The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 4
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 4
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default Biggest Geoff-con ever? *BN #5 Spoilers*

So... um....

Don't the events of Blackest Night #5 completely undo some fairly important details in the death and rebirth stories of Superman and Green Arrow?

What, if any, are the ramifications of this?
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
So... um....

Don't the events of Blackest Night #5 completely undo some fairly important details in the death and rebirth stories of Superman and Green Arrow?

What, if any, are the ramifications of this?
Who cares man, it's Blackest Night. It rules.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
Who cares man, it's Blackest Night. It rules.
Yes... well... *ahem* certainly.



Back to reality...

Did Green Arrow ever actually make it to heaven? If not then where was Hal/Parralax talking to him? And why was Barry in heaven if he was really in the Speed Force the whole time?

I wants answers.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Yes... well... *ahem* certainly.



Back to reality...

Did Green Arrow ever actually make it to heaven? If not then where was Hal/Parralax talking to him? And why was Barry in heaven if he was really in the Speed Force the whole time?

I wants answers.
You know I didn't think about that when I read the issue, but that's a very clever point.

I think we've been Geoff-rolled.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Knuckles
Corps Honor Guard
 
Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,271
Default

i think you made up those questions just to sow poison in our minds, nothin happened to everyone except they died and was in a waitin room for nekron to reject back to earth
__________________
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #6
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

And those are just the things I can remember off the top of my head! I'm not familiar enough with the deaths and resurrections of Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Super Boy, Bart Allen etc etc....

But I sure as shit remember Superman being led away by Demons pretending to be Kryptonians or some shit like that... and Pa Kent intervening in the "afterlife"... even tho Superman wasn't really dead anyway. Fuck that was a stupid story.

And I remember the Kevin Smith Green Arrow story. It had Hal, Ollie and Barry IN FUCKING HEAVEN.

Is all that gone thanks to Superboys Cosmic Retcon punch???

Fucking hell DC can never just correct their mistakes properly.

DCU 2.0!!! It's TIME!!!!

Blackest Night sucks.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu
 
Darth_Andrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tied Upside Down In A Rubber Room
Posts: 4,743
Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea
Default

If you think it sucks so damned much why are you spending money on it? if you don't like it don't buy it and stop bitching about how much you don't like it. It's simple, No Buy No Need to Bitch.



Darth_Andrea
__________________
Darth_Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
Who cares man, it's Blackest Night. It rules.
Im glad you admit it.

As for the rest of you, are you done with your bitching or not?
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr
 
Jeffi.Kaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 2,922
Default

My question...why does it matter if they got to heaven or not?
__________________
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 AM   #10
Knuckles
Corps Honor Guard
 
Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,271
Default

continuity issues
__________________
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 AM   #11
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Im glad you admit it.

As for the rest of you, are you done with your bitching or not?
I'm guessing you're kidding.

Or you didn't notice my at the end.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #12
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master
 
JohnnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, KY (gay mayor, biatches)
Posts: 13,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

I never knew heaven was a staple in storytelling when it came to comics. Actually, going back reading through the thread I'm unsure of the problem you have with BN??
__________________


Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #13
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The real question is why Nekron so small?!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 AM   #14
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
I never knew heaven was a staple in storytelling when it came to comics. Actually, going back reading through the thread I'm unsure of the problem you have with BN??
He just wants to bitch. I figured that much.
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #15
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu
 
Darth_Andrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tied Upside Down In A Rubber Room
Posts: 4,743
Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea
Default

*Notices that remarks were made on Pax's replies while hers were totally ignored. Perhaps she struck a nerve that they didn't want to admit*



Darth_Andrea
__________________
Darth_Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #16
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
*Notices that remarks were made on Pax's replies while hers were totally ignored. Perhaps she struck a nerve that they didn't want to admit*



Darth_Andrea
Damm Andy. I love you in a totally platonic way.
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #17
Knuckles
Corps Honor Guard
 
Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Lantern View Post
The real question is why Nekron so small?!
thats what happens when u upgrade ur powers

phenomenal cosmic powers, itty bitty little space
__________________
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #18
Knuckles
Corps Honor Guard
 
Knuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
If you think it sucks so damned much why are you spending money on it? if you don't like it don't buy it and stop bitching about how much you don't like it. It's simple, No Buy No Need to Bitch.



Darth_Andrea
maybe ppl like to buy reasons to bitch?

plz be considerate of that
__________________
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 AM   #19
Rainbow Lantern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What's going on in this thread? I am confuse. Why is Andrea talking in third person? What's Naysay's problem? Why is Nekron so small? Poop?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:37 AM   #20
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
If you think it sucks so damned much why are you spending money on it? if you don't like it don't buy it and stop bitching about how much you don't like it. It's simple, No Buy No Need to Bitch.
I like bitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Im glad you admit it.

As for the rest of you, are you done with your bitching or not?
No. Are you done liking crappy products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
My question...why does it matter if they got to heaven or not?
Because... it contradicts what Nekron is claiming. I'm assuming that what Nekron is claiming will become the new "status quo". Therefore there has been a significant retcon that undoes some fairly interesting and important stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
I never knew heaven was a staple in storytelling when it came to comics. Actually, going back reading through the thread I'm unsure of the problem you have with BN??
Nekron says

"I put myself between you and everlasting death. I allowed your numerous resurrections."

That suggests that Nekron has power that exceeds that of "God" or "The Source" or whatever you want to call that deity that controls the Spectre and reigns over Heaven.

We saw Hal/Parallax enter heaven (by force) and bring Ollies soul back out of heaven. We saw (in heaven) Barry Allen and Oliver Queen maxin' and relaxin' in eternal bliss and rest.

We saw Kal-El being led away to an afterlife by demons masquerading as Kryptonian angles or some garbage. There was no intervention on the part of Nekron. There was just Jonathan Kent convincing his adopted son not to give up. Even though he wasn't really dead. Again... stupid story. I digress.



So... that's all out the window now. Assuming that what Nekron says is true. I'm just curious what the new explanations are. If Nekron allowed Oliver Queen to be resurrected... how did that play out exactly?

Is this another Parrallax/construct Sinestro thing? Where Hal thinks he killed Sinestro but he didn't? Did Nekron make a fake heaven for Olliver Queen to hang out in until Hal came to bring him back? Did he make a fake Barry Allen for Oliver to hang out with?

I just want answers.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #21
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

What crappy products do you refer too?
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 AM   #22
myuserid
Lantern Hex
 
myuserid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wreath
Posts: 14,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
If you think it sucks so damned much why are you spending money on it? if you don't like it don't buy it and stop bitching about how much you don't like it. It's simple, No Buy No Need to Bitch.
I can't speak for anybody else, but I can give you my reasons for continuing to buy.

And it's the same exact reason that those here that complained about Final Crisis the whole time gave..........I hope that it gets better.

Plus after buying 5 issues, it would be dumb to not read the last three. Another reason given by complainers of Final Crisis.
__________________
myuserid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 AM   #23
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master
 
JohnnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lexington, KY (gay mayor, biatches)
Posts: 13,805
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
Nekron says

"I put myself between you and everlasting death. I allowed your numerous resurrections."

That suggests that Nekron has power that exceeds that of "God" or "The Source" or whatever you want to call that deity that controls the Spectre and reigns over Heaven.

We saw Hal/Parallax enter heaven (by force) and bring Ollies soul back out of heaven. We saw (in heaven) Barry Allen and Oliver Queen maxin' and relaxin' in eternal bliss and rest.

We saw Kal-El being led away to an afterlife by demons masquerading as Kryptonian angles or some garbage. There was no intervention on the part of Nekron. There was just Jonathan Kent convincing his adopted son not to give up. Even though he wasn't really dead. Again... stupid story. I digress.

So... that's all out the window now. Assuming that what Nekron says is true. I'm just curious what the new explanations are. If Nekron allowed Oliver Queen to be resurrected... how did that play out exactly?

Is this another Parrallax/construct Sinestro thing? Where Hal thinks he killed Sinestro but he didn't? Did Nekron make a fake heaven for Olliver Queen to hang out in until Hal came to bring him back? Did he make a fake Barry Allen for Oliver to hang out with?

I just want answers.
hmm, some interesting thoughts. Considering we're just now getting into the Nekron phase of BN perhaps maybe we'll get answers in future issues.

Considering God is an integral part of the DC universe, specifically with the Spectre your questions are valid. Hopefully, we'll receive an explanation.
__________________


Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 AM   #24
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard
 
Orion Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
I can't speak for anybody else, but I can give you my reasons for continuing to buy.

And it's the same exact reason that those here that complained about Final Crisis the whole time gave..........I hope that it gets better.

Plus after buying 5 issues, it would be dumb to not read the last three. Another reason given by complainers of Final Crisis.
I used to read All Hail Megatron until I could not stand it no more. What did I do? Either dowload some scans or read it on wiki. Really people its not that hard.
__________________
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #25
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe
 
Dr. Naysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
What crappy products do you refer too?
That's a whole other thread... but your repeated insistence that you only like stories that are happy and not challenging would be a good place to start looking.


Or the Transformers movies.

Those suck.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.