Justice League movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
    I hope it bombs. If WB insists on giving us garbage, it deserves to bomb to show them that we want movies the level of quality of WW.
    Yea, it's flopping, projections have only lowered after yesterday.

At this point I'd say the only DC movies guaranteed to be made are Aquaman (since it's already finished shooting) and Wonder Woman 2, everything else is in question after JL's performance so far.

Comment

• I wish you guys would see it for yourselves and make your own judgement instead of just wanting it to fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
        I wish you guys would see it for yourselves and make your own judgement instead of just wanting it to fail.
        I would. Sales and critics don't usually dissuade me if I'm really interested. But I guess I'd have to say I'm only minutely interested. I haven't liked a Snyder movie in years. I don't like the the look of a lot of the characters. I hated the jokes in the trailer and Flash in particular got on my nerves just from those two minutes (let alone two hours). So, I'm pretty sure I can wait until it hits BD. Maybe I will see it anyway (I have some discount tickets), but there's other movies I'd rather see.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 11-18-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• I saw it and enjoyed it but it was obvious the movie was changed around a bit between filming and editing. I liked a lot of what we got with Cyborg, and while Aquaman is probably the character I was rooting for... I think Mamoa as Aquaman NEEDS the harpoon hand if they insist on giving us *this type* of Aquaman.

The one thing I'd never do as a film agency is hire the competition, didn't they learn anything from the early 2000's? WB thought they struck gold when they got the guy who did the first two X-Men movies to direct Superman Returns [Singer]. And in spite Fox/Marvel got the guy who was supposed to direct Superman Returns originally [Ratner] and BOTH films sucked. If they announce the guy who was originally set to direct Ant Man to do the Atom I MIGHT get excited since he basically said "f Marvel and Disney" on his way out.

I'd give it 7 outta 10.

~//V\\~

Comment

I wish you guys would see it for yourselves and make your own judgement instead of just wanting it to fail.
            I saw it and like I said I think Geoff Johns has some blame he clearly had his fingers all over this like in Green Lantern movie

WB/DC just doesnt learn

Comment

• Yeah I’d bet Geoff had a big hand in turning Batman into Tony Stark

Comment

• i'm sorry but what part of

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                just got back from seeing it
                wasn't clear

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I saw Justice League over the weekend and I left the theater disappointed despite the poor reviews and Rotten Tomatoes score.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I saw the movie over the weekend expecting it to be an absolute disaster and was pleasantly surprised. The theater saw a packed house on Sunday afternoon and the film ended to a thunderous applause from patrons. It wasn't that great for me, but it was fun and the characters were engaging, elements that had been void in most of DC's films.

The editing was horrible and the villain was weak, but for me, the most disappointing thing was the end credits, mostly because I do not like this version of Luthor. Still, I'll look forward to the next installment.

Comment

• IIRC, the audience I saw Green Lantern with applauded, but it was the midnight show and they were probably just psyched to be there.

Comment

• As with Green Lantern, the problem isn't so much the gross as it is the budget. Once again, the spending got out of hand. This writer says that JL will have to gross $700M worldwide to show a profit. Wonder Woman has grossed $821M to date.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-...ar-1202211094/
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-21-2017, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                          As with Green Lantern, the problem isn't so much the gross as it is the budget. . .
                          Yeah. GL actually made back its production budget, but the suspected bloated development and advertising made it a loser. Had it been a small movie or an indie it would've been considered an okay box office but for a big, summer comic movie it was a flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Yeah. GL actually made back its production budget, but the suspected bloated development and advertising made it a loser. Had it been a small movie or an indie it would've been considered an okay box office but for a big, summer comic movie it was a flop.
                            There was too much unnecessary CGI. They could have written that stuff out. The **cough cough** ring constructs too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                              There was too much unnecessary CGI. They could have written that stuff out. The **cough cough** ring constructs too.
                              I agree about it having too much CGI (the suit in particular), but overall I liked how the constructs came out and I've actually used the street battle (where Hal goes from using a shield, to a catapult, to an anti-aircraft gun) as an explanation to people who know I'm a GL fan why I like him more than other heroes.

Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 11-21-2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Eh, I'm certainly not rooting for it to fail and I will see it in theaters eventually. The whole ignore critics and make your own judgement ship sailed with BvS, the difference in opening weekends shows that the general audience just isn't going to be invested in the DCEU without good critical reception moving forward.

Originally posted by Noct View Post
                                I saw it and like I said I think Geoff Johns has some blame he clearly had his fingers all over this like in Green Lantern movie
                                Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                                Yeah I’d bet Geoff had a big hand in turning Batman into Tony Stark
                                There's probably more than enough blame to go around between Snyder, Tsujihara, Johns and Whedon.
                                Hypo
                                Lil' Leaguer
                                Last edited by Hypo; 11-21-2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X