No announcement yet.

My Hal "Rebirth" Costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the diameter of the chest symbol you are trying to make?

Comment

IJ where did you purchase your strectch pleather from? How was the pricing?
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Mask is looking good. n_n Keep it up!

Comment

I think the total chest symbol diameter is about 3.5"

The stretch pleather was purchased from Spandex House (kind of a goofy ordering setup, but it works, you have to call them and give your card info)

Comment

I was in Michael's yesterday and saw that they have styrofoam disks in various diameters, about an inch thick. Maybe you could get one of these and carve the design into it. Then you could use bondo or some kind of putty to fill in the pores and smooth it out. Similar to what you were trying with the foamies.

Comment

btw, how are you gonna do the spandex ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tons T View Post
                btw, how are you gonna do the spandex ?
                We intend to create a pattern from a zentai suit we have laying around. But I'm not quite sure what you mean by "do" the spandex

Comment

I just finished checking an idea I had for the chest symbol. hI would think that 3.5 inces in diameter would be kinda small for a chest symbol, but I made a quick design in Sketchup with a 3.5 inch diameter and approximately 0.25 inch thick. I made it hollow with walls around 1/16th of an inch thick.

Then I uploaded it to Shapeways to see how much it would cost to have it printed. You can get it printed in their cheapest material for about $18. You would still have to smooth out the surface since it has a rough texture, but this might be something to think about.

Also, if you spent more time tweaking the design you might be able to get it cheaper, since their prices are based on the actual amount of material used.

Comment

Interesting, I may see what shapeways can do, though if we cast it ourselves, we get the benefit of being able to embed earth magnets in the material for easy application to the costume

Comment

The magnets are a pretty good idea. You could probably do it cheaper yourself anyway, especially if you do a light up version like you talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                        IJ where did you purchase your strectch pleather from? How was the pricing?
                        ???
                        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                          ???
                          Refer to post #64. Pricing wasn't bad, but I also didn't get any deals. There should also be links on the front page to most of this stuff, I think.

Comment

Many thanks dude. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the final product. There is a pic of me wearing my first home made GL costume in the Ugly Mug Thread.

Comment

Refer to post #19 for links to the pleather and Spandex House

Comment

Dude, you need to come over and check out the League of Lanterns and the Superhero Costuming Forum!

And out of curiosity, did the mask have that hammered finish already, or was that your doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X