Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future State: Green Lantern Announced

Justice League Family

A thread of great change runs through the Justice League heroes: a new League is built upon secret identities (even from each other), but an old and evolved enemy will use these secrets to try and overthrow the world. For the supernatural heroes of Justice League Dark, the very fabric of reality has shifted, and heroes are being hunted.

For Flash, Shazam, and the Teen Titans, it all begins when the four Riders of the Apocalypse unleash hell in a battle at Titans Academy, Barry Allen is cut off from the Speed Force, a Famine-controlled Wally West may be beyond saving, and Billy Batson makes a deal with the devil that will change Shazam forever. Off-world, John Stewart and the remaining Green Lanterns are stranded in the shadow of a dead power battery; Jackson Hyde and Andy Curry are separated across the galaxy; and Amanda Waller executes her ultimate plan with a new but terrifyingly familiar Suicide Squad on Earth-3.

At the end of time, Swamp Thing reveals its true intention, ruling supreme until a remnant of humanity launches a rebellion, and Black Adam looks to the past as the only way to save the future of the Multiverse.
    Oversized Comics:
    • Future State: Green Lantern #1-2
      • Last Lanterns, by Geoffrey Thorne and Tom Raney
      • Tales of the Green Lantern Corps, by Josie Campbell, Ryan Cady and Ernie Altbacker, with Sami Basri and Clayton Henry

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    Another story about "the fabric of reality." And it isn't just the universe that's about be destroyed. Oh no. This time it's the whole Multiverse!

Superman or somebody should take "the fabric of reality" to a reputable dry cleaner's and be done with that problem.
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-15-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Guy Gardner and G’nort?

I’ll take them where I can get them at this point.

Comment

What is this, an ongoing thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          What is this, an ongoing thing?
          Two issue mini, I believe.

Comment

Yes, the entire Future State event is a set of oversized anthology issues, miniseries and one shots set over two months showing possible futures. All this stuff isn't even necessarily in the same future I believe.

Comment

FUTURE STATE: GREEN LANTERN #1
              "The Last Lanterns" written by GEOFFREY THORNE
              "The Last Lanterns" art by TOM RANEY
              "The Book of Guy" written by ERNIE ALTBACKER
              "The Last Lanterns" art by CLAYTON HENRY
              "The Taking of Sector 123" written by RYAN CADY
              "The Taking of Sector 123" art by SAMI BASRI
              cover by CLAYTON HENRY
              card stock variant cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
              ON SALE 1/12/21
              $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
              CARD STOCK COVER $6.99 US

Assigned to map and contact new lifeforms past the 3,600 known sectors of space protected by the Green Lantern Corps, John Stewart and an elite team of Lanterns are trapped behind enemy lines and fighting for their lives when the Central Power Battery goes dark and leaves the entire corps defenseless.

Meanwhile, across the cosmos, Green Lantern Jessica Cruz finds herself powerless and forced to battle the invading Yellow Lanterns of the Sinestro Corps, and Guy Gardner, trapped on a distant world, decides to reopen Warriors Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Show View Post
                Guy Gardner and G’nort?

I’ll take them where I can get them at this point.
                Except Guy's going to be so far away from it all he might as well not be appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                  Except Guy's going to be so far away from it all he might as well not be appearing.
                  Potentially, all for the better. I wouldn’t mind a story with Guy on his own since I’m not planning on following this event very closely anyway.

Comment

I'm excited to see Jo brought into DC proper and to catch up with Guy. I could do without G'Nort in perpetuity, but its only a 2-month event, so I'll stomach him to get the good stuff.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

With everything they could've done with Green Lantern.... they give us Far Sector girl and a bunch of powerless GL's. Meanwhile, in the rest of the DCU.... new Aqua-people, new Batmen and Batgirls, multiple new Flashes, new Supermen....

Looks like disappointment will be par for the course. DC is actually attempting another Guardians of the Galaxy type team, but it's completely made up of de-powered Lanterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                        With everything they could've done with Green Lantern.... they give us Far Sector girl and a bunch of powerless GL's. Meanwhile, in the rest of the DCU.... new Aqua-people, new Batmen and Batgirls, multiple new Flashes, new Supermen....

Looks like disappointment will be par for the course. DC is actually attempting another Guardians of the Galaxy type team, but it's completely made up of de-powered Lanterns.
                        Just remember this is clearly 5G with a different coat of paint.

Comment

Power, de-power. Power, de-power. Never learning the lessons of the past.

Every Green Lantern power battery should be made like Kyle Rayner's (used to be) - crafted from the Central Power Battery itself, good for 1,000,000,000 years on its' own, able to make rings and power batteries on its' own. This "transdimensional link from CPB to the individual batteries (and even the rings)" is a disastrous design flaw. Even Sinestro exploited it with his Sinestro Corps to shut them down remotely. And if the Alpha Lanterns had lived, each of them could have been an independent battery, recharging hundreds of Green Lanterns each day in far-off realms.

No, the writers have to de-power the GLC and the GLs, making them fight with just their fists. Sigh. I'm not looking forward to this type of story being recycled.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                            Every Green Lantern power battery should be made like Kyle Rayner's (used to be) - crafted from the Central Power Battery itself, good for 1,000,000,000 years on its' own, able to make rings and power batteries on its' own.
                            I dunno. I mean I think it makes sense for the Guardians to reserve the ability to cut off power to a GL that goes rogue (even though they don't seem to exercise that very much), and in order to do that they CAN'T give GLs batteries that are completely independent.

Comment

The art looks good but the story is what i worry about . I havent bought a book since 2013 2014. Now do they give us more story pages or is it 8 pages of story and evreything else is filler with ads?
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                              X