Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #4 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artists: Aaron Kuder & Ardian Syaf

33.33%
    0.00%
    33.33%
    33.33%
    0.00%

......................................... the arts not bad, i mean yeah you can tell EVS didn't do it but it's ok, so yeah i'm buying this one

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I could've lived without villains based on a pun, but otherwise not a bad issue.

Comment

I missed Ethan's art but I actually enjoyed this issue. I'm just curious to see how they get back to their universe and I wonder how if Hal Jordan will pop up in the final issue.
        Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Another incredibly bland issue (I didn't buy it). I have to wonder if the creators involved are even aware of how bad and completely uninteresting this is. I'd think they'd HAVE to know, but then again, if they did... why would they put something like this out?

Then again, I guess it's all a matter of opinion. Maybe others think it's brilliant, but I find this story dreadfully boring and uninteresting. On top of it making no sense in how it doesn't jive with Lost Army at all. Man, what a mess all of this turned out being.
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

I got bored to tears with #3...Edge of Oblivion is just another waste of time for me. Green Lantern has been a looooong time since having a great story, the Corps since Van Jensen and the main title since...oh hell, I don't know, maybe Rise of the Third Army?

Last truly great story I read in the main title was Blackest Night. I'm tired of reading crappy Green Lantern (the end of Johns' run right into the whole of Vendetti qualifies as that imo). They aren't getting anymore of my money until a pair of different writers come into the picture. And that probably ain't happening soon.

We GL fans got royally screwed with this Rebirth crap, the sad thing is we're probably used to it by now. It's not particularly new.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
              I got bored to tears with #3...Edge of Oblivion is just another waste of time for me. Green Lantern has been a looooong time since having a great story, the Corps since Van Jensen and the main title since...oh hell, I don't know, maybe Rise of the Third Army?

Last truly great story I read in the main title was Blackest Night. I'm tired of reading crappy Green Lantern (the end of Johns' run right into the whole of Vendetti qualifies as that imo). They aren't getting anymore of my money until a pair of different writers come into the picture. And that probably ain't happening soon.

We GL fans got royally screwed with this Rebirth crap, the sad thing is we're probably used to it by now. It's not particularly new.
              I thought the first issue of Edge of Oblivion was terrible, the second was an improvement, but still not great, the third was terrible, and this one is terrible, too, in my opinion. At least Lost Army had intrigue. This has... nothing, really.

In my opinion, the entirety of Volume 5 of Green Lantern hasn't had anything worthwhile happen in it from everything I've read of it, which is enough, I think. That's going on 52 issues now.

EDIT:
              Actually, it's past 52 when you count annuals and whatever the heck else other specials came out.
              Star-Lantern
              Weaponer of Qward
              Last edited by Star-Lantern; 04-17-2016, 12:34 AM.
              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                I thought the first issue of Edge of Oblivion was terrible, the second was an improvement, but still not great, the third was terrible, and this one is terrible, too, in my opinion. At least Lost Army had intrigue. This has... nothing, really.

In my opinion, the entirety of Volume 5 of Green Lantern hasn't had anything worthwhile happen in it from everything I've read of it, which is enough, I think. That's going on 52 issues now.

EDIT:
                Actually, it's past 52 when you count annuals and whatever the heck else other specials came out.
                I'm with you on all this, except you sure are being kind in regard to that second issue of EoO. I really liked the very beginning of EoO #1, the Wrath of B'dg kicked ass! After that, it seemed everything went downhill fast.

Comment

I am so over Guy being treated like a jackass. I'm glad I haven't committed to the latest reboot yet.

Comment

I think Guy is coming off as a complete jack nut in this series, but I like the art and the plot is pretty interesting, it's just that they are spending too much time unwrapping the mystery.
                    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X