i might be wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i might be wrong...

I'm confused, and it could be me but when some one becomes a red don't they throw up there heart as red fluid? I only as as I'm rereading red lanterns and when Jack Moore becomes rankkor he clames his heart continues to beat as it felt it was going to explode.

This could be me being a fool.
    Looking for SDCC 2009 Hal's RED Orange Blue Yellow and Green as well as GL Heroclix and War of Light Heroclixs PM me Please!!

Nope. New 52!
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Ah man! That's a joke! I loved the shear brutality of that! It was a huge selling point of the RL's. I feel like I've lost respect for them as a whole now. Back to fear it is then...
      Looking for SDCC 2009 Hal's RED Orange Blue Yellow and Green as well as GL Heroclix and War of Light Heroclixs PM me Please!!

Comment

I thought originally they didn't lose their heart, just all their blood, which was replaced by Red energy or something.

I know Atrocitus had a heart, even after putting on a red ring, until it was ripped out in one comic. He managed to survive, so that, to me, shows both that the ring CAN function in place of a heart AND that it doesn't automatically do so.

Comment

Hmmmm intresting, I swear the they threw up there hearts as napalm and that's what there needed there rings to survive

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Hmmmm intresting, I swear the they threw up there hearts as napalm and that's what there needed there rings to survive
            Well, even if it only replaced all their blood, they'd still need their rings to survive. I'm pretty sure that, in most cases, if you instantly lost all your blood at once, you'd be pretty dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Well, even if it only replaced all their blood, they'd still need their rings to survive. I'm pretty sure that, in most cases, if you instantly lost all your blood at once, you'd be pretty dead.
              Valid point! Can't say I know anyone who lost all there blood and survived

Comment

Right, in RL 9 page 27 it's stated "when we became red lanterns, our hearts burst and where replaced by the power ring" followed by "our veins stretched and were filled with the liquid fire of the red light"

So looks like we where both right mister ed!

Comment

Seem to recall that in Rage of the Red Lanterns there was heart-puking involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    I thought originally they didn't lose their heart, just all their blood, which was replaced by Red energy or something.

I know Atrocitus had a heart, even after putting on a red ring, until it was ripped out in one comic. He managed to survive, so that, to me, shows both that the ring CAN function in place of a heart AND that it doesn't automatically do so.
                    One of the black lanterns ripped out his heart, which only caused him to pass out for a couple of seconds before being brought back to the BABUMBUMBUM music.

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                    Seem to recall that in Rage of the Red Lanterns there was heart-puking involved.
                    I'd have to go back and find it, but didn't Laira puke up her heart, which is why she died when Hal severed her connection to the ring?
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

From what I recall they don't throw up their hearts, what they vomit out is their blood which is replaced with the red energy.

That is why they need a blue lantern's ring or Mogo to reverse the process without it killing them.

Comment

Working...
                      X