No announcement yet.

Heroes in Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The post-HiC Poison Ivy is probably the offshoot Wally planted.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
      The post-HiC Poison Ivy is probably the offshoot Wally planted.
      Maybe, though she seems to be some weird Ivy-Linda creation.

Am I right about the killing, though? This is a bit confusing, but do you guys read it as a Speed Force explosion caused by psychological trauma?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Am I right about the killing, though? This is a bit confusing, but do you guys read it as a Speed Force explosion caused by psychological trauma?
        That's what happened, I didn't think it was confusing tho, just dumb like most of tom kings plot points. As for Wally post HIC, he's supposed to be in the Suicide Squad relaunch that Brian Azzarello is writing.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
          That's what happened, I didn't think it was confusing tho, just dumb like most of tom kings plot points. As for Wally post HIC, he's supposed to be in the Suicide Squad relaunch that Brian Azzarello is writing.
          Yeah, I guess it's not. It just seems so random and off-the-wall that I was hoping I missed something. I thought it was dumb when they gave the New 52 Superman that solar flare power, but this is worse.

I hadn't heard about the Squad thing. That would definitely make sense if he's a super criminal now.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
            As for Wally post HIC, he's supposed to be in the Suicide Squad relaunch that Brian Azzarello is writing.
            I used to be a fan of Azzarello. But that, if true, is terrible.

Comment

How about Wally in Titans with Kyle?

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                How about Wally in Titans with Kyle?
                Titans just ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  Titans just ended.

For a reboot, not for low sales. The sales were far above cancellation level.

It needs a lineup with bigger stars than it had.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                    For a reboot, not for low sales. The sales were far above cancellation level.

It needs a lineup with bigger stars than it had.
                    Two things.

1. The lineup at its launch is as big as its gonna get.
                    2. Fuck Kyle.

Comment

• If I had my way, I'd get rid of Kyle. Three Earth Lanterns is almost too many, let alone the seven or however many they've got now. But I don't think they're going to get rid of him, and besides, Kyle and Wally in that comic would help sell it.

They should put Connor Hawke in it too.
                      Trey Strain
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-26-2019, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• I hadn't heard the Azzarello Squad thing, especially not including Wally. I'm so glad I stopped reading after issue 3. I don't think I could handle reading this. I can only judge it based on the glimpses into it that I get from you all and those fans I follow on twitter. Besides the art, I haven't heard one person say its a good series.

Comment

• It would be written extremely well if it was an Elseworlds, or the Injusticeverse, or a Squadron Supreme spinoff, or whatever. But Tom King cannot write an established DC character to save his life. He's sooooo good otherwise. But it's like he has never read a single DC comic book, and only got to know the characters through a long game of chinese whispers including Helen Keller, Ludwig van Beethoven and Pete Townshend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                            It would be written extremely well if it was an Elseworlds, or the Injusticeverse, or a Squadron Supreme spinoff, or whatever. But Tom King cannot write an established DC character to save his life. He's sooooo good otherwise...
                            This is pretty much my feeling. I've liked the format, with the confessionals* breaking up the narrative. A lot of the humor has really hit. That stuff, along with the art, made the issues readable. But it's like he's playing with his own set of rules in some other DCU where Harley can easily evade the Trinity and Wally is a walking time bomb.

*[Although, even here, I have to say I don't get why so many of these heroes would care about the confessionals. They're told nobody is listening, they're not saved, and they'll get no advice, so it's about as productive as yelling at the wall in an empty house. I could see some people liking that, but everyone who goes?!]

Comment

• Wally in Suicide Squad rumor
                              https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...ajor-spoilers/

Comment

• Terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X