X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff Johns in trouble?

Check this out...

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/07/ra...et-1234570870/

Ray Fisher (Cyborg from the live-action JL movie) goes on to say that Whedon's treatment during the 90% reshoot was abusive, gross, unprofessional, and unacceptable. Also, that he was enabled "in many ways" by Geoff Johns.

Wowzers!

Also, other bad juju on Geoff Johns....

Someone from Warner Brothers needs to investigate Fisher's claims. This doesn't sound like the usual personality conflicts in moviemaking; this suggests a hostile work environment. WB needs to see how much of this is Fisher's perception or if others feel the way that he does.
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

The fact that Johns maneuvered behind the scenes to keep the A-list pencilers away from Bendis should have put him on everyone's shit list. Ask yourself what kind of person does that.

Comment

yeah don't care i just want the Cut to come out ("Whatever it takes")

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Now is the time to flush Baz and Cruz, rather than to keep paying him royalties on them.
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-02-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

John's has always had a remarkable knack for injecting his own half creations into franchises so that he gets royalties for them down the line.

Comment

Yep. And everything he created needs to go away. At this point it's worthless anyway.

The property has needed rebooting for a long time, and this should be the last straw for every skeptic.

But it's important to say that the reboot should be about SUBTRACTION, not ADDITION. Lord knows there's a ton of stuff that needs to go.

Comment

Don't turn some little wise-ass loose on it who would add all sorts of stuff that he'd get paid for, and that even his fanboys would get tired of in a few years.

Comment

Coming on top of Covid-19, this was the last thing DC needed. But it's what can happen to you when you make your company all about one hired hand. DC listened to Geoff's fanboys and promoted him again and again and again. He was their public face. He was Mr. DC for, I don't know, maybe fifteen years.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                    Yep. And everything he created needs to go away. At this point it's worthless anyway.

The property has needed rebooting for a long time, and this should be the last straw for every skeptic.

But it's important to say that the reboot should be about SUBTRACTION, not ADDITION. Lord knows there's a ton of stuff that needs to go.
                    So you want Green Lantern to revert to Ron Marz's vision of his world? Because not only was Green Lantern on the verge of cancelling prior to Marz & Banks, but I'm pretty sure DC doesn't want to call attention to a certain writer who came before him.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                      So you want Green Lantern to revert to Ron Marz's vision of his world? Because not only was Green Lantern on the verge of cancelling prior to Marz & Banks, but I'm pretty sure DC doesn't want to call attention to a certain writer who came before him.
                      Just get rid of everything that sucks. Which is one whole hell of a lot.

The concept of a proper reboot is simple. You go back to the very beginning of a comic, and as you retell the story, you leave out the parts that sucked.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-04-2020, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Just get rid of everything that sucks. Which is one whole hell of a lot.

The concept of a proper reboot is simple. You go back to the very beginning of a comic, and as you retell the story, you leave out the parts that sucked.
                        DC has already done this with the Morrison seasons. They've scaled back the backdrop, put the focus on Hal, and brought back allusions from the Silver Age. The next phase will logically be opening up the story again with multiple titles and more characters. I don't expect this story with Fisher and Whedon to change that.

Comment

No,that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about GETTING RID OF THINGS.

Yes, including Jessica Cruz. She's got to go, along with much other flotsam.
                          Trey Strain
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-04-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

No,that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about GETTING RID OF THINGS.

Yes, including Jessica Cruz. She's got to go, along with much other flotsam.
                            What you're talking about will cost DC money. That won't happen, even if WB investigates Johns and finds that he's guilty of unsavory behavior. DC will continue to add characters and tell space opera stories with Green Lantern because those are intrinsic to this type of mythos.

Enjoy the smaller-scale stories while you can, because the next writer will likely be under an editorial mandate to find places for characters and concepts that are currently dormant. With the HBO Max show coming up, DC will want to advertise and capitalize on as many GL characters as possible.

Comment

Bullshit .DC isn't going to "investigate" anything.

Make your case that DC should continue paying royalties to this guy for having created such an extraneous and piss-poor character. You can't.

The only thing that should concern anyone when DC does the right thing and flushes her is that you might have to be out on suicide watch.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-04-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X