. I'm going to enjoy play through it multiple times.

Comment

• Yo.

did a runthru of the No Mercy -scenario in L4D awhile back, with a couple who had just come back to the game after a few years away, but had stuck to Normal; the 3rd player convinced'em to kick the difficulty up to Adv, and it was interesting in seeing how slowly it took them to adapt. theres only a few differences 'tween the 2 settings (easier to get incapacitated, regular infected hits hurt more, Specials atk more freq, and the Tank is MUCH harder to kill) but beyond that nothing else is really any different........but somehow their hesitancy actually forced me to take the POINT position between safe houses, and Im acting like a tour guide to routes which havent changed in the least, but now here urging them to keep up and stop straggling so much (doing so makes the Game Director AI send out an infected horde wave from any nearby entryway to move dat ass!)

so anywho, we've just completed the NM-finale and we've only just to get onboard the copter @ the helipad to get the "The Survivors have escaped!" -msg when everything goes to shit all around me; we go thru 2 tanks ppl getting knocked around (but no deaths) and could completed it with all 4 getting away.....but 1 by 1 they all just got dropped. I mean we were 20ft (if THAT!) from the copter and all of them just got tripped up by *watever* (I had gotten doused w/Boomer blood from 1 that had been shot right by me, but had a grenade to shoo off the incoming horde rush), but the problem was that explosion had moved me off from my intended path, and by the time I could see clearly again I was the only 1 on his feet. now Im a decent player; I play this game under the "do unto others....." -mantra, and that usually bears fruit in other players behavior (not ALWAYS, but usually) so natch I moved back to help'em up, but by this point that Z-grenade had already gone off and the Tank was coming (the ground was shaking & I could hear him roaring, so that meant he was REAL CLOSE) AND a new horde was rushing in..........

man, I left ALL they asses behind; I feel a lil guilty cuz they didnt get the achievement for surviving that campaign, but not too badly.

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Who's getting GTA V next week? *raises hand, then digs through wallet for Target gift cards*

I just hope there aren't too many chasing missions where you are given a slow car with bad handling. Those drive me crazy! I still haven't finished the last game. I got frustrated and gave up on the final mission. I couldn't make that damn jump with the bike while chasing the last guy.

*pick up speed* Bike falls into the water. *He got away... Mission Failed*

DAMN!!!
                    Sylent_Asassin
                    Black Lantern
                    Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 09-13-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• If I have to give blood, I will. But I will own GTAV next week no matter what. The Ass Kickin' Squad of JohnnyV and Tazer must continue on in GTAV. I think we'd definitely like to have Sylent join the squad.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• LOL. Sounds like fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                          LOL. Sounds like fun!
                          Tazer tries to drive, we might end up flying off a cliff out in the mountains...but it'll be fun on the way.

Comment

• Got no taste for the series anymore, so not me.

Comment

• Yo.

GTA V might be a buy, it'll prolly be on the pc for me as my x360 is still not spinning the discs (and Ive let my gold membership fall to the wayside........)

Tazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                                Yo.

GTA V might be a buy, it'll prolly be on the pc for me as my x360 is still not spinning the discs (and Ive let my gold membership fall to the wayside........)

Tazer

Comment

Working...
                                X