Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennium - Comics Description

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=221601

Was reading the descriptions here and found the blurb on #8 to be pretty funny.

Originally posted by sundrop View Post
    http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=221601

Was reading the descriptions here and found the blurb on #8 to be pretty funny.
    LOL. I guess for 90 cents, they don't need to oversell it.

Comment

Boring, highly repetitious, inane, stupid. The anti-climax of all climaxes. Super-heroes staring to the air and looking at a bunch of heroes (?) that bombed out in their own title within a year. Ho hum. At least Tom Kalmaku had the balls to say no. Got dragged along anyway.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Just finished reading it and don't share the hate. I don't seem to hold "popularity" as the measure of success in comic books though, I just enjoy them for what they are, not how much of an impact they had or whatever. Issue #5 was pretty good, with some interesting philosophy on numbers. I just enjoyed seeing the Gaurdian, Zamaron, Manhunters, and other quirky GL characters roaming about. Gotta admit I did skip over alot of the hero-vs-hero bickering and the not-sure-if-i-wanna-be-hero-or-not diatribes.

For fans of GL Corps 201-224 this series is a must-read as it brings a lot of the GL's into the storyline, especially good-ol Driq!

Come to think of it, I think Englehart might be one of the top, if not the best, writer of GL ever. He took a lot of risks and gave a lot of time to the non-human GLs. The guy truly deserves some big props. My only complaint with his run is that the "Tales of the Corps" ministories got dropped.

Comment

Englehart might be my favorite GL writer; he wrote my favorite run of GL, right up to #200 is fantastic. But he was always one who started out strong and finished weak. IMO he stayed on the title too long. He had a great buildup for the title to #200 that worked out amazing but his plans for #201 on were kind of weak and the execution was pretty shaky. I know something hit the fan at the end because Englehart didn't finish it, Joey Cavilieri was brought in for the final two issues.

I remember Millenium and thinking it was very weak at the time. I was excited for it because it was a the first GL centric event to the rest of DC after CoIE, which also tied in heavily to the GL mythos. Turned out...millennium was no CoIE.

Water under the bridge. It may have been crap, but I still have some fun nostalgic memories of that era.

Comment

Working...
          X