Ok truth time.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

Star tours 3D was filmed in 3D right? How good was it? I am trying to get a family vac to disneyland sometime this summer, prolly before SDCC
    It's pretty cool. I believe it was filmed in 3D. Yeah its cool enough to bring you family to. Its a ride that you have to go on multiple times to see mostly everything. There are alot of different combinations of the ride. I've been on the ride at least 6-7 times already and I still haven't seen Hoth(the one I really want to see), but I have seen everything else.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

@ TGL and sylent_asassin
      Thank you for the infos!

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        ya know i should of added Titanic 3D to this topic/poll, from what i've read nothing new is being added to it, just the 3D ()
        I hated Titanic the first time. You would have to pay me to see it this time.

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
        I don't listen to the haters. I'm going to see Phantom Menace on the big screen on opening day. I can't imagine I'll ever pass up a chance to see any of the 6 films in theaters. I just wish they'd crank them out faster so can get right to the original trilogy. I haven't seen them on the big screen since the 90s.
        ^^This, this, and this!

If they were re-releasing them in 2D, I would still see that. When they re-released in the 90s I saw them each at least 3 times. It's friggin' Star Wars. I love SW. Sure, PM may be the weakest of the 6, but I still like it and it's still SW to me.

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
        People would pay money to see Jar-Jar Binks? ...
        Not specifically. I also hate Jar-Jar and Jake Lloyd's acting, but I like Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, young Kenobi, the Jedi council, the pod races, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
          Yo.

I wouldnt go *that far*, but I certainly wouldnt pay to see it again in 3d

Tazer
          Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
          That movie sucks.
          3D sucks.

I can only imagine that The Phantom Menace in 3D will suck exponentially.
          This.
          Originally posted by IonFan View Post
          ya know when Avatar went back to the big screen they added to it, h@ll when it came out on DvD the 2nd time they added even more......... just saying
          Yeah, Avatar was also shot in 3D with 3D cameras and a LOT of it was CG. So that's not saying anything.
          Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          What are you saying? You want Lucas to screw with the prequels too?
          He already has.
          Originally posted by CaptainFrxz View Post
          I will, since i am 90s kid after all and our generation tends to not hate it that much since we can remember seeing it as kids(it's not a bad movie for kids imo)
          really? because I do.
          Not specifically. I also hate Jar-Jar and Jake Lloyd's acting, but I like Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, young Kenobi, the Jedi council, the pod races, etc.
          Young Kenobi was whiny, Qui-Gon went back and forth on everything and Darth Maul was a weak, albeit cool, villain. He had Obi-Wan on the ropes and just slashed away at the ground; what the hell was that about? Plus, the Jedi Council are like the Guardians: short-sighted and make shitty decisions. Podraces were cool though.

Just for fun, what's your order on the films?
          Mine is 5, 4, 6, 3, 1, 2
          [center]

Originally posted by W.West
          DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Pretty close to mine.

5, 4, 3, 6, 2, 1.

#3 had just enough story development to make it more interesting than Jedi to me, which often drags. Plus I don't really like Ewoks (though they're about 20x cooler than Gungans).

Comment

Aw! I love Ewoks. Yub Yub Eve, that's "Steve" in Ewok (from "American Dad").

Anyway, I have trouble deciding whether I like 5 or 6 at the top of my list. I think I'll say:

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
              To all the 3D-viewers:
              Do you always get a new pair of 3D-glasses in the theatre? And are there differences in quality of the glasses? I only know them from my childhood where they were made of paper with some red-green or red-blue glasses ;D
              Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
              Now, when you see a movie in 3d, they provide the glasses and want you to return them after the movie is over. When you're exiting the theater, they heard you towards a bin where you're supposed to drop off the glasses.
              They're doing a special set of glasses for this release. I'm not sure if they'll give 'em to adults? Here's the post I made for it, in the upcoming movie thread a few weeks ago:

Originally posted by CYLON (13) View Post
              So, for next month's Episode I 3D re-release, going to a (select) AMC theatre could bring you and your kids some good times:

The 10 participating Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace exclusive event screening theatres are:

- Atlanta: AMC Southlake 24;
              - Boston: AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20;
              - Chicago: AMC South Barrington 30;
              - Denver: AMC Highlands Ranch 24;
              - Los Angeles: AMC Tustin 14 at The District; AMC Ontario Mills 30;
              - New York: AMC Empire 25; AMC Garden State 16;
              - Phoenix: AMC Mesa Grand 24;
              - San Francisco: AMC Emeryville Bay Street 16

THE GOODIES
              (while supplies last):

* Exclusive Anakin Skywalker Podracer 3D glasses with ticket purchase, to truly get into the speed and spectacle of 3D Star Wars on the big screen.

* A Hasbro Star Wars FIGHTER PODS collectible toy with RealD 3D ticket purchase
              (they say they'll have these at all AMC's, not just the few noted up top. F.Y.I.)

* A LEGO(r) feature area

* Darth Maul face-painting; a chance to reveal your inner Sith Lord at long last!

* Special character appearances for photo opportunities

* Demonstrations of the upcoming Xbox Kinect(tm) Star Wars(tm)

Source

I hated Titanic the first time. You would have to pay me to see it this time.
              Highfive, bro-sef!

...If they were re-releasing them in 2D, I would still see that. When they re-released in the 90s I saw them each at least 3 times. It's friggin' Star Wars. I love SW. Sure, PM may be the weakest of the 6, but I still like it and it's still SW to me...
              I feel the same.

...Not specifically. I also hate Jar-Jar and Jake Lloyd's acting, but I like Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, young Kenobi, the Jedi council, the pod races, etc.
              I liked Jar-Jar. Everyone acts like he shot their mother, with all the hate he gets.
              "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
              "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
              "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
              "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
              *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

Well, I'll admit they sing well. I can just skip teddy bears defeating the most powerful empire in the universe for like half an hour.

My stepdad likes Jar-Jar too. So, that makes two of you.

Comment

Might take my niece to see it.

She's a Star Wars junkie, and will likely enjoy the novelty of seeing a Star Wars movie, any Star Wars movie, in a theater for a change.

Comment

Except for the fact that YUB NUB WAS REMOVED FROM THE MOVIE SO WE COULD SEE SHITTY AS CI SHOTS OF NABOO AND CORUSCANT AND CLOUD CITY!!! BULLYCOCK!

Also, Ghost Hayden Christensen in RotJ was bullshit.
                    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                      Except for the fact that YUB NUB WAS REMOVED FROM THE MOVIE SO WE COULD SEE SHITTY AS CI SHOTS OF NABOO AND CORUSCANT AND CLOUD CITY!!! BULLYCOCK!

This This This

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                        EXACTLY!!!!

Comment

...My stepdad likes Jar-Jar too. So, that makes two of you.
                          I knew there was a reason I liked that guy! Heh.

Comment

Jar Jar is still better than fucking Ewoks.

Comment

Yo.

yur high

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Potato/tomato.

Two different things, I think.
                                Ewoks you want to hug. Jar jar you want to talk to when you're stoned.
                                Make of that what you will.

Comment

Working...
                                X