This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
    I think you're right. They're just going to continue Sinestro's title until the sales inevitably erode, then let it die.
    I think so. And it makes sense. Keep the title running while there's an audience, and kill it when it's run its course. It's not really bad, and (IMO) it's the best one of the current GL titles. I just don't think it's necessary. To me, repairing GL proper IS necessary.

Comment

Hal's title is continuing unchanged and he's officially returning to the Justice League? Cool!!!

As for Billy Tan staying, I guess I'm okay with it. He's not consistently good but he has his moments.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
        Hal's title is continuing unchanged and he's officially returning to the Justice League? Cool!!!
        That first part is not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post

As for Billy Tan staying, I guess I'm okay with it. He's not consistently good but he has his moments.

That is one god-awful face

Comment

Keep in mind though that Red Lanterns and New Guardians were selling well enough to continue, which is encouraging. At some point DC might well try to expand the franchise again, without the emotional spectrum.

Comment

I hope they give it a few years. If they add more titles they'll just give in to endless, hollow crossovers again. I doubt they can even get three right. I'd rather have two that some effort was put into.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                I hope they give it a few years. If they add more titles they'll just give in to endless, hollow crossovers again. I doubt they can even get three right. I'd rather have two that some effort was put into.
                Yes, it need to be done RIGHT, after re-establishing Guy and Kyle as GLs. No gimmicks with a short shelf like the emotional spectrum.

DC has a very long history of trying to turn its "other" GLs into something besides GLs, and it's failed every time. You've got an embarrassment of riches with all these viable characters as Green Lanterns, so use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                  That is one god-awful face
                  That's the worst part of Tan's style: faces. Hal always looks particularly bizarre.
                  Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I can't unsee Tan's Hal mask. He butchers the goddamn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                      I'd be fine with the Sinestro title running its course and going away to the comic rack in the sky by the end of the year. It doesn't feel like a book that should be an ongoing and should have been a miniseries. It would leave us with two GL titles. I'm done with this cheesy multicolored crap. They could easily make GL: The Lost Army a book that stars Guy, John an Kyle and make it great.

If they care enough to that is.
                      If things goes like FE said, Sinestro gets turned into a BL soon enough. I mean everything we saw previously is gearing up for the FE one shots.

Comment

Green Lantern Convergence May 2015 Solicitations

CONVERGENCE: GREEN LANTERN/PARALLAX #2
                        Written by TONY BEDARD
                        Art RON WAGNER and BILL REINHOLD
                        Cover by STEVE LIEBER
                        Variant cover designed by CHIP KIDD
                        On sale MAY 13 • 40 pg, FC, 2 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T

STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Hal Jordan is Parallax – and Kyle Rayner is the Green Lantern trying to stop him from committing genocide in their battle against Princess Fern of Electropolis! Let the battle begin!
                        This extra-sized issue includes a sneak peek at what’s coming up in the DC Universe!
                        CONVERGENCE: GREEN LANTERN CORPS #2
                        Written by DAVID GALLAHER
                        Art by STEVE ELLIS and ANDE PARKS
                        Cover by TONY HARRIS
                        On sale MAY 20 • 40 pg, FC, 2 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T

STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The Green Lantern Corps is revived when Hal Jordan, John Stewart and Guy Gardner power up and race to take on Hercules Unbound and Anti God from the Great Disaster!
                        This extra-sized issue includes a sneak peek at what’s coming up in the DC Universe!
                        CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE #2
                        Written by FRANK TIERI
                        Art by VICENTE CIFUENTES
                        Cover by MARK BUCKINGHAM
                        On sale MAY 6 • 40 pg, FC, 2 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T

STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Witness the brutality of the battles between worlds as Flashpoint Aquaman proves to the Justice League how far he’s willing to go to protect his kingdom.
                        CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #2
                        Written by RON MARZ
                        Art by MIKE MANLEY
                        Cover by PAUL RENAUD
                        On sale MAY 13 • 40 pg, FC, 2 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T

STARRING HEROES FROM ZERO HOUR! Is it time to say goodbye to Ted Kord and Martian Manhunter forever? It is if the heroes of the Kingdom Come universe have anything to say about it!
                        CONVERGENCE: INFINITY INC. #2
                        Written by JERRY ORDWAY
                        Art and cover by BEN CALDWELL
                        On sale MAY 27 • 40 pg, FC, 2 of 2, $3.99 US • RATED T

STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Jade, Obsidian, Nuklon and the rest of the Infinity Inc. team try to prove that they deserve their place among the Earth-2 heroes as they fight the post-apocalyptic Jonah Hex!
                        CONVERGENCE: JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #2
                        Written by DAN ABNETT
                        Art by TOM DERENICK and TREVOR SCOTT
                        Cover by DAN PANOSIAN

STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The original Justice Society is powered up and ready to fight the Weaponers of Qward – but with youth and power comes the ultimate cost!
                        CONVERGENCE: CRIME SYNDICATE #2
                        Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO
                        Art and cover by PHIL WINSLADE

STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! The Crime Syndicate from the past and the heroes from the farthest future of DC One Million clash on the Convergence battlefields!
                        This extra-sized issue includes a sneak peek at what's coming up in the DC Universe!
                        Hypo
                        Lil' Leaguer
                        Last edited by Hypo; 02-14-2015, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Updated with the relevant Week 4 solicits.

Comment

GREEN LANTERN BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
                            Written by GEOFF JOHNS, GRANT MORRISON, PETER J. TOMASI and others
                            Art by MIKE McKONE, IVAN REIS, PHILIP TAN, DOUG MAHNKE, ED BENES and others
                            Cover by IVAN REIS and OCLAIR ALBERT
                            On sale JULY 29 • 1,040 pg, FC, $99.99 US

The second massive volume of GREEN LANTERN tales written by best-selling writer Geoff Johns is here, collecting GREEN LANTERN #26-52, BLACKEST NIGHT #0-7, DC UNIVERSE #0, UNTOLD TALES OF BLACKEST NIGHT #1-2 and BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #1-2. In these stories, Hal Jordan and his comrades must face the threat of the Alpha Lanterns, the rage of the Red Lanterns, the rise of the Black Lanterns, and much more!
                            Interview: Tony Bedard Talks CONVERGENCE: GREEN LANTERN/PARALLAX
                            COMIC VINE: What is going on in this issue?

TONY BEDARD:
                            Hal Jordan had recently lost his mind, wiped out the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of the Universe, and returned to Earth as Parallax wielding the power of the entire GL Corps. But as Kyle Rayner and the rest of the Justice League were trying to fight him, the dome went up over Metropolis and suddenly Hal was cut off from the power that pretty much changed him into someone else. Suddenly he was Hal again, and the crushing realization of what he'd done just sort of flooded over him. So Hal's spent the year since then in self-imposed incarceration. Kyle visits him every day, trying to convince him that he wasn't responsible for killing the Corps, Parallax was. But when the dome comes down and Kyle is compelled to battle Princess Fern of Electropolis, Parallax is once again free, and he may prove to be the biggest threat of all on this planet.
                            Hypo
                            Lil' Leaguer
                            Last edited by Hypo; 02-18-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Can someone remind me why Grant Morrison has a writing credit on the omnibus? Is it because he came up with the Alpha Lanterns concept?? Or did he write/co-write an issue/story that I'm forgetting?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                                Can someone remind me why Grant Morrison has a writing credit on the omnibus? Is it because he came up with the Alpha Lanterns concept?? Or did he write/co-write an issue/story that I'm forgetting?
                                DC UNIVERSE #0 Apparently is in the omnibus. I've forgotten what segment of that story had GL stuff though.

Comment

Working...
                                X