Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii U

So I bought a Wii U (before you ask, I already own a Switch) so that I can play Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Zelda: Skyward Sword (sadly, not available anywhere in HD), and also some extra Mario Party games with the buddies.

Pretty decent system. I like the feel of the control.

Yo.

Q: do U play WW & TP on the tv, or on the built-in screen??

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

You can do both. If you play it on the TV, the built-in screen is for inventory management, which is a really nice touch. Not being able to do that in Breath of the Wild was my biggest complaint about an otherwise amazing game.

And Andrew, there have been persistent rumors about a Skyward Sword remake for Switch for years now. With Link's Awakening getting remade this year and Breath of the Wild 2 probably not ready before 2021, odds are high that Skyward Sword HD will be the Zelda game for 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
        You can do both. If you play it on the TV, the built-in screen is for inventory management, which is a really nice touch.
        For Twilight Princess HD, the built-in screen is your map. I guess in Mario Party 10, if you're the guy in the room playing Bowser you have to use that and it lets you do special stuff.

But yeah, there's been times that I leave the Wii U on, hand my daughter the remote/built-in screen, switch the HDMI switcher to X-Box One or PS4 and she just continues to play whatever game on that portably. I guess it doesn't have a very good range from the base, though, so it's not quite like the Switch.

And Andrew, there have been persistent rumors about a Skyward Sword remake for Switch for years now. With Link's Awakening getting remade this year and Breath of the Wild 2 probably not ready before 2021, odds are high that Skyward Sword HD will be the Zelda game for 2020.
        I dunno... I'm skeptical. Wouldn't Nintendo be more apt to release either Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD on the Switch first, since those are basically ready to go since the Wii U versions and have already been de-Wiied (i.e., the use of the Wiimote and Nunchuk ripped out)? If they haven't even done that yet -- or even bothered to announce that they're doing that yet -- I'm doubtful Skyward Sword is even on the agenda.

Comment

This is from last November:
          https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...or-1203036163/

Comment

I keep the Wii U around as an "HD Wii". Mario Party 10 and some other platformers have been great time-wasters with the wife.

Its kinda bittersweet, I didn't want Nintendo to fail, but they learned from their failure and look at the Switch now.

Comment

Working...
            X