The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 08-04-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
Rod12
Kilowog's Recruit

Default Space Sector Question

In a recent Comic Book Issue of Brave and The Bold #19 Volume 3 were Hal Jordan works with the Phantom Stranger I notice it takes mainly in Space Sector 3897 since when have there been more than 3600 Space Sector. I know there is Space Sector -0001 and 3601 so does this mean in the area of Green Lantern Comic Book Universe that 3600 is not the total limit number of Space Sectors any more? Is there a new total number of Space Sectors? Or could these new Space Sectors go in the collum of Vega System like topic meaning classified. If someone could help me out with this question I'd be very thankful.
Rod12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
TEN_RINGS
Weaponer of Qward

this has me perplexed i looked at the book and you are right he travels to sector 3897....i had believed there were only 3601 as well...perhaps we both missed something or the writers made a mistake this was a good story by the way
TEN_RINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
Rod12
Kilowog's Recruit

Yea I couldn't agree with you more I was thinking to myself either the writers just made a big mistake or the Guardians of the Universe have hired a new relastate agent that we haven't read about. On the other hand does the series The Brave and The Bold take Place in a different Earth or is it the same Earth or also known as New Earth. Either way its a big perplexing question.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #4
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

The whole notion of space sectors is fucked anyway... they say that the universe is cut up into wedge shaped sectors with all of the meeting in the center (sector 0) and Oa.... but then they say shit like .... oooh he's way out in Sector 3600! or 3601!!! Well which is it DC Editors??? Is the Universe a big sphere with each sector being a wedge that meets in the middle? Or is it a giant grid? Or a cube?

I WANTS ANSWERS AND I WANT THE ANSWERS TO MAKE SENSE IN SOME KIND OF CONSISTENT NARRATIVE!!!

DCU 2.0

It's time.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
Colonel Xonic
The Butcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Colonel Xonic

I thought there were 3601 but Sector 3601 was too far out to support life or something to that extent.
Colonel Xonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:53 AM   #6
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod12 View Post
Yea I couldn't agree with you more I was thinking to myself either the writers just made a big mistake or the Guardians of the Universe have hired a new relastate agent that we haven't read about. On the other hand does the series The Brave and The Bold take Place in a different Earth or is it the same Earth or also known as New Earth. Either way its a big perplexing question.
1. Blame editors for the sector mishap, unless the story takes place in the future(as some Booster stories do), then just chalk it up to the "all future stories suck" motto.

2. Currently, it is best to look at The Brave and The Bold title as out of continuity, but it certainly takes place on Earth0, unless stated otherwise.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:07 AM   #7
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

Well...the universe is constantly expanding. Maybe in the future there will be a few more sectors than we have now.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
Rod12
Kilowog's Recruit

Thanks everyone for the Help I'm going to go check if the Brave and The Bold does take place in another Universe.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:40 AM   #9
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Xonic View Post
I thought there were 3601 but Sector 3601 was too far out to support life or something to that extent.
If the Universe is spherical and made up of wedge shaped sectors, as we have been told it is, then all sectors are equidistant from the center and none are any more or less "far out" than the rest.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:40 AM   #10
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelantern View Post
Well...the universe is constantly expanding. Maybe in the future there will be a few more sectors than we have now.
If the Universe is spherical and made up of wedge shaped sectors, as we have been told it is, then all sectors are equidistant from the center and none are any more or less "far out" than the rest.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #11
MeltDown
Kilowog's Recruit

Where is it said that each sector is a pie slice? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just honestly curious to check it out.
MeltDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

In the Secret Files, it's in the Tales of the Sinestro Corps graphic.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #13
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

It's one of those things that will never be nailed down and kept to because it's just too juicy a carrot to dangle in front of a lazy writer (yes... lazy) to say... OOOOH but THIS threat is from sector 3602 which is even FURTHER AND DARKER than 3601 etc etc etc....
Old 08-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
Shingo Wol

Didn't sector 3600 come to life way back in Tales of the Green Lantern Corps (the Eighties)

And then The Guardians put it to sleep like a mad dog?

! What if it woke up and is controlling the black corps!!!!!!!!