The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 07-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Krona-Parallax
Kyle's Nude Model

Default Green Lantern movie noble collection replica lanterns.

They look great. I've ordered mine. but why are they so cheap? I know they are mass produced and don't come with ring but still, very good price for life-size replica. take a look:

http://www.toynk.com/product/NBC-NN9...ollection.html

this is my first post so hello everyone and what do you think of the lanterns?
Krona-Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:53 AM   #2
IONLantern01

It does look really nice on the picture but do you know whether that is an actual shot of the replica? For example the DCD battery replica looks glorious in its promo pictures, but when actual shots were released during a convention of the real thing lit up, well...it was a little underwhelming. It still looks good don't get me wrong, but it looks nothing like its promo pics in terms of lighting.

I know for a fact that the noble collection is cheaper but I wonder why? Is it smaller in scale? Does it not have a light up feature like the DCD one? Unfortunately there isn't much to go off of or any information that they have officially released. Either way, it is a cheaper option for those that do not want to spend close to $300 dollars for one. Thanks for the preorder link

Oh and also...WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Krona-Parallax
Kyle's Nude Model

No problem and thanks very much!

I think they are life size replica's (but thatís just going by description of product) but like you said I don't think they light up. I heard somewhere the material they are made out of half lights up like one in film but I'm not entirely sure.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #4
Nowen
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IONLantern01 View Post
It does look really nice on the picture but do you know whether that is an actual shot of the replica? For example the DCD battery replica looks glorious in its promo pictures, but when actual shots were released during a convention of the real thing lit up, well...it was a little underwhelming.
"He's overwhelmed. You're underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"

Sig by Zander Yurami
Nowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
IONLantern01

Lol after everything I think I am just whelmed right now But of course I will have hope for new GL things coming out in the future

Old 07-09-2011, 06:17 AM   #6
IONLantern01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krona-Parallax View Post
No problem and thanks very much!

I think they are life size replica's (but thatís just going by description of product) but like you said I don't think they light up. I heard somewhere the material they are made out of half lights up like one in film but I'm not entirely sure.
Not a problem, everybody is welcome here at the GL corps board And yeah you are right, there is still some info that needs to be known about the Noble Collection version. Hopefully somebody with more intel clears this up or puts out new information on the listings. Since I did enjoy the movie I am looking to get one myself but I just don't know what version just yet. Either way they both make a very nice collectors item

Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Krona-Parallax
Kyle's Nude Model

Well, I've been told by the company I ordered the lantern of that the Lantern is life size, full replica. not sure what scale but they say they know it is replica size.