The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 05-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #926
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

the Maxx was *def* an understated & ignored title, and REALLY did not fit the mold for most of wat came out of Image product-wise.....

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #927
Tazer

Yo.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/fil...rhero-universe

Quote:
Tom Hardy's casting as Venom is a masterstroke for Sony's superhero universe

A leading man with the skill to illuminate Eddie Brock’s twisted soul, Hardy is sure to turn the limited raw materials of this antihero into a titan of cinema

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #928
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Thing is though.... look at what else they're trying to put out with Spiderman taking more of a back seat. Black Cat could possibly hold down a spin off movie from Spiderman, but just giving her a team up film with a lame character like Silver Sable?!? And then there's the Sinister 6... who sure as shit ain't the Guardians of the Galaxy or the Suicide Squad. And if their motivation for forming is ANYTHING other than getting back at Spiderman.... then it's just a bad adaption.

Aside from what they've got, if it were me and they just HAD to have more villain films or anti-hero films... I'd reintroduce the world to a reforming Sandman. Hell if Sony kept playing ball with Marvel/Disney you could do like the Ult. Spiderman cartoon and involve Fury and SHIELD with his rehabilitation. At one time he WAS a reserve Avenger...

~//V\\~
-//V\\- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:54 PM   #929
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

This is a scattershot attempt to blame Marvel's decline on everything but its snowflakery. It sounds remarkably like the many attempts by commentators to deny that ESPN's political commentary is what's chasing the channel's viewers away.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...Zve?li=BBnbfcN
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:48 AM   #930
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
I'm really hoping that's the case. Marvel lucked into a breakout character with Venom, but they erroneously thought they could replicate that success by having the symbiote jump from host to host. It's taken them 13 years (and a couple of terrible Venom stories before that) to digest that they had lightning in a bottle. Now it seems that they're going back to Brock in a full-force manner. He's not only got the original symbiote back, but he is seemingly the center of the upcoming Edge of the Venomverse event. Marvel is finally admitting that Venom is more than a gimmick, and Sony is quietly confessing to their blunder with Blowpher Grace in SM3.
Fear the banners and the Wildcat bite!
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #931
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
I'm really hoping that's the case. Marvel lucked into a breakout character with Venom, but they erroneously thought they could replicate that success by having the symbiote jump from host to host. It's taken them 13 years (and a couple of terrible Venom stories before that) to digest that they had lightning in a bottle. Now it seems that they're going back to Brock in a full-force manner. He's not only got the original symbiote back, but he is seemingly the center of the upcoming Edge of the Venomverse event. Marvel is finally admitting that Venom is more than a gimmick, and Sony is quietly confessing to their blunder with Blowpher Grace in SM3.
Reminds me a little of what DC did with the Spectre. In the Spectre's case though, there should never have been any hosts at all. He should have been Jim Corrigan. Period.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #932
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Gina Prince-Bythewood to Direct Sony’s Marvel Universe Film ‘Silver Sable and Black Cat’

Quote:
“Beyond the Lights” director Gina Prince-Bythewood will take on “Silver Sable and Black Cat,” a spinoff of the Spider-Man universe.

Prince-Bythewood will also rewrite the script
penned by “Thor: Ragnarok” scribe Chris Yost. A previous draft was written by “Westworld” co-creator Lisa Joy. Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal are producing the project.

In the comic books, Silver Sable is a mercenary who runs a company that hunts war criminals. Black Cat is burglar named Felicia Hardy, who briefly appeared in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” played by Felicity Jones. While both characters exist in Marvel’s Spider-Man universe, Prince-Bythewood’s film will not be a crossover with the web-slinger.

“Silver Sable and Black Cat” is not the only Spider-Man movie in the works at Sony — the studio is developing a “Venom” film as well. It recently tapped Tom Hardy to star and Ruben Fleischer to direct. “Venom” will swing into theaters on Oct. 5, 2018.

Prince-Bythewood is best known as the writer and director of the beloved 2000 film “Love & Basketball,” starring Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps, and the 2008 drama “The Secret Life of Bees.” She more recently helmed the 2014 romantic drama “Beyond the Lights,” which earned an Oscar nomination for best original song. Lately, she’s been primarily focused on TV, most notably on the Fox limited series “Shots Fired” (which she created with her husband, Reggie Rock Bythewood). She also just finished directing the pilot for another Marvel property — Freeform’s upcoming “Cloak & Dagger” TV series.
------------------------

She wrote LOVE & BASKETBALL?! SOLD.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:34 PM   #933
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

‘X-Men: The New Mutants’ Shifts from YA-Focus to “Full-Fledged Horror Movie”

Quote:
The New Mutants, the long anticipated X-Men spinoff movie, is going to be a comic book film that goes in an unusual direction. “We are making a full-fledged horror movie set within the X-Men universe,” director Josh Boone says. “There are no costumes. There are no supervillains. We’re trying to do something very, very different.”

Game of Thrones‘ Maisie Williams has been cast in the role of Wolfsbane and Split actress Anya Taylor-Joy as Magik. Sources close to the production say that Henry Zaga, seen most recently in 13 Reasons Why (where he played Tony’s boyfriend, Brad), will soon be announced in the role of Sunspot. (Unconfirmed chatter has it that Rosario Dawson is currently in talks as well.)

The New Mutants, which was created by Chris Claremont in the early ’80s, is about a group of teenage mutants, a kind of superheroes-in-training, who must learn to control their powers. When artist Bill Sienkiewicz — whom Boone calls “one of the most amazing comic book artists ever” — came aboard for No. 18 in 1984, the series took a turn for what Boone describes as, “a darker and more surreal and impressionistic X-Men series than we’d ever seen before. It felt like Stephen King meets John Hughes.”

It’s this run of the comic that inspired what we’ll see in The New Mutants which is currently scheduled for a spring 2018 release (and shooting for a PG-13 rating). Boone is keeping mum on actual plot details, but a source close to the project explained how mutants are at their most dangerous (both to themselves and others) when their powers are new. (Like, say, their teenage years!) Says the source: “Held in a secret facility against their will, five new mutants have to battle the dangers of their powers, as well as the sins of their past. They aren’t out to save the world — they’re just trying to save themselves.”
Old 05-26-2017, 12:39 AM   #934
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
No connection to Spiderman? Doesn't matter who's writing and directing it. Christopher Nolan could do a movie about DC's Huntress and Crimson Fox, but if there was no Bat connection for at least one of them the pair starring in a film has no chance and the pairing Sony's got in their heads seems completely random.

They're thinking girl power is gonna be big soon after WW and Capt. Marvel... and they're gonna capitalize by having TWO strong independent women headlining a film. I just wonder if they're gonna go the full monty and cast one with an ethnic actress in one of the roles.

~//V\\~
Old 05-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #935
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Daylight Wall stands forever. No wall stands against it. Bring them down.

Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:10 PM   #936
W.West

Ugh. I hate the world we live in sometimes.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:52 PM   #937
Tazer

Yo.

that's some pretty awesome pwnage, actually; might be fun to chat that up on our next show.......

Tazer

Quote:
Old 06-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #938
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:49 AM   #939
IonFan
Forum Member

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

looks alright, want to see more

IonFan says

Quote:
8 years ago i had 40+ hours a week, heath-care, and was full time, i can't say that anymore THAT'S WHY I VOTED TRUMP! (also i wanted to destroy the Rep. party, i didn't think he'd actually win)
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:19 AM   #940
-//V\\-
Guardian of the Universe

Eh.... I'm not as impressed as I think I should be. I was hoping for a type of Wakanda more like the one from the Avengers EMH cartoon. It doesn't look bad, but it didn't wow me either.

I'm betting Panther or Capt. Marvel will be the first big stinker for Marvel Studios.

~//V\\~
Old 06-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #941
W.West

You people are crazy. That's the best Marvel trailer since Iron Man 3.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #942
W.West

Give Up Hope: Kevin Feige Confirms No Plans To Make Venom Part of The MCU
Old 06-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #943
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
< link here

i liked it, i just want to see more

IonFan says

Quote:
8 years ago i had 40+ hours a week, heath-care, and was full time, i can't say that anymore THAT'S WHY I VOTED TRUMP! (also i wanted to destroy the Rep. party, i didn't think he'd actually win)
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:19 AM   #944
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

So the Venom movie won't have Spidey in it?

Odd choice

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #945
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:

Tazer

Quote:
Old 06-16-2017, 04:01 AM   #946
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
Eh.... I'm not as impressed as I think I should be. I was hoping for a type of Wakanda more like the one from the Avengers EMH cartoon. It doesn't look bad, but it didn't wow me either.

I'm betting Panther or Capt. Marvel will be the first big stinker for Marvel Studios.

~//V\\~
Black Panther has a power-packed cast and it looks gorgeous. There's no reason to believe that it will fail. While I can't speak with the same confidence on Capt. Marvel at this point, if Marvel Studios can produce a hit with a weak character like Scott Lang, they can certainly make one with Carol Danvers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
So the Venom movie won't have Spidey in it?

Odd choice
It just means that Marvel Studios won't be using Venom. Sony can still cast another Spider-man, or make references to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

Tazer
Black Panther has the feel of a mega-hit. The Dora Milaje look AWESOME.
Fear the banners and the Wildcat bite!
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:04 AM   #947
robojac
Green Lantern

Christophe Beck To Return For ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’

Quote:
Director Peyton Reed confirmed on Twitter that Christophe Beck will be returning to score Marvel Studios’ upcoming sequel Ant-Man and the Wasp. Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Michael Peña, David Dastmalchian and T.I. are reprising their roles from the original film. They are joined by Hannah John-Kamen. No plot details have been announced yet. Kevin Feige (The Avengers, Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America) is producing the project. Beck has previously collaborated with Reed on 2015’s first Ant-Man movie, as well as on the comedy Bring It On. Ant-Man and the Wasp will be released on July 6, 2018 by Walt Disney Pictures.
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/06...-and-the-wasp/
robojac is offline   Reply With Quote